Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A VHS post what is not off-topic: Why VHS is the best thing ever to happen to this game.

I think it is, because, just think about it. Without competition devs will not give a flying ######### about the community needs, just their pockets.

With competition they really need to satisfy community, not with cheap and easy bloodhunt events, but real effort to make their game enjoyable to everyone, other way the community will go to the competition game and let poor devs pocket empty.

I think VHS is the only hope to BHVR to survive the next years, because without it they will not be forced to focus anythink else but their greed for money. Without competition this game will be on the way of dying slowly but steadily, but with competition, there is hope.

So, all thing considered, i can say: GOGO VHS, GOGO BHVR!

Good luck devs, i never thought for years that there is hope, but there is! Maybe DbD will be as much enjoyable as in the old times!

Comments

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

One thing I keep seeing is people making comparison between the 2. Some comparisons are just so stupid they can't be compared like this game has a lot more killers and licensed characters and VHS doesn't....

I really want to see others make comparisons between the 2 when DBD was first released not current DBD.

From what I've seen so far VHS has a much stronger foundation for potential. Old DBD has some horrible problems on release, true infinites, no EGC so survivors can hold game hostage, old hatch stand offs, things were so dark blendetts were pretty much invisible. VHS is still brand new so I can't give it much other than the stronger foundation.

Hell current DBD foundation is still hot garbage, bugs every patch, cheaters, DDoS attacks, crashes, etc, etc. And the devs that holds the authority would rather push out new broken content instead of quality of life fixes this game needs. I hate to see this game die out but when it does I would care less.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021

Or they run in parralel, the games are not that similar.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2021

Its not that its similar, its that its currently its sole competitor while the game is in a notoriously awful state. VHS is going to be Free to Play, so players of DBD will most likely say "Nothing to lose", install, and just go "VHS is way better than DBD and I think I'm sticking with it". Its not about strict similarities, its about competition in a genre. DBD is in too bad of a state at the moment where either VHS fails, they fix DBD and people play both, or they fix nothing and they lose a significant portion of players to VHS.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited November 2021

Competition is a good thing. It pushes people/things to do better. To adapt. To evolve. Without that drive there's just stagnation.

Which is why I dont believe in participation trophies.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

I'm all for the competition but it feels like people are overhyping VHS. I watched some gameplay and I don't really see the appeal outside of it being free to play but I hope that changes after giving it go. I never thought I'd enjoy DBD as much as I do so who knows.

Honestly though, I'm more excited for the DBZ game and Propnight.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I know people say there different things, but they play almost the same hold m1 with some skill checks and running from the killer, instead of pallets u got guns.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

VHS probably isnt going to be as big of a deal as people think

From an outsiders perspective they just see DbD has Halloween, SAW, etc, and VHS has none of that

VHS is gonna need to get a big license early on if it wants to stand up to DbD, how ever I dont think its gonna happen since BHVR was already a thing before DbD, Hellbent I dont think has anything other than VHS

They really need to play their cards right and perfectly if they want VHS to work