Can Lag Switchers be reported Xbox One?

I am just curious can lag switches be reported and is anything ever done about it. I just had someone lag switch me I couldn't throw pallet on them and I was hiding next thing I am on killers shoulder. I messaged this person and they did not deny it they just thought it was funny.

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    That’s not a lag switch, that’s 750 ping. You were red-barring like a MF. 
  • neacutie
    neacutie Member Posts: 48

The killers connection was green, if it was red I would have left straight away. Thank you for your reply

• DarkWo1f997
    neacutie said:

The killers connection was green, if it was red I would have left straight away. Thank you for your reply

The killer will always be green, he’s the host. You are connecting directly to his IP via Peer to Peer connection, the further you are from him, the worse your match quality will be. 

If your ping is green before the match starts, that won’t mean much, it can spike at anytime. This isn’t usually the case, but the ping reader in DBD is a little weird. It drops and spikes like crazy upon joining a match and takes a brief moment to calibrate. 

Still, latency can be affected whenever, and it’s likely that either his internet or yours suffered packet loss. 

Lag switching is currently impossible on Xbox One, since the Xbox Live service will terminate your connection if your ping gets too high;  signing you out of Xbox Live.  You would have to completely reprogram the software, some hardware, and your router to trick XBL into thinking you have a good connection.  

This is stupidly complex and tedious and iI assure you that no one out there would be would be willing to do all of that with the risk of being caught and having to do it all over again with a new Xbox. 

It’s really bad latency. The servers are strange and drop packets sometimes during a match. This is why matches will outright end at random. They are not always user disconnects, a good majority of them are caused by the servers. 
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@neacutie said:
    I am just curious can lag switches be reported and is anything ever done about it. I just had someone lag switch me I couldn't throw pallet on them and I was hiding next thing I am on killers shoulder. I messaged this person and they did not deny it they just thought it was funny.

well do you have proof or did you have ######### for ping?

• DarkWo1f997
    Ignore the peasant that dismissed my knowledge of the subject. 
  • alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

well thenwhat was your ping in pre game?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Khalednazari good job by you. I bet he feels amazing about his rank 1 status.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    fcc2014 said:

@Khalednazari good job by you. I bet he feels amazing about his rank 1 status.

At first, I was surprised how this guy was playing at rank 1, then the very next second it hit me that he must be doing it all along. Credit to the survivor team, being in a solo queue, we managed to finish two gens and were altruistic enough, so one of us could escape. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@neacutie said:

Video proof? Otherwise there is nothing to report to the devs :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Khalednazari said:
    Also if you wanna compare how lag switching looks like, here's the video link when I played against a lag switcher. 

The video reads "winning against laggswitcher"
    Thats literally impossible because there is nothing you can do against a laggswticher, he just kills you :lol:

• Khalednazari
    Master said:

The video reads "winning against laggswitcher"
    Thats literally impossible because there is nothing you can do against a laggswticher, he just kills you :lol:

Morally and teachically, when you play against losers, you are winning anyway, despite what the match results say :) #nevergiveup
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited November 2018

Admitting to lagswitching is not bannable,

I admitted to ESPN hacking when survivors accused me of it even tho I have no VACban on my steamacc, the devs probably had a good laugh at ppl calling a myers with mirror a ESPN hacker.

You actually have to cheat to be banned.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2018
    Ignore all that is spoken above. Lag switch is possible on any platform. There's a clear difference between a lag switch and a normal latency issue.

As for the answer to your question, yes, you can report the person. It's also helpful if you record the gameplay. At the moment, there's no ban system for console, but @not_Queen, our community mamager, replied in a similar thread I made, wherein she has assured that they are working on it and we shouldn't stop using the reporting section, since it is all logged in their backend. 
    Dude its not possible on Xbox one, I have been playing on it for years and I have 1k on dbd itself. Not once have I seen a lag switcher myself or on any of the clubs I'm in for dbd. If it was possible than I assure you it would have been posted on one of those clubs and since that is a popular subject and would receive a lot of attention it would appear on the games official club and yet a clip of lag switching has never been seen. The only things I've seen that is similar to lag switching are clips of players with really bad connection to the host.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I had one with friends against a Michel started recording when they started lagging us and if me frozen mid air after freezing at a vault start and just managing to catch him teleport down stairs counts me and friends that survived jumped out the hatch waste of a key or another that has alot more reliable proof me running from a doc who dont move and downs me then walks over from where i ran from him to begin with if that's not outright cheating I dont know what is
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2018

@AChaoticKiller said:
    Khalednazari said:

Ignore all that is spoken above. Lag switch is possible on any platform. There's a clear difference between a lag switch and a normal latency issue.

As for the answer to your question, yes, you can report the person. It's also helpful if you record the gameplay. At the moment, there's no ban system for console, but @not_Queen, our community mamager, replied in a similar thread I made, wherein she has assured that they are working on it and we shouldn't stop using the reporting section, since it is all logged in their backend. 

Dude its not possible on Xbox one, I have been playing on it for years and I have 1k on dbd itself. Not once have I seen a lag switcher myself or on any of the clubs I'm in for dbd. If it was possible than I assure you it would have been posted on one of those clubs and since that is a popular subject and would receive a lot of attention it would appear on the games official club and yet a clip of lag switching has never been seen. The only things I've seen that is similar to lag switching are clips of players with really bad connection to the host.

I have 1200+ hours on Xbox One and I have encountered only 1 player that I can confirm was lag switching. It is indeed possible (just do a simple Google search for "lag switch Xbox One"). The guy in question I played against at least 5 times, and he lag switched both me and my friend. His connection would be totally fine until you FL him, then he would start chasing you and suddenly the connection goes to #########. Everyone is walking into walls, you get hit when killer isn't anywhere to be seen, and you will suddenly just appear on his shoulder being carried to a hook. Again he did it multiple times to me and a friend. I've played against maybe 5 others that could possibly be a lag switch, but it's hard to say for sure (couple times it would seem like the guy lag switched too hard and DC'ed himself). This guy though I'm 100% positive just because of how consistent things would mess up at the most convenient time and only AFTER you FL him.

• Khalednazari
    @AChaoticKiller It's pretty rare to find hackers, lag switchers on console. I have encountered a person lag switching on PS4 only once. But yes, if you just google it, you will know that it is possible. 
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@Khalednazari said:
    Also if you wanna compare how lag switching looks like, here's the video link when I played against a lag switcher. 

That's some legit lag switching; he lags the perfect amount of time at just the right times.

lol @ the meg floating around like the nurse.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    @AChaoticKiller It's pretty rare to find hackers, lag switchers on console. I have encountered a person lag switching on PS4 only once. But yes, if you just google it, you will know that it is possible. 
    Only 1 on ps4? You're lucky then. I've lost count myself. Not many in DbD but in other games...
  • neacutie
    neacutie Member Posts: 48

Well, I reported them anyway, I want to enjoy my games and have a fair shot at it. I can handle been camped but when people use forms of cheating so they win all the time it is just unfair.

• DarkWo1f997

@AChaoticKiller said:
    Khalednazari said:

I have 1200+ hours on Xbox One and I have encountered only 1 player that I can confirm was lag switching. It is indeed possible (just do a simple Google search for "lag switch Xbox One"). The guy in question I played against at least 5 times, and he lag switched both me and my friend. His connection would be totally fine until you FL him, then he would start chasing you and suddenly the connection goes to #########. Everyone is walking into walls, you get hit when killer isn't anywhere to be seen, and you will suddenly just appear on his shoulder being carried to a hook. Again he did it multiple times to me and a friend. I've played against maybe 5 others that could possibly be a lag switch, but it's hard to say for sure (couple times it would seem like the guy lag switched too hard and DC'ed himself). This guy though I'm 100% positive just because of how consistent things would mess up at the most convenient time and only AFTER you FL him.

It’s possible, but nowhere near the effort and at least $2k to jurryrig that #########. So because it’s a top google search, means it’s easy? Really? That’s your argument? You aren’t trolling? You don’t explain anything like I did. Facts or I dismiss your argument. 
  • thesuicidefox
    edited November 2018

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    It’s possible, but nowhere near the effort and at least $2k to jurryrig that #########. So because it’s a top google search, means it’s easy? Really? That’s your argument? You aren’t trolling? You don’t explain anything like I did. Facts or I dismiss your argument. 

Dud > http://www.extreme-mods.com/Extreme-Lag-Switch_p_392.html
    $40... Like I said just Google search it. If you did you would have seen this it's the very first link. There are pages of these shops. $2k for what basically amounts to an on/off switch. LMFAO

• DarkWo1f997

@DarkWo1f997 said:

$40... Like I said just Google search it. If you did you would have seen this it's the very first link. There are pages of these shops. $2k for what basically amounts to an on/off switch. LMFAO

Lag switching is useless if the service literally boots you for having high ping you dummy. Read my posts before you think me the unknowledgable one. 

R E A D. 
  • thesuicidefox
    edited November 2018

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Lag switching is useless if the service literally boots you for having high ping you dummy. Read my posts before you think me the unknowledgable one. 

R E A D. 

LOL except that it actually doesn't. I've seen 1000+ pings in some games (DBD included). If 1000 ping doesn't get you booted from online games IDK what would.

I've been an XBL member since the ORIGINAL Xbox. My account is 13 years old. I've seen lag switching MANY times, but it obviously has happened less and less as the years went on. I remember getting lag switched in Halo 2. But that doesn't mean it's IMPOSSIBLE now as long as the game is p2p you can do it. The real reason you can't do it in most games is because of dedicated servers, which a lot of Xbox games with multiplayer do now. Fighters still face issues with lag switchers because it's p2p.

• Khalednazari

Lag switching is currently impossible on Xbox One, since the Xbox Live service will terminate your connection if your ping gets too high;  signing you out of Xbox Live. 

DarkWo1f997 said:

It’s possible, but nowhere near the effort and at least $2k to jurryrig that #########. 

Sums up. Okay. 
  • Khalednazari
    edited November 2018
    Here's the video of Lag Switch on Xbox, so those who say it's impossible, and discredit the OP of this thread by calling it a mere latency issue, this should be an eye opener. There are many more videos on YT. Check them out, too.

https://youtu.be/M0uSzdzqPUc
  • thesuicidefox

@Khalednazari $2000 well spent!

• DarkWo1f997
    edited November 2018

Lag switching is currently impossible on Xbox One, since the Xbox Live service will terminate your connection if your ping gets too high;  signing you out of Xbox Live. 

DarkWo1f997 said:

It’s possible, but nowhere near the effort and at least $2k to jurryrig that #########. 

Sums up. Okay. 
    There you go contorting the context. It is physically possible to modify the console with enough determination, however, the XBL service will boot high ping users. 

Edit: arguing with know-it-alls that don’t even grasp what I am saying to them is not my specialty. It’s impossible to get away with lag switching, there is so much ######### in place to catch that on Xbox.

@thesuicidefox my account is ALSO 13 years old. I have yet to run into a single lag switcher. 

I don’t have the energy to argue with two individuals that can’t seem to do anything besides provoke and annoy everyone on the forums. I’m done with this thread. Go waste someone else’s time, neither of you are listening to me. 
  • thesuicidefox
    edited November 2018

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    @thesuicidefox my account is ALSO 13 years old. I have yet to run into a single lag switcher. 

I don’t have the energy to argue with two individuals that can’t seem to do anything besides provoke and annoy everyone on the forums. I’m done with this thread. Go waste someone else’s time, neither of you are listening to me. 

If that's the case then you would have definitely encountered lag switching in Halo 2, it was quite rampant. Especially above rank 40. If you played Gears 1 or Gears 2 you would have encountered it too. So my guess is that you don't play online versus games as much, or at the very least games that are p2p. Like I said above, lag switching is impossible in most Xbox One games because they use dedicated servers. Has nothing to do with the Xbox platform itself.

Regarding the "know-it-all" comment: I'm not the one sitting here denying something that has a ton of evidence. I'm not sitting here telling you it never happens despite there being millions of XBL accounts and hundreds of online versus games where it could occur over the course of a 15 year period. We have given you specific examples, evidence of shops that offer lag switches, and even a video yet you still stick to this idea it's impossible. If you are getting annoyed it's only because you know you are wrong and are too stubborn to admit it. Evidence is overwhelmingly against you. Do you think that modding is also impossible? Because I could give you videos from my own channel that prove modding can be done on Xbox (well 360, I haven't encountered a modder on One as far as I can tell).