The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Merge ranks

popoles
popoles Member Posts: 831
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
I propose this:
Ranks 20 -15 will be only one, a "Bronze Rank*".
Ranks 14 -8 will be only a "Gold Rank*".
Ranks 7-1 will be only a "Diamond Rank*".

And:
Don't do rank resets.

Each rank will have its own "Levels*" that you go through with pips.
Bronze Rank:
Has 2 levels, each has 4 pips to complete.
Golden Rank:
Has 3 levels, each has 5 pips to complete.
Diamond Rank:
Has only one level, to maintain it. (You can have up to 4-5 pips to make sure you won't de-rank after one bad match.)

Make it harder to get pips. You can now get to the higher ranks if you play enough.

Also, if you will ever reach the Diamond Rank, you can NEVER go back to the Bronze Rank. (To prevent noob stomping.)
Reason?
Because right now higher ranks have almost all survivors/killers at the same level of experience.

*Can't think of some other name for it, feel free to change it.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

So you are telling me when you reach diamond with tryharding as nurse, you will only get rekt with the unviable killers aftewards?
    Seems like bad design unless you give each killer his own rating

• popoles
    @Master
    My proposal would work if the game was more balanced, I can agree on this.
    BUT, I made this to prevent noob stomping and to prevent long queue times, as the ranks 20 -15 are almost dead at the end of the month, because you can't derank to them.
  • popoles
    @Dudddd
    Care to leave some constructive feedback?
    If the answer is "no", please leave and have a nice day. Thank you.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    popoles said:
    I propose this:
    Ranks 20 -15 will be only one, a "Bronze Rank*".
    Ranks 14 -8 will be only a "Gold Rank*".
    Ranks 7-1 will be only a "Diamond Rank*".

And:
    Don't do rank resets.

Each rank will have its own "Levels*" that you go through with pips.
    Bronze Rank:
    Has 2 levels, each has 4 pips to complete.
    Golden Rank:
    Has 3 levels, each has 5 pips to complete.
    Diamond Rank:
    Has only one level, to maintain it. (You can have up to 4-5 pips to make sure you won't de-rank after one bad match.)

Make it harder to get pips. You can now get to the higher ranks if you play enough.

Also, if you will ever reach the Diamond Rank, you can NEVER go back to the Bronze Rank. (To prevent noob stomping.)
    Reason?
    Because right now higher ranks have almost all survivors/killers at the same level of experience.

*Can't think of some other name for it, feel free to change it.
    I like this system, however I will suggest something to add more variety if you don't mind. There should be one more league since I feel like 3 leagues isn't enough for the Dead by Daylight community. So, what do you think of this @popoles?

Bronze Rank: 20-16

Has two levels with 5 pips needed to proceed to the next level.

Monthly Rewards: None

Sliver Rank: 15-11

Has three levels with 5 pips needed to proceed to the next level.

Monthly Rewards: 500 Iridescent Shards and 100,000 BP (BP reward will ignore the BP cap)

Gold Rank: 10-2

Has three levels with 10 pips needed to proceed to the next level.

Monthly Rewards: 1,500 Iridescent Shards and 500,000 BP (BP reward will ignore the BP cap)

Iridescent Rank: 1

Must play at least 5 games a week to stay at this rank or else get demoted to gold rank. Can only depip twice in every 10 games, depiping more often than what's said above will result in a demotion.

Monthly Rewards: 2,500 Iridescent Shards and 1,000,000 BP (BP reward will ignore the BP cap)
    Bonus: 10% chance to receive 100 Auric Cells.