We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Pyramid Blight

Options
Sandwich_Jesus
Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
edited October 2021 in Lore

So then... it means Talbot managed to subdue and capture Pyramid head.

well ill be damned, got to give him credit for taking on Pyramid head and experimenting on him.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2021
    Options

We never had gotten much lore about how Talbot captures Killers other than Trapper... he might have as well just zoomed onto him and give him the stabbies with the needle for what we know.

Post edited by adirgeforthedead on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

I'm more surprised that the Blight actually did anything to Pyramid Head. I wouldn't have thought that he was made out of something that could be receptive to its influence.

It's a sick-looking cosmetic, though. I'm sorely tempted and I don't even like playing Pyramid Head.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

honestly this is the one and only cosmetic i will largely question the canon of. I'd be very suprised if some Scottish chemistry nerd managed to sneak up on or subdue a penance demon from a separate dimension.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I think Pyramid Head was up for it. There are certain subreddits that go into detail.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It's more than likely he just used Tinkerer to sneak up on him.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think only the first collection were canon, some descriptions of the newer ones were pretty weird.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Yeah but that's boring, I like to think he just snuck up on Pyramid Head lol

• pyramidheadmain6233
    pyramidheadmain6233 Member Posts: 117
    Options

As a Pyramid head main I celebrate

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,725
    Options

I think only the cosmetics labeled event are canon Blight experiments. However, I'd love to imagine Talbot kidnapping/sneaking up on Pyramid Head.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

I also think that Blight only zoomed in on Pyramide Head and Nemesis and then injected them with the serum. Same for most other killers as I do not believe he would go thorugh the trouble of catching and capturing them more then absolutly needed.

Nemesis is sure an interesting upgrade with that serum and Pyramide Head probably does not care much about it. However it fits quit well in Pyramide Heads theme of self-harm and guilty when you read through Blights law. Pyramide Head would hunt Blight I think...

That said I think those skins are "kind of canon" because the entities realm is a weired place after all. It can capture many versions of the same Killer or survivor and add them to its collection as we see with Heather and her skins, Ace different versions and so on.

To think that an eldrich being like the entity is limited to a single timeline would be kinda outrageous. Xp

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Its a cosmetics, a highly requested one too. Whatever lore you make out about it doesnt matter, just your money

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

From the looks of it, Talbot did actually capture Pyramid Head. On the Pyramid Blight skin you can see the contraption that is used to inject putrid serum on his back. The contraption isn't something you can just slap onto somebody in a second, it needs to be installed into their body. Also, the whole purpose of the contraption is to delay the injection, giving Talbot time to get to safety and observe the results. So if Talbot just snuck up on Pyramid Head, he would have probably used a syringe instead to inject the putrid serum. So it seems like Talbot somehow captured Pyramid Head, and was able to keep him detained for long enough to install the putrid serum contraption. But I guess this isn't anything out of the ordinary, considering Talbot was also able to capture The Spirit and The Nurse.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Do you think that... maybe... Pyramid Head allowed himself to be experimented on by Blight, knowing he would become stronger from it? I mean, he's pretty sentient, unlike most Killers. He actually went to the Entity's realm willingly! I think that's the most likely explanation.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,048
    Options

I thought you said "A pyramid head" like their pokemon or something

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

So, according to the news post on the official website (https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/james-sunderland-blighted-ph) Pyramid Head "ups the ante as he injects a searing dose of putrid serum into his system." So Pyramid Head injected himself...somehow. How did he even get the putrid serum?

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Options

Pyramid head - regular.

barbed wire pyramid head - evolved.

melted cheese pyramid head - shiny.

Pyramid blight - shiny evolved.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Options
  • Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

Interesting to note that the ambiguity over Pyramid Head's relationship to the Entity in terms of how powerful he is, and then this blight cosmetic.. I wonder of this was a part of the agreement to have Pyramid Head as part of something that could challenge the Entity.

Personally, my head-cannon is that any blight cosmetic after the 5th anniversary isn't cannon, but if it is it's nice to see Pyramid Head choosing this. Is this Pyramid Head integrating further into the Entity? A way of the Sun Goddess exploring the Entity? Or even the Entity gifting Pyramid Head in some way?

No idea, but my head-cannon says this is just a rather gnarly (in a good way) cosmetic.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Options

Apparently he injected himself.

dont know why, most likely so he can ######### with the entity further.

• Dito175
    Options

In a past stream when asked about mutiple survivors exitsting the devs answered that there's only one version of each person at a time in the realm.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

This is kind of hard to believe in my opinion and the idea that you can meet yourself from different timelines in a pace out of the timeline is kinda mindblowing. I always imagined the interesting meeting that could happen here: Dwight commenting himself on his stupid costum, Heather meeting Alessa, Ace playing against himself...

Damn if that was all only fanfiction material...

• Dito175
    edited October 2021
    Options

The archives can also back that up a little, there's an entry from the observer's lore a while back that mentioned some memories that belong to another claudette, he seemed surprised when he seen it and said he would look more into it. If the observer can easily search in the fog for memories and seemed taken aback by that it might means it never happened before or it's a pretty rare occurrence.

Edit: and also for outfits, I think the only canon ones might be the blight skins.