whats your experience with the latest HATCH update?

Just wondering if its me or does everyone have the same experience?

I have not seen 1 single hatch escape in my survivor and killer games the past 10 days.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im okay with its current state.

But I miss the feeling of me and a random teammate searching for Hatch in dark corridors Lery, then hold my breath hiding is small corner when TR coming. I just really like immersive gameplay.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have used it a few times (like literally 3). My sister got a clutch hatch escape after I hook traded for her on Saloon.

As killer? Yeah, I do not think anyone has escaped via hatch against me yet.

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

It's great. Survivors don't abuse it and don't trade 1 survivor anymore to 3 man escape. And even more they now play around gens and not rat wintrading each other.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

I completely forgot that only one person can escape through hatch now. Awesome. Haven't seen one hatch escape or some swf ditching me for the hatch. feels good.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I've escaped though it a few times and I've had two Survivors slip through it ever since the change. Mostly, I just find the games more enjoyable in general because the pressure of people escaping because they slammed a few gens is gone and so is the ol' SoloQ experience of two dudes just checking out, leaving someone behind.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,897

Yeah, I am a big fan of the new system. As a survivor, having a 3-4 person hatch escape just felt dirty, not just to the killer but any survivor who didn't know or make it through (not to mention that feeling of getting abandoned in solo queue). As a killer, I hated that feeling where the survivor team got just enough gens done and then stopped playing and started creeping around looking for hatch, and then just disappearing. One of my favorite new changes.

I haven't heard to many people complain about the new hatch/key setup, but if they wanted we could also go back to the days of the no-hook moris.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

As a killer it's a little irritating that I can't prepare for the endgame by finding the hatch when I play really well, it really just comes down to luck or slugging for the 4k.

On the other hand, it's so much nicer to not have to watch lobbies like a hawk for keys hidden behind peoples hips because they 100% demand the game is played differently and ultimately ruin it for the killer.

Net positive.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I appreciate how the hatch works now, but I feel like they need to find a new use for keys. Their add-ons can still be useful, but the stars have to align in order for the base item itself to be of any use.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

i think its a bit overnerfed, i miss the plays where i make myself a juicy target for the killer so my team can escape through the gates while i take the killer to the hatch. i feel like if 1 key only let 1 survivor escape would have been enough of a nerf already

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Perfect.

Nobody knows where the hatch is until it is in play and survivors try to get the gens done instead of sitting in a corner waiting for the other to die.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

much better experience. Survivors don't hide anymore and actually unhook me.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    edited November 2021

Better than before but imo the hatch still should be deleted. I still don't know why the last survivor needs not only one but TWO chances of escaping (hatch and gates). Sometimes it's incredible annoying when a game lasts like 12 minutes and 5 of them are just searching for hatch + patrolling gates. Killing the third survivor should instantly power the gates and that's it.

• R2k

So they don't give up after u 1k someone on 3-4 gens. Like what's the point to play if u understand u won't repair gen and it's a loss game?

• Nathan13

the hatch was is here to end the match. If there was one survivor left with gens to repair they probably would just hide forever.

• Labrac

As I said, killing the third survivor should just power the gates instantly. That or closing the hatch should instantly sacrifice the last survivor. I just find it obnoxious that we need TWO mechanics for the last survivor, not because I desperately need the 4k, but because it's too time consuming.

• Nathan13

It can be frustrating when the exit gates are far away.

• R2k
    edited November 2021

Try to play survivor. Once u get few games where someone Dc or suicide early on u will understand how boring it is and hatch is only thing that stops u from immediately suicide on killer or afk whole game.

• Labrac

I play both sides. Again, I don't want the last survivor to have no chance of escaping. I just want either the hatch or the gates mechanic removed because it's too time consuming, one of them can still stay.

• R2k

U remove one of them and survivors won't play against u.

Let's make an example. Random map. U killed survivor on 4 gen, killed another one on 3 gen. Two remaining survivors know they can't escape and can't repair 3 gens. Now u remove hatch as a mechanic. Why should I play the game after u 2K my teammates?

• Labrac

I kill your other teammate and the gates are instantly powered. Depending on their spawns you can still easily get a clutch escape.

• R2k

And if I'm unlucky i can keep afk cause result is same.

• Labrac

It doesn't change much from what we have now. The killer has way more advantages in finding the hatch than you (moves faster, can still down you before you find it), it would just take way less time, and everybody could move on faster to the next game.

• R2k

Currently u can set up yourself. U can try to find items, look for gates, hide or go for hatch with killer.

Without it, Killer doesn't get distracted and immediately secures gates. Unless I want to end game fast there's no point in coming out so I would waste your time even more.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

was fun sneaking together with randoms to find hatch. but there are too many times where randoms have just straight up abandoned me, sooo i kinda like the change ig

• Labrac

A lot of maps have insanely good gate spawns (indoor maps, swamp, red forest) and unless the killer has Whispers or No Way Out it's an easy escape. They could even make a change so gates never spawn in direct line of sight to each other.

Even if you hide the entire EGC duration, that's only 2 minutes, way better than the time we waste now.

• R2k

It's not better. Currently it's very rare u find someone this sneaky cause players usually search for hatch. So it takes u less than 1 min to decide who is going to win.

In your example survivors most likely waste your 2 min while going for cup of tea or something else while u search them.

I don't think it's healthy change.

• Labrac

You're talking about a very specific situation (closing the hatch while knowing where the last survivor is). Even if you find the hatch, most of the time you still haven't found the last survivor, at least from my experience. You're being way too generous on this less than 1 minute timing, unless it's a really small map it usually takes way longer than that to find it, especially now that nobody knows where it will spawn.

With the change I propose it would just waste 2 minutes at max no matter the match, instead of the potential 5+ we have now.

• R2k

I don't know about way longer. From my experience it is very easy to find one. Just go opposite direction and based on killer TR u know where he checked for hatch

Like my last game it took me like 20-30sec to find it on Azarov. I even drop a pallet and started vaulting to get killer attention to show him hatch. Sad he killed me for this 🤦‍♂️

• Labrac

Azarov's is a very open map though. What about Mother's Dwelling, Lery's, RCPD, Haddonfield, Badham? These maps have infinite hatch spawns.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ve had a couple of survivors escape me via hatch. It’s just a matter of whether or not they find it before me. (I don’t bother slugging the third survivor to go hunting around for the fourth, that just seems like a waste of time honestly. If the last guy finds the hatch before me then so be it.)

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

It started out mostly bad for me where the killer seem to find it 90% of the time before i do in solo bases as soon as the third died lol, however the way I play hatch is really to find the exit gate that is as far as possible and hope the exit gate is not close by the hatch and wait till they close it to escape. I dont mind the nerf on hatch because it is was good because of the 2 person left where ofc that one person is waiting on the other to die so they can have it.

On the key bases though I still to this day dont even bring them but I hear of a 2.5 sec to reopen hatch if killer find it and that is the only change I dont think that is needed. Yesterday did got 3 lucky hatch escapes, the most panic one was vs a trapper at haddon and i step on a trap thank god I escape on one attempt lol. Left behind/clairyonce comes handy at times to find hatch in those dark type map. I just wish for one thing and that exits do not spawn so close to each other IF they is going to remove the hatch.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Survivors are still hiding to wait for hatch.