The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Plague is probably S/A tier now

PleassBuiltInNoed
PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Vs all the medkits and boon totems where survivors heal mid chase before killer can catch up, plague is actually strong as hell.

I've been using monitor, agitation, blood echo and lethal pursuer and I must say I've been getting 9-11 hooks in every game constantly. For addons I'm using green increased vile purge effectivity and green charge time for both purges. You can fully break survivors when hitting around 60-70% of your vile purge charge.

Monitor and lethal pursuer helps sneaking in on people early on. The faster you get your first infection, the better.

Agitation allows for very fast transportation to hooks, which is probably the only thing you don't wanna waste time on with this killer.

Blood Echo is kinda insane, even if survivors don't cleanse, you can deny most of their exhaustion perks, especially dead hard, at almost all times in mid/end-game. This makes plague chase potential epic even without corrupt purge as survivors can't just extend chase by another 30 seconds just by pressing a button.

With the buffs her power feels smooth and effective to use. She also fully counters the healing meta, which has been going on for very long and now is enhanced by boon totems.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

I love the Plaything Retribution combo, especially since Retribution got buffed.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

No she’s still pretty much C-D tier

• PleassBuiltInNoed

I agree with big maps issue, but every killer except for blight, nurse and spirit have that issue, thus I use agiation -> if you know survivors are at some place of the map you can just move there while carrying a survivor to a hook. But yes, on large maps my games usually end with survivors finishing all gens and one of the escaping via exit or hatch, but still 9-11 hooks is really good.

I used to like Plaything, but later found out its a useless perk, survivors mostly ignore it because of SWF or simply thanks to experience in the game. The perk does nothing to slow the gens down. When you run it against survivors who doesn't panic when he is inflicted with impairing debuffs and pays attention while doing their objectives it basically does nothing, and SWF aplifies that. If it applied exhaustion, then it would be a good perk and I think it would actually become meta.

Discordance is fine I suppose.

Deadlock is a good perk, I sometimes use it on some killers that really do need the slowdown.

Pop is actually gargabage perk after the nerf, you don't have enough time to use it in many scenarios and the time you actually gain from using it is much less than it theoretically seems.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    edited October 2021

I would rate her low S/high A, since Spirit is gone from there now.

But yes, her power actually does everything and with blood echo you don't have to worry about dead hard's that much. You could say that the buff increased her mobility since she is not slowed to hell when using it anymore.

The point is that with all the healing gone, she does not feel as stressful to play. Survivors healing hits mid-chase or just really really fast makes me feel miserable as a killer, and vs Plague they can't do that. I don't really care much about gens flying when I can down people really fast and not see them healing mid chase before I even get to the next pallet they just ran to from the previous one.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited October 2021

Interesting. I guess we both play quite differently :).

From my experience, if they don't do Plaything totems, they are setting themselves up for incredibly easy chases and grabs. Unless you are playing at a crazily high MMR, and approach correctly, it's devastating. They'll either have to play ultra paranoid, or play stupid risky. It even helps a lot on chase in some maps, as survivors don't know when to drop and constantly have to look behind them, often running into bad areas. I love it when people don't cleanse it.

It may be less useful against incredible SWF groups or 2000+ hour monsters, but most things are.

Blood Echo is...fine, but I struggle to get good value out of it especially with that boon that removes scratches. But congrats if you've made it work, always happy to see people able to play their way and have success.

Spirit is definitely still A-tier. The only thing that took a knock was her ability to mindgame, which is only really a problem at a very high level of play.

Plague is definitely not low 'S' tier, although I personally think the only S tier killer is Blight.

In theory Nurse is the strongest killer in the game, but even watching the best killers in the world, they can struggle with her. Watch Otz and his 'streak' videos, he had an easier time on Doctor (ironically).

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193

Definitely not s tier but absolutley a tier. I've always personally thought plague was at the top of b tier but now I feel she's low/mid a tier. Still suffers from most of the things m1 killers struggle from but she's way better than before.

• StarLost

I'll agree here.

The problem is more that three maps in the game are absurdly survivor favored, two are pretty survivor favored and only one is *slightly* killer favored.

As I get better at the game, I'm finding more and more that how well I play and what perks I run are sometimes of secondary important to which killer/map combination it is.

It's also why I'm leaning more and more towards playing Hag, Demo and sometimes Pinhead. The former two can bypass a lot of verticality and the latter is just an excellent anti-steamroll killer.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I might like her if she wasn’t so damn loud with her powers. Those loud ass ######### whispers ruin her

• StarLost

Demo has the same problem.

It's hard to hear footsteps and groans when it sounds like he's halfway through eating a slice of pizza constantly.

GRMFGRMFGRMFGRMF

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

No killer can be S tier without some form of mobility. Simple as. Plague is very good, but has too much RNG, survivor dependence and inconsistent chase power to be stronger than A tier.

• StarLost

This.

I'd even hesitate to put her at 'A' tier, as she's just so absurdly bad on the big 3.

She really need a specific sort of map to function well.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Wouldn't say this given how she counters the meta, and counters what people are currently complaining about.

She's B tier at minimum, has an anti-chase power that lets her snowball very, very fast.

• StarLost

'B' tier is safe, and probably where I'd put her.

She dookies all over uncoordinated groups, much like Pinhead and Wraith (well, used to for the latter, yes I'm still salty) but groups that know how to play around her immobility and don't give her too many chances to go ham with her red vommy can run over her, especially in RPD, Haddon and Badham.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

She's always been A tier, now more than ever. When she has Corrupt Purge active she shoots up to S tier.

Plague is very underrated. I think the reason people always want to put her lower is because she's a snowball killer with no mobility. The fact that she happens to directly counter the heavy healing meta right now is nice but niche and I don't think it's fair to count that towards her overall ranking.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Tbf. Plague don't come close to being S, Imho..

She still gets out-shined by Oni. Hag. Huntress. PH. Nemmy, Doctor. the 3 S tiers of course, Twins even..

She's just barely pushing High mid tier, AT BEST

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

She has a lot of potential to snowball if one survivor screws the team by not knowing when and when not to cleanse. If they do know, she's just another Legion with some anti stealth.

I don't know if that's enough to make her S, or even A-tier material in your book. It doesn't in mine.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Plague will never become S tier because if she ever becomes meta survivors will just adapt to not healing.

At best she can be a low A tier counter meta pick who has good snowball potential with her corrupt purge since she has at least 1.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

100% not S tier. Definitely A tier though.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I more or less agree, I feel like people are just really stubborn about the killers they believe to be powerful and nothing will change their minds. But as the game changes and they do not consider the implications of those changes... She has gotten MUCH better. Easily one of the best killers in the game at the moment.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

Hag, Oni, Blight, Nurse, Spirit, Huntress are still better. Not sure about others.

Plague is probably bottom A at her best.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

At this stage, all killers are D tier cause of stretched rezz and cheaters.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

damn, I guess Nurse, Spirit and Blight are C-D tier too

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

You get stomped with those killers too if you face high mmr

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140

You need the big 3 to get S tier. Chase, anti loop and mobility. That's why nurse, spirit and blight are top.

Then you got killers like huntress with no mobility, oni who is hard to control on loops, hag who again isn't very loop friendly and not great in chase cause of speed. Then you could probably toss plague in there with no mobility and needs a pool to be effective in chase and loops.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

Definitely agree on mid to low A-tier!

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Her having no chase power if good survivors don’t cleanse. An amazing survivor can just lead an M1 killer on for 5 gens or more. It’s the same reason pig is F tier. The only thing which makes plague C or D tier is if one person does cleanse the whole team can die but against a good meta team she’s also F tier.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

if survivors don't clease then they basically give the Plague an instadown M1 while they're easier to track. It's harder to loop for long periods of time when you can only take 1 hit. And it means if survivors make one slip up they will go down. It also makes going for saves riskier as you cant take a hit to unhook, or take a hit to get a teammate out. She also has a free pool of corruption which if used properly can easily allow her to snowball. Then if survivors do cleanse she becomes an incredibly powerful ranged killer.

If you believe she is a low tier killer then you've just not met a good Plague, or you yourself don't know how to play her.

• PleassBuiltInNoed

I've had some good experiences with Plaything, but the more I played the game, the better survivors I versed and then it started to be pretty much useless in most games.

And talking about aura reading boon btw, since i started to use none or very few aura reading perks, I got much better with guessing where survivors are. And thanks to agiation I can get to them while doing another objective basically (hooking).

Spirit for me is kinda dead, I played like 2 games vs her, and every single time when in chase I heard exactly where she is coming from. And my headset is pretty bad btw. Playing as her, you feel that survivors really know that you are following them from certain sides. The only situation where she is op is with that addon that reveals location of survivors if they are near.

Nurse honestly was my favourite killer before, I have like 300-350h on her alone, but after the nerf she became super boring. Tripple cooldowns are just not fun, I still can play her decently without addons, but it just feels super bad. You really need the double cooldown addon if you wanna enjoy her.

• PleassBuiltInNoed

Yeah, that is true. I thought of her as low S tier, just because she basically denies the whole healing meta, which makes big impact vs killers that can't deal with that. Even S tier killers can suffer from insanely fast heals, in addition to fast gens.

• THEBLASTOUT
    THEBLASTOUT Member Posts: 55

IDK but I have only escaped one against her

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Max I'd put her in the low A Tier, S Tier is really honestly just Nurse at this point.

• THEBLASTOUT
    THEBLASTOUT Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2021

Nope, but I get a teammate that cleanse everytime he gets infected, and I haven't played to much against her

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Yeah I get those teammates too. Sometimes I won’t cleanse at all which is not too smart but..

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Not S tier, because she still lacks of mobility but she's arguably A tier now.