Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game became simply unplayable as a killer

2»

Comments

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Boons arent gamebreaking. If a survivor sets up a boon, they would need to use it at least 5 times to cut it even in terms of time efficiency. If survivors need to reset a boon, they, on average, need to use it 5 times per blessing to gain time. If they use it more than 5 times on average, that's on you.

Nah, Blight got buffed even.

Hexes were always RNG, the only difference is that survivors now have reasons to start the match looking for totems rather than just searching the totem if they need to get rid of it. 4 survivors working together could clear all 5 totems within 1 minute anyway. Boons simply created a reason for solo survivors to do so too.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    edited October 2021

How did you determine the 5 times use to be effective ?

All survivors doesn't have self care but can still heal themselves.

Blessing takes 14 seconds... And it grants 100% healing speed = 16 seconds to heal against 32 seconds with self care.

So blessing 14 seconds + healing self = 30 seconds.

Only one use is needed to make it more efficient than self-care...

Boon totems gave the survivors a reason to look for totem right at the start bu when cleansing a totem they also add a safe area for them.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Well said. I've been suggesting that Hexes should be place-able by the Killer for a long time. But then they give that mechanic to Survivors instead?? #########

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

Im ok with nerfing boon.

Bring old DS back as compensation.

Im tired of people get camped and tunneled to death because their perk slots are taken by mediocre perks.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited October 2021

It’s not unplayable. You just have to eat a mountain of complete losses to get your sbmm in the right place.

I think maybe it’s too easy for killer to rank up their sbmm. I feel like you only need one or two 3-4K matches then you get destroyed with 0 kills for the next 8-10 matches then you get easier ones again.

I think sbmm largely benefits survivor at higher rating because you will generally get paired with other good survivors if you are also good. What happens then is that one potato most killer players relied on to get the pressure going isn’t there.

I find games tend to swing between 4x elite players who basically stomp me and then 4x potato bake that I can destroy at 4 gens up.

Im not sure if this is balanced as it feels a lil more swingy than balanced compared to the old system.

It’s not unplayable though.

edit - unless you are getting the load error that is genuinely unplayable.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

The problem with this argument is these were true prior to boons and mmr.

Nurse and POSSIBLY Spirit and Blight (no longer Spirit) were the only killers who could keep up with really good survivors.

Also if those perks are F-tier because of how fast they get cleansed, they've been F-tier since they were introduced. I'm not sure if you noticed, but most hexes were broken incredibly fast even before boons.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's more than boons, as is, just don't work with the paradigm of DbD.

There are 4 survivors, and 16 perks between them. It's easy to assign someone as 'hex hunter' while everyone else does gens or runs interference.

There is only 1 killer, so while you're trying to snuff the fiddly little boon totem, 4 survivors are busy popping a gen.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

So basically new ruin is better than old ruin. You can't possibly tell me that having to hit a great skill check on a generator (which is something most survivors don't struggle with) was more effective than the generator automatically regressing at TWICE the normal speed once it stop being repaired.