How I see horror movies after playing DBD..

aknitus
aknitus Member Posts: 124
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Quite a lot of good horror movies out there that can give you a good scare. However after playing DBD, all I can think of while watching horror movies is "(insert swear) killer! You have not met the DBD survivors or we would DS the crap outta you. Not to mention Dead Hard and our other super powers we happen to mention as perks". :P

Comments

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    edited December 2021

I watched Hellbound: Hellraiser II again recently and thought two things related to the game. Pinhead doesn't feel gory or scary in DbD; would be so cool to have Open/Deep Throat skin. Also maybe make the hooks have bits of flesh and blood stuck on it.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I politely disagree. I really appreciate that DBD is macabre and gruesome without being a gorefest.

if RBTs acted like they did in the movies, for example, I wouldn't be able to play against pig ever.

I really hope the game never gets gorier than Ceno's Mori.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

Yeah. It's unique and scary when it's new, but it's also something you can get used to without desensitizing yourself to gore in an unhealthy way.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    edited December 2021

I guess it is something you learn to appreciate, the work that goes into creating such visual effects (more so with older films using practical effects). I am still squeamish about a lot of things but when you see real life body horror it is nothing like a gory film or game and the latter cannot desensitise or even prepare you for it. One could argue desensitisation exists with video game gun violence, and we know this is false despite attempts to link the two.