Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you like to use Cut Coin (killer offering that reduces number of chests by 2)

dugman
dugman Member Posts: 9,713

For reference, the default number of chests in a match is 3. The killer very rare purple offering Cut Coin reduces the number by 2, so without any other modifiers in play there will be only one chest on the map.

I’m curious, do you like to use Cut Coin when you have one available? Obviously fewer chests means potentially fewer tool kits or med kits to deal with, but on the other hand it means giving up using a Bloodpoint offering or hook distance reduction or Mori.

Do you like to use Cut Coin (killer offering that reduces number of chests by 2) 33 votes

I usually or always use Cut Coin when I have one
0%
I sometimes use Cut Coin and sometimes don’t (around 50/50)
18%
Mat_SellaLunar_WingSebaOutbreakdugmanGhouled_MojoAurelle 6 votes
I rarely or never use Cut Coin
81%
MandySeiko300OnryosTapeRentalsTapeKnotanarchy753Aven_FallenMrPenguinFixtionuLanonymous31337[Deleted User]Warcrafter4Awkward_FiendCluelessChurchofPigcasoniusFobboTripleStealMarc_go_soloNoOneKnowsNovaHex_Llama 27 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I usually bring BP offerings, but if not those then it'll most likely be Cut Coin.

• casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29

Cut coin is not worth it tbh. Especially at higher ranks. For the most part, the time used by survivors to search chests is time they're not on gens. Higher rank survivors practically never search chests and tryhard survivors bring good items with them. So really the only people searching chests are bad / new / doing a challenge / having fun. And well, that's fine for you. Sure they might find a toolbox or medkit that saves them 10s on gens or healing. But it costs them 30s while you were chasing somebody else down. Let them have their fun, it gives you more time.

You could much better use an offering that actually helps you instead of just annoying survivors that wanted to search some chests, especially since you're not hurting them. It's not like they search the chest and it's just empty or smt. Instead they're just gonna be on a gen instead.

• OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66

Agreed ^

Just about the only time a survivor should actually be searching a chest to benefit the team surviving is when they desperately need a heal for a late save and they can't find anybody/it's just them left. Since I'm going to go ahead and assume that the basement chest is always the one that is left, cut coin barely even influences that situation positively, as that's where they'll look for it anyway. So therefore the only real influence it has on the game is to stop the survivors from being their usual idiot selves and force them to actually try to escape. 75% of the time, you're making the game harder for yourself by bringing this offering, whilst making the game less fun for 80% of the players in the game.

Also, having the middle option as 50% of the time you own one is crazy talk. The middle option... The top option should have been maybe 25%+...

P.S. At least 95% of the killer offerings I play are BP. If I don't have any, I'll sink a couple of million more BP into that killer so that I do.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I don't think it's useful for the killer unless you are playing as Hag, and even then it's quite suboptimal. For other killers it's a harmful offering, an equivalent of spawn-together offerings for survivors.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited December 2021
    • I have the middle option as 50/50 since I’m not making any assumptions either way on how often people like to use Cut Coin when they have it. For all I know there are people who love using it. I wouldn’t want to mess up the poll question by making an assumption on the results beforehand.
    • That’s an interesting point about the chest always being in the basement. Makes me wonder is Territorial Imperative would have an odd synergy with Cut Coin. Cut Coin puts the only chest in the Basement, Territorial Imperative tells you when someone is in the basement outside your terror radius. Could be an easy basement hook on whoever has Plunderer that match or whatever. (Then again Territorial Imperative inexplicably has a cooldown and only shows the aura for a few seconds. How bad can a perk be?)
  • OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66

I'm honestly just guessing at the basement thing😂 It just seems logical to me.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

I don't have a lot of Cut Coins on any of my killers. BUT, if I do have them, I usually burn them when the survivors have either 1 or none items. So I don't have to deal with nasty surprises later. :P

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Cut coin just feels like a relic of the past where getting items from the blood web was much more expensive and thus searching chests was more advantageous.

As it currently stands its just there to be annoying to anyone who's doing archives and should probably be replaced/removed.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

I rarely use it, only becaise it seldom appears in randomizers. However, I'd keep it as it's one of the few map-altering offerings about. At least all the coin offerings make a difference to the trial, in some form. Less can be said about offerings like the luck pouches.

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248

I only use the Cut Coin when I don't have any BP or Mori offerings left.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Other than BP offerings I don't bring offerings very often in general on either side. Cut Coin is no exception.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It doesn't really benefit me, and it's needlessly mean to people who are trying to do a chest or item-related challenge.