Proximity chat why is that not a thing

2»

Comments

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Proximity Chat would be the best thing in this game, everyone by some amount knows simple English. the language barrier will be there when people VPN.

This will resolve a lot of balancing and maybe buff killer around it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2021

Huh? Explain how?

I played Friday the 13th and not everyone used voice. I muted those "annoying" players, and still did well.

Also, how exactly am I being bullied and shamed if I can't hear them? Simply put, I do not care if they feel some way about it, I'll do what I want. Whether it's using voice or choosing not to.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

The great competitive games out there didn't exclude a voice chat for the few people not speaking English.

• Ussu
    Ussu Member Posts: 177

Swf is already at an advantage over killer. Don't need no swf proximity chat to boot.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

A valid complaint for those in the US region. For others such as EU and AS, it would be awful with the language barriers.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Also even though I'm usually well behaved I don't think you'd want proximity chat with me because I might say something spur of the moment and you'll never come to unhook me later.

I'm sure there's a lot of people like that too.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

i dont want to see a chat IG why ?

1: i dont want to have a kid shouting in my ears ( insults or others)

2: i m not very good at english, i understand it i can speak but maybe you wont understand me XD , and in EU not everyone speak english. if you do that you must make servers in every countries.

in fact it could work for NA but not for the rest of the world.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Proximity chat would be super toxic in this game, like in many other games. I'm ok with either decision, but I know it won't be pretty, and yet another thing they would require moderation yet will lack it. Do they even punish text chat abusers?