Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

As a survivor, whats the point of using Cursed Seed instead...anything mostly

Zboard
Zboard Member Posts: 88
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Since if you dont actually pop the gen, others get the points...meanwhile you cry in the hook

Comments

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

It's pointless on both sides. If you take those offerings that give you 25% extra points it's more valuable than the seeds.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I'm using them mostly just to get rid of them. On killer, I specifically seek them out to use but on survivor, if I have one, cool if not, whatever.

They're basically useless for a survivor. They're a bigger offering for the killer you're playing with than they are for you as the survivor using it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Pretty much only really useful for the archive challenges involving hooks/gens..

though I had some matches where I got plenty of points due to them.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

For the archive challenges. Those take forever even when a bunch of people bring seeds, so the more the merrier.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

The point is just to be nice to other people who might pop that gen or need the archive challenge, to enjoy the event, have fun. I know, a very alien concept in this game.

• Isn't the BP from the event gens extra? On top of what you're getting from the trial?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,204
    edited November 2021

Because the seeds can only be used for four more days but your escape cakes and party streamers can be saved for later.

Also, the event bloodpoints are applied in game, which means you can exceed the 32k cap and get additional multipliers on top of that.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,139

Yeah, but in the Lunar New Year event everyone still on the map got the points when an event gen popped (and they were all event gens). That was the nice way to do it. This Halloween event has encouraged griefing as survivors get upset if there's no free spot open on an event gen. It's poor gameplay design.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

If everyone uses them, you'll probably manage to pop a tangled gen or two.

Otherwise... yeah. I hope the next time they do this, it's more like the lunar new year event.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,297

I only used them to get the holiday rift cosmetics and now they're going to collect dust.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

They're only really useful for the Halloween tome challenges. Other than that, they're useless.