Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Adept killer is so stupid

Why do you need "merciless" when you get an easy 4k, which is theoretically a win, and as survivor you just need to escape without doing anything :(.

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

It's way easier now. Just wait for reset.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I agree. Even tho it's easier now with, I still think you should get it by getting a 4K and not a merciless

• lavars
    lavars Member Posts: 312

I literally have to give them multiple chances for the archievment and risk to lose or not get it, when i only get 3k.

On survivor it's so much easier, i did like 6 in one hour

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133

I tried for ages to get it on artist but always the chaser emblem let me down. It was the same with trapper, strings of 4k games but always chaser emblem was gold. I'm just going to wait for rank reset, hopefully that will help.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I still think they should change it from merciless to just a 4k, with disconnects counting as kills.

• lavars

mhh That's not my point.

I like that achievement actually need some skill, my question is just why it isn't equally fair. To get a 4k isn't always possible. And there's a reason why Adept isn't played much on the killer side.

luckily I'm not even close to high MMR, but it still is weird how a 4K isn't a "win". Especially if it's a killer like Nurse, that needs the skill to be even useful. And with every try, my MMR will rise, which means it gets harder and harder

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

uhm

the achievement literally asks for a merciless victory and NOT a win.

i don’t see why they have to be equally easy for survivors and killers. It’s not like survivor players get the killer adepts any easier. It’s an asymmetric game. These are just optional achievements you can easily ignore.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

True. It's still questionable why a killer would have to do a perfect 2 pip game while locker Dwight can escape with a depip. Btw Ive had the worst experience with Blight and Trickster at Rank 1 (before sbmm and after their release) I'll never forget that XD Old Blight was so clunky to play and Trickster is... well... u know him :'D

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited December 2021

Because once upon time a 4k equaled merciless.

Then, with the introduction of emblems, they changed the meaning (i.e. requirements) of merciless, while adept remained based on achieving the latter in the wording of the achievement.

The best way to get the adept is to go for it at grade reset. You need lesser emblems for a merciless at ash grade.

And no, it's unlikely they will change the achievement in the future because they stated it's too much of a pita to do so on console.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Yeah, I have done everyone (except killers after SBMM) in red ranks, for me worst was Oni - chaser emblem was so annoying to get. Pig was hard too. Trickster was annoying at start, because it wasn't counting his knives for emblems.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

Anyone can slimeball their way to a 4k.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    edited December 2021

Here comes the comment that sees this "from the other side".

Why is it so easy for killers to get the anniversary crowns, they just need to collect them. Whereas the survivors needs to escape with them.

• lavars

That is stupid indeed. It would be nice if they had done that you need a 4k. But 'eh what do you expect.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,367

I did finally get Adept Artist, but yeah. That was a lot of my problem too... I downed the survivors too quickly, or one match I got 8 hooks because I only was able to hook the Meg once since she DCed when I downed her the second time, and then Steve got the hatch. So a 2K with a DC... I would have had it if the Meg hadn't gotten salty that I downed her with a crow.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

For now just do it after grade reset, as you have an easier time getting Merciless at ash grade than higher ones. Pretty sure at ash you need 14/16 emblem points? Which is way more forgiving than you might think compared harsher requirements.

I don't understand why there's still increasing emblem requirements under the grade system anyway though. Honestly doesn't make that much sense as it's in no way rank anymore.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I agree, 4k should be enough.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,530

It used to be way easier back in the day, but it got worse and worse every time the ranking system received a change.

In theory it should be slightly easier now, but there isn't really a way of knowing.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Killer adepts are no where near as easy as Survivor adepts.

This is the main critique I have.