Anyone else feel like they are falling asleep reading the observers lore

Options
slendermansmoom
slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

i was recently looking at all the lore's and they are all cool and interesting....... except observers. idk why but when i read his tome lore i feel like It's not the most interesting compared to the killer/survivor lore

i feel like making non playable characters have lore isn't going to interest anyone because why read about somebody that doesn't even show their face

im hoping they make his lore more eye catching because right now it's just kinda him recapping the others lore or he is just talking about him climbing up stairs to the tower

what i think would be interesting would be more talk of the entity and the reason behind everyone's kidnapping to the realm. or how some survivors and killers seem to be taken from other dimensions and timelines

idk maybe im as crazy as a madness level 3 ash but im open to ideas and thoughts on this. we do have a new tome and rift in about 3 weeks so maybe then we will have more cool stories from the fog.

thank you for your time

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yeah, I don't really care about the Observer's lore. It just seems like a bunch of random stories put together.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,871
    Options

That is how I feel about dbd's storyline in general.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Honestly, I think its interesting to see it come together slowly. Although overall it is a bunch of ministries about the different characters. I hope it expands more on a focused storyline, or how things interconnect.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I have the same feeling, I was hoping we could get some in realm lore, like survivors perceptions of the trials and etc, not some random people.

• Mysterioso
    Mysterioso Member Posts: 79
    Options

Hello fellow Claudette player, I sadly have to disagree with you about the Observers Lore being boring as it gives us sort of an insight into the Entity's world and the people involving themself with him. I myself find him extremely fascinating to read about and like his lore a lot even if he isn't a playable character. IMO, even background characters could use lore!

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,468
    edited March 2022
    Options

IMO the observer entries are the best one in all of the tomes, even better than most- if not all of the Killer and Survivor focused entries.

Also the reason for why the entity is taking all of the survivors and killers to it's realm has already been told, it's to use them to feed and sustain itself from the sacrifices that is generated within the trials themselves.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,260
    Options

Where is something to read?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,211
    Options

I agree, the only reason we have tome entries is because the observer keeps them, so it's not like his story is ever going to go anywhere.

He can't escape the realm or the tomes would end, so what's the point in listening to him whine about being trapped tome after tome.

• WinterFell
    WinterFell Member Posts: 36
    Options

I don't mind his stories. I like insight into the dead by daylight universe, and this gives it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,417
    Options

Yes, I actually hit play and then go lie on my couch and just listen to it while I nap.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Yes, because it is not written particularly well. It is very dry and takes a long time to set up and pay off of its own structure.

It's the kind of stuff that would have had entire sentences crossed out by an English 101 professor with a 'See Me' at the top so the professor can explain that you're basically wasting his time with redundant and useless sentences that are ineffectual for the purpose supplied.

Not only that, but the narration is a more potent sleep aid than Nyquil

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited June 2022
    Options

tbh. the Observers Lore is my favorite 😉

They tell much more about the mysterious realm, the entity ect. as the Survivor/Killer ones