WHAT DID THE SURVIVES DO TO GET STUCK IN A CONSTANT LOOP OF MURDER AND DEATH?

Options
THE_HOOMAN_CHILD
THE_HOOMAN_CHILD Member Posts: 3

Does the killer choose who to take with them? Is it just random ?Or is it much more sinister ?!!

Comments

• SamSkywalker
    SamSkywalker Member Posts: 5
    Options

I'm new here , but here's my observation :

• Survivors are all experts in surviving fields , Trap detector , Running , Leading , Healing , Bill ( l4d ), etc . These survivors are able to survive in a normal circumstances .
    • Killers are in contrast , they are all merciless killers .
    • Together , they form an trial of the best survivors and the best killers , who will prevail ? That's the point of the Entity .
    • So i don't think Killers get to choose who to take it with them , and i'm not sure if it's a loop of murder and death ? Or when they escape , they escape ? Need to clarify on this though xD
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:
    Does the killer choose who to take with them? Is it just random ?Or is it much more sinister ?!!

They were dreamed up by employees at BHVR.

• rj1567
    rj1567 Member Posts: 50
    Options

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

They were just in places were the Entity has a strong connection to their world and were taken by the entity. The entity doesn't really care who it takes as survivor

• rj1567
    Options

@SamSkywalker said:
    I'm new here , but here's my observation :

• Survivors are all experts in surviving fields , Trap detector , Running , Leading , Healing , Bill ( l4d ), etc . These survivors are able to survive in a normal circumstances .
    • Killers are in contrast , they are all merciless killers .
    • Together , they form an trial of the best survivors and the best killers , who will prevail ? That's the point of the Entity .
    • So i don't think Killers get to choose who to take it with them , and i'm not sure if it's a loop of murder and death ? Or when they escape , they escape ? Need to clarify on this though xD

Survivors are no experts they were just normal people that either learned how to survive in the entitys world are had some little knowledge before they were taken but they were no experts.
    The reason the Entity lets Survivors try to escape is as the Entity feeds of of emotions especially of hope and every sacrifice is a "meal" for the entity.
    When Survivors espace they just escaped this trial but are still stuck in the Entitys world and wait until their next trial.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Wrong place, wrong time. That's all.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    They all recorded videos vertically.
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    They all recorded videos vertically.

They all brought 11 or more items into the 10 Items or Less lane.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

They are hopeful too.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    They used all caps in their forum thread title that’s how. You’re next mate. 
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Nothing really. They really just wandered into the wrong part of the woods. Seriously that is all that happened
  • Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options
    Nothing really. They really just wandered into the wrong part of the woods. Seriously that is all that happened
    That’s a bit wrong. Devs have described it as “Wrong place, wrong time.”
  • BingBongBoi
    BingBongBoi Member Posts: 90
    Options

What did the killer do to get stuck in a loop of debris and pallets?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

They had their dog poo all over their neighbors yard

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

They had their dog poo all over their neighbors yard

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91
    Options

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

Not a loop, actually. If you die the entity takes you to the Void, where you sit there since it has no further purpose for you, you have given all your hope. If you survive, you return to the campfire and wait for your next trial. The loop only occurs if you survive.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

Not a loop, actually. If you die the entity takes you to the Void, where you sit there since it has no further purpose for you, you have given all your hope. If you survive, you return to the campfire and wait for your next trial. The loop only occurs if you survive.

Wrong. If you die, you go back to the campfire. If you survive, you go back to the campfire. If you become desensitized and stop having strong emotional reactions She can feed on, then you go to the Void.

• AnthonyC2014
    Options

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

Wrong. If you die, you go back to the campfire. If you survive, you go back to the campfire. If you become desensitized and stop having strong emotional reactions She can feed on, then you go to the Void.

The official wiki says they only return upon escape, and judging on the fact that the survivors all the sudden stop struggling, it kind of seems like they've given up hope. Quote.
    "It is a place to which the Survivors return upon escape, awaiting their next trial."
    I may be wrong about that part, and you may return the the Campfire when you die.
    Also, Moris support the fact that when you are hooked you are put in the void and the emotions are sucked out of you, since the entity rewards the killer less if they outright kill the survivor, and if you are killed, how are you supposed to return to the campfire afterwards?
    The only other piece of evidence I can think of right now is the old intro.
    Almost every survivor gets hooked.
    The protagonist of the intro runs through the area, and she sees one survivor who seems to be resembling Jake, or maybe Dwight, trapped in a trap, Protagonist leaves him behind and runs into the basement where we see someone who could be a different version of Claudette? The protagonist herself seems to be based off of Meg. She hides in the locker and the killer finds her. This heavily implies she was hooked since no one had Decisive Strike at the same and there were hooks less than 5 meters away. The other guy? Like a trapper would leave a free meal out to dry, he got hooked and that's how Meg was able to even have a moment to find the basement. The person on the hook... That's kind of obvious.
    Sorry if this is a bit of a stretch, but I think all 3 of these survivors were killed and the other survivor may have been Vigo or Benedict Baker and escaped (Benedict because he literally says he's escaped through the hatch in a journal entry) via the hatch. The reason I was relating them all to our current original 3 survivors was because of the fact that they might have been the ones who taught our Original 4 how to use certain perks.
    Benedict or Vigo could substitute for Dwight (Both seem to be somewhat team players), which means they taught Dwight the skill Leader before disappearing to another realm, or possibly getting caught in their own trial and going into the Void, the latter being more likely considering Benedict seems to be losing most of his hope to escape the trial, but Vigo seems to be more likely to have disappeared somewhere else considering it's probably him in the Hallowed Blight, or that could be Benedict again.
    The protagonist is obviously based off Meg, she runs practically everywhere and seems to display Sprint Burst at the start of the chase.
    The woman on the hook appears to have some sort of knowledge based on just general appearance.
    The man who got trapped could be Jake since he displays signs of Iron Will (He barely screams).
    Possibly these people were older survivors who got sacrificed and put in the void and the person who isn't seem escaped via hatch like I said before. Maybe they taught the teachable perks to the original 4 survivors?
    Update on original post:
    After reading through Wiki looking for more evidence that when you die you get put in the Void, I found out that the Entity doesn't care about the killers too much either. It even tries to anger the killer by placing Pallets, taking Laurie even though she has Decisive Strike, and splitting the hooks apart so the survivor has hope to escape and the killer is enraged by their constant wiggling.
    The offerings support this theory as well, if they give him a certain offering, he will put Survivors at an advantage, making them feel hopeful that they can possibly escape.
    Just a theory ;)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

They teabagged The Entity

• rj1567
    Options

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

The official wiki says they only return upon escape, and judging on the fact that the survivors all the sudden stop struggling, it kind of seems like they've given up hope. Quote.
    "It is a place to which the Survivors return upon escape, awaiting their next trial."
    I may be wrong about that part, and you may return the the Campfire when you die.
    Also, Moris support the fact that when you are hooked you are put in the void and the emotions are sucked out of you, since the entity rewards the killer less if they outright kill the survivor, and if you are killed, how are you supposed to return to the campfire afterwards?
    The protagonist of the intro runs through the area, and she sees one survivor who seems to be resembling Jake, or maybe Dwight, trapped in a trap, Protagonist leaves him behind and runs into the basement where we see someone who could be a different version of Claudette? The protagonist herself seems to be based off of Meg. She hides in the locker and the killer finds her. This heavily implies she was hooked since no one had Decisive Strike at the same and there were hooks less than 5 meters away. The other guy? Like a trapper would leave a free meal out to dry, he got hooked and that's how Meg was able to even have a moment to find the basement. The person on the hook... That's kind of obvious.
    Sorry if this is a bit of a stretch, but I think all 3 of these survivors were killed and the other survivor may have been Vigo or Benedict Baker and escaped (Benedict because he literally says he's escaped through the hatch in a journal entry) via the hatch. The reason I was relating them all to our current original 3 survivors was because of the fact that they might have been the ones who taught our Original 4 how to use certain perks.
    Benedict or Vigo could substitute for Dwight (Both seem to be somewhat team players), which means they taught Dwight the skill Leader before disappearing to another realm, or possibly getting caught in their own trial and going into the Void, the latter being more likely considering Benedict seems to be losing most of his hope to escape the trial, but Vigo seems to be more likely to have disappeared somewhere else considering it's probably him in the Hallowed Blight, or that could be Benedict again.
    The protagonist is obviously based off Meg, she runs practically everywhere and seems to display Sprint Burst at the start of the chase.
    The woman on the hook appears to have some sort of knowledge based on just general appearance.
    The man who got trapped could be Jake since he displays signs of Iron Will (He barely screams).
    Possibly these people were older survivors who got sacrificed and put in the void and the person who isn't seem escaped via hatch like I said before. Maybe they taught the teachable perks to the original 4 survivors?
    Update on original post:
    After reading through Wiki looking for more evidence that when you die you get put in the Void, I found out that the Entity doesn't care about the killers too much either. It even tries to anger the killer by placing Pallets, taking Laurie even though she has Decisive Strike, and splitting the hooks apart so the survivor has hope to escape and the killer is enraged by their constant wiggling.
    The offerings support this theory as well, if they give him a certain offering, he will put Survivors at an advantage, making them feel hopeful that they can possibly escape.
    Just a theory ;)

There is one quote of Benedict Baker in his journal that proves the whole if you die you don't die forever but return to the campfire theory "With each "death" I feel myself weaken, a little piece of my soul devoured by the darkness before I awake." To your question of how would people return if they are moried/die on the hook it is probably like this: If they die their vision is fading black and they awake at the campfire as if they had slept.

• AnthonyC2014
    Options

@rj1567 said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@Orion said:

@AnthonyC2014 said:

@THE_HOOMAN_CHILD said:

Update on original post:
    Just a theory ;)

There is one quote of Benedict Baker in his journal that proves the whole if you die you don't die forever but return to the campfire theory "With each "death" I feel myself weaken, a little piece of my soul devoured by the darkness before I awake." To your question of how would people return if they are moried/die on the hook it is probably like this: If they die their vision is fading black and they awake at the campfire as if they had slept.

Thanks for the correction, I'll try to look into more of the diary entries. But yeah, after a certain amount of deaths the survivor might still just be slapped in Da Void, considering he said "a little piece of my soul devoured by the darkness."

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

They probably bullied a fat kid with epilepsy.

• Pierre
    Pierre Member Posts: 31
    Options

It's just luck on who gets taken and who doesn't.