I'm now a Plague main.

Options
Labrac
Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

She was never a killer that I paid much attention, even though I knew she was underrated. I would play her usually once or twice a week at best, but man is she a blast to play since her buffs. I've been playing her non stop since yesterday and I don't remember the last time I've had so much fun in this game. I played 17 games of Plague since yesterday and only on 3 the survivors completed all generators.

The best thing about her is how she counters a lot of things on the survivor meta. Iron Will, Boons, Medkits and BT (when she has Corrupt Purge) are borderline useless against her.

Her addon variety is also great. She has almost no bad addons, and you can always go for something like Apple addons or Iri Seal + CP duration the counter the stronger teams.

As Otzdarva once said, "Vommy Mommy is unstoppable". I know she's a very unpopular killer (her last pick rate was like the lowest in all killers), but I highly recommend to play her now.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Oh I tried her out yesterday and surprisingly had a blast, though I am not great as her you can really feel her buffs

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    edited November 2021
    Options

I've been playing plague since her buff, and I've had a lot of fun.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Direct counter to boons she will be good until the nerf to her because everyone will start playing her because of said strength.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

She's always been a strong killer that killer mains have always whined that she's weak. It's unfortunately she got a buff, because now everyone is playing her. I wanted her to stay my special little secret.

• Labrac
    Options

I always knew she was strong, but that slowdown after puking and getting a cooldown without vomiting anything made her incredible clunky to play imo.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Yeah she’s very fun to play as and against and I’d love to see more of her.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Hell yeah, welcome to the Vommy Mommy side! We have... gratuitous amounts of vomit. But also really sick cosmetics and sixty seconds of unstoppable power.

Her ability to counter Iron Will and now both boons has always been a really understated benefit of hers, and the recent buffs made her feel much smoother to play - more bang for your buck on infecting objects, survivors get fully infected faster no matter what they do, and none of that slowdown after vomming. All I miss is the old Vile Emetic. The real trick to playing Plague is that you need to be flexible and prepare for cases where the survivors cleanse a lot (where you need to be proactive about using Corrupt Purge, don't wait for the most opportune times and never let survivors wipe your fountains) and when they don't cleanse (so you need to make the one use of your power count, but also be comfortable acting as an M1 killer with no power.) If you can get comfortable with how to react to changing dynamics within a match, you're golden.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

So hopefully killers stop complaining about Boon Totems now, cause she was one of the main killers that i hate along with spirit and pig. Like bubba they remove it where she no longer is slow down when she is readying her vomit and its hella annoying.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449
    Options

What exactly did they buff about her? Like what changed to make her so much better all of a sudden? Was it just the starting with a red fountain or is there more?

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options
  • EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

NOOOOO, *sighs* now I'm gonna try playing plague because people said it's fun and I'm gonna get bullied at high mmr.

Curse you for taunting me with the idea of joy!

Nah definitely gonna have to give her ago now

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

At High MMR, you only have Nurse, Blight and Spirit to rely on. Plague is definitely not a high MMR killer, she's one step below, maybe two. Still really fun and strong.

• Laluzi
    Options

She used to have a very noticeable cooldown after using Vile/Corrupt Purge and now it's nearly unnoticeable. She also finishes charging if you accidentally let go of your power a fraction of the minimum activation threshold short (so you'd occasionally just fail to shoot and instead slow yourself down mid-chase if you didn't have your timing down.) They also made it so that survivors will generally get fully infected faster.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Next patch We noticed plague is way too OP now u get double slowdown but hey here u have 3 skins for her =D

• Labrac
    Options

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll definitely accept the gratuitous amounts of vomit! She definitely has some cute cosmetics, I'm currently using the body from her Rift, the crown from the Blighted cosmetic and the P3 weapon, it makes a very sick combination. I'm looking forward to getting the outfit from the current Rift.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of when to get CP, but man it feels really good to slug an entire team with just one use out of it. She's an unit.

What build do you like on Plague? I'm currently using Corrupt, Deadlock, BBQ and Monitor & Abuse, but I do like to mix it up.

• Labrac
    Options

Before this update she was just like Clown where she slowed down a ton whenever she vomited, now she barely slows down and catches up way faster. She also got an addon pass, and survivors in general get infected way faster.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Add on pass, when charging her vomit it no longer cancels completely when you let go of M2 a bit to early and they removed the move speed penalty when holding in a charge.

Not much of a buff really but a life quality improvement she just feels so much more smooth to play a now.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I agree! She's fun to play as and against. But I don't see her more than before.

• Laluzi
    edited November 2021
    Options

I can't wait to get the new rift outfit! I've been making eyes at it ever since it was announced on the community contest. Good taste - I just bought her blight crown for how awesome it is, but the outfit I'm using is her Crown of Despair, Crimson Robe, and Censer of Expulsion (though the new censer is really nice too.)

I've ended up getting really experimental and memey with my build since I'm in lower MMR right now and Ruin is way too overkill on the survivors I'm getting lately, but before that I was pretty generic - Corrupt (to form a net of infected gens at the start), Ruin, STBFL (just as a comfort perk, it's not especially good on her either way - though she can avoid M1ing the obsession, so there's that), and BBQ. Monitor is pretty good on her; her TR hurts her quite a bit, especially in Corrupt Purge when everyone gets really cautious. Your build's balanced fine, but if you ever wanted to experiment, she's one of the only good users of Blood Echo, which is especially good on teams that don't want to cleanse (and are as a rule more confident in chase.) Thanatophobia's another of those perks that only she and Legion can use effectively, and it's good for encouraging teams to cleanse. And Discordance is a very nice perk for knowing where to attack with Corrupt Purge if you ever want to sub out BBQ.

Grabbing Corrupt isn't a hard and fast rule, but the situations you should definitely go for it are thus:

-You know where several survivors are - gens and unhooks being the big ones.

-The last gen gets popped. You know where survivors are headed, and survivors at this stage are going to be beelining for the nearest clean fountains, so it's not the time to be stingy with your power; you're pretty much guaranteed to have it for the rest of the game.

-Survivors are close to resetting your fountains. You always have to keep an eye on the number of fountains around and make sure it doesn't get too high. If there are infected survivors who can cleanse, just grab the closest fountain (barring ones with amazing locations, save those for later) and go on a rampage.

-When you have several fountains and you're located next to one that's particularly badly placed - like in a zone where all the gens are already done, or against the walls in a swamp map or Dead Dawg. If it would be extremely out of your way to get in normal circumstances, you have better-placed fountains you can access afterwards, and you're right next to it, you may as well pick it up and see if you can harass someone with it. Generally you should never pick up a fountain if you don't know where anyone is, but I've come to consider this one an exception. That said, don't do this to fountains near exit gates - those can be great for eleventh hour plays.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

I used to be a Plague main when she came out but ever since her power was bugged (you puke on survivors and they cough but are never infected) I have been strictly a Michael main.

Do you know if that bug was fixed by chance?

• Laluzi
    Options

Nope. It's the same hit validation issue that you're seeing now with pallets and Dead Hard. Plague was always a window into the future.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

Thanks for letting me know!

I might try her out with her buff, but at least I know what to expect. It’s very annoying to hear them get infected, only to look at their icon and see no infection.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Very underrated. Plus our community of casuals keep foolishly cleansing every chance they get, only to be infected 30-60 seconds later.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited November 2021
    Options

Not only does she counter Boons and Iron Will, I don't think anyone mentioned here that she also counters Empathy and Self-Care. Which I unfortunately still commonly see, even when I'm playing killers I know I'm at a higher MMR with.

Edit: Or did I mean Botany? I don't know, you get what I mean.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583
    Options

I expect soon to hear posts about her being too strong. Just give it some time

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2021
    Options

Just get good and stop qqing about waste of time boon totems, am playing trickster and been wasting these dead hard boon totem survivors since you wanna be a wise ass mouther cause as a survivor main after about 1 week I find how waste of time boon totems are, self care is way prefer over circle by me and ill use good old lockers to counter bbq and not run all the time leaving scratch marks, all old fashion game play makes boons a joke lol. death bound/infectious fright is good and even a expose build like star struck /iron maiden/make your choice with death bound been working miracles for me. Tons of way to counter boon totems but ofc yeah lazyness to explore is bliss. Force them to 2/3 gen which is easy on most maps.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

I might go back and give her a try. Thanks for your post.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    edited November 2021
    Options

The opposite for me. I played Plague a lot 18-20 months ago. Tried her again now and she is not that fun, even if she is pretty decent. I have more fun playing Nemesis and Twins these days when I play killer, which is more or less only doing tome challanges.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

I like her a lot now, too, but only because of the Prayer Fragment Tablet addon. OUtside of that she's still mediocre.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 704
    Options

I've been loving Plague. I would play her a lot before the buffs and she was still strong. The only thing I didn't like was how janky she felt at times but the buff was really nice QOL stuff.

She also forces survivors into making actual decisions and has amazing snowball potential. You either take your chances with CP or stay injured the whole match. Many survivors actually don't listen to the "don't give plague her power" statement. That usually goes horrible for them. Plus I love her aesthetic. I only wish she had more grotesque skins but it seems like we're getting more content for her now.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

She's undeniably good, but I don't care for how she incentivizes slugged. I don't ever slug if I can help it, but it's optimal for her.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Her red puke refuses to hit people since the update, but besides that she's really good.

• Labrac
    Options

That's definitely a lot of tips, thanks a lot!!!

I'll be sure to give Blood Echo a try, it seems good to counter Dead Hard (another meta perk that Plague seems to deal with). Thanatophobia seems dirty as well, I'll probably try it paired Dying Light.

I usually like to grab CP whenever I have at least two survivors fully infected, or when I know they are close to resetting the fountains. I'll try to pay more attention on where fountains are located, that seems helpful especially on Swamp maps.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

yep. She is an M1 walking killer and requires survivors to slip up or a good map and survivors to slip up.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,604
    edited November 2021
    Options

I main plague before the patch and she feels so good now, in fact she feels so good that we can expect one of the changes reverted back.

I had the same feeling when they buffed Wraith and they reverted back the speed boost after uncloaking eventually.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352
    Options

inb4 "We have noticed that The Plague has become a little too OvErPeRfOrMiNg" dev post

• Laluzi
    Options

I really hope not. But I don't think Plague gets played enough for that to happen. Wraith got so much hate because everybody has him, including newer players who went against newer survivors that had zero idea what to do against him and screamed endlessly when he'd uncloak right behind them, they'd run in a dead area because they hadn't noticed him early enough to position themselves well (if they even knew what obstacles they could use to hinder him), and get hit instantly.

Plague is way harder to use than Wraith - whether he's good or bad, Wraith is one of the simplest killers around and it doesn't take experience to use him effectively.

But maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist. The obvious answer is to nerf Pig.