The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Falsely accused of hacking…

So today I was playing with my friend on PlayStation and one other on PC today and 2 of our matches we came across this Dwight who was hacking without making it look obvious to the killer. Whenever me or my friends got downed by the killer the Dwight would shine his flashlight from across the map without the killer seeing him and would instantly save us from the killer and he would also heal us instantly and instantly finish gens.

After the match the killer starting accusing us but my friend who was on PC said it was the Dwight but the killer left before my friend could tell him.

And then 2/3 games later we came across another Dwight (who obviously changed his name and cosmetic) and he was doing the same thing again. And I when I got downed I got instantly saved when no one was around and then the killer disconnected and started to blame me for hacking even though I’m on console and the Dwight started to agree with him and my friend on PC was trying to tell the killer that it’s impossible to hack on console. We did report the Dwight but since then he’s changed his name on Steam. I just don’t want to get wrongfully accused of hacking. Hopefully a Mod or a Community member could respond, many thanks!

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

They'd have to have 100% proof it was you for you to get banned, if even.

I've had the same thing happen to me with this other survivor insta healing everyone, while not near me at all.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864
    edited December 2021

You’ll probably be fine. I’m not an expert at this stuff but usually it’s easy to tell if you do cheat or not because they need actual legit video evidence. Also as you said, you can’t cheat on console.

I’ll tag some mods so they can give you a better answer but I don’t think they work on Sundays so it might take a day for you to get a legitimate answer.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,019
    edited December 2021

As mentioned, bans for things like cheating or hacking are never issued without evidence; it is not done on an in-game report alone. The ACMs always require evidence of the rule break, and does not issue a ban when evidence is not present. So long as a player is playing by the in-game rules (as it sounds like you and your friends were doing), there is no need to worry.

If you run into this player again that you mentioned, or any other player you believe are hacking/cheating (or breaking other in-game rules), record video of the match, report them in-game (required), and submit a ticket to Support with the video evidence of the match: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/

For more information on the Game Rules and Report process, you can find them here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

• NatzAshe
    NatzAshe Member Posts: 95

BHVR is not very diligent on catching hackers, even blatant hackers like Pigs with insta-trap+detonate or Dwight with 2x speed are loose for quite a time before being banned. If you didn't actually hack, it's fine

• BxingRouge
    BxingRouge Member Posts: 7

Yeah the Dwight who was hacking was like: “I have video proof of your friend hacking stop trying to defend your friend he’s probably playing on the Microsoft store version,” even though I’m on PS5 lol

• Ginger_ninja493
    Ginger_ninja493 Member Posts: 63

This happened to me very recently. I was playing Meg on the game vs the artist. Every time I would get injured I was being healed with no survivor nearby and I got accused of hacking even though I'm on xbox and have no clue or idea how to hack on xbox. I'm really worried I'm going to be banned because of someone else hacking.