Do people really want smart face removed?

Options

I was viewing a certain fog whisperers stream, and she seems to be very adamant about it having something to do with racism. This literally makes zero sense when you take into account that leatherface is a cannibal who has nothing to do with social justice, and it would actually be kind of racist if he didnt wear clauds face because of her skin color. Thoughts?

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

This is still going on?

• razberrypizza
    razberrypizza Member Posts: 132
    Options

Its crazy cause this person is somehow a fog whisperer and has what id consider to be some pretty controversial opinions relating to real world stuff to say the least

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

This is the world we live in. Sadly,

I don't think it's Racist for bubba to Have it, It's his Lore anyway that he eats his Victims and Wears their Faces..

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I wear Cannibals P3 head, and someone accused me of wearing Claudette's face as blackface.

Imo it's just Survivors using SJW as an excuse to be another kind of toxic. Laugh at them, move on, get into another game, and punish them for it.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069
    Options

Biggest racists are people like your mentioned streamers. If we need something, it's law that protects from stupid people, but then it's another problem cause it's intolerant.

Think about it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

It's because there are people that wear it that say they are wearing it for racist reasons. If people just wore it as a skin and didn't say anything it wouldn't be an issue but it's the ones wearing it and being racist in chat/messages after that cause the problem. If BHVR decides to remove it they should remove the other 3 survivors face masks as well - if players want different Bubba faces they can p3 or buy them.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Keep in mind that a previous Fog Whisperer was later discovered to have a criminal record for...stuff involving children. Can't really say much more than this.

And yes, bonkers fringe progressive ideology isn't exactly unusual in gaming right now. Blizzard recently replaced in-game portraits of conventionally attractive women with portraits of fruit, and removed the 'pounce' and 'flirt' emotes to be more 'inclusive'. Gah.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

I've always thought however bad BHVR might be, they are still much better than Blizzard. It will be disappointing if they prove it wrong.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538
    Options

Lmao what. We living in a world where you can be murdered by police for being black, and this is the hill someone's dying on. Some people really have no perspective... blackface is a societal tool used to explicitly denigrate and prevent black people from participating in their own representation. A fictional video game character who wears peoples faces? I couldn't think of a bigger waste of energy and platform, completely misses the mark. Outrage on behalf of others while it can come from a well intentioned place, can really highlight how little that person understands the struggles and priorities of marginalised people lol

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Not going to lie, it felt a little sus face camping Claudette just for her skin. But at the end of the day, I do not care, I got all my masks. Gg ez baby survivors.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

It got really out of hand when the BLM movement started trending.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Those people will also think post like this is also some racist thing. Agree with first comment.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

My opinion? That fog whisperer is dumb. Nothing is wrong with it.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

We could just ignore stupidity?

When every person is treated the same it's not racism is it... if it was ONLY claudette sure, but it's legit the base 4 survivors.

What a joke lol

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558
    Options

I wish I didn't live in 2021 I'm tired of hurt feelings and people crying over trivial nonsense. Like she's not upset he's wearing the face of another human being as a sort of trophy and mask for his deformity no she's upset because Claudette is black and Bubba is white.

I'm pretty sure when you get upset over a man with a chainsaw who eats people and wears thier skin not because he does that. But because the woman who he murdered and wore doesn't have the same skin color as him i think you need to a ######### reality check.

• Sweet_Tour
    Sweet_Tour Member Posts: 558
    Options

Bro we have Blizzards on Ormond. Overwatch in Dbd confirmed?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,462
    Options

This topic comes up periodically, but this is not the place to throw shades at people for their opinions.

This discussion has been closed.