The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Feedback on the chaser camping penalty for killers

2»

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@pabloddiablo316 said:
    It does not work,. Period. Ever since the halloween event started barring a few chilled out killers, I was either facecamped or tunneled around 95% of my games and tonight witnessed by 3 friends, it happend with 4 different killers. A myers, a doc and 2 dif wraiths.

All did same thing hook you stand there nodding at you and if anyone tries to save just hit em once so they go away to heal, rinse and repeat.

My suggestion is this (cue the killer main hatred) Instead of losing emblem points, put a counter onscreen showing their bloodpoints for the game and while they stay in camp range, show their bloodpoints draining away.

Lazy/bad killers will not give a damn about deranking or not ranking up if they can do this get crappy emblem results and stay where they are, but I am seeing it at rank 3!

Several of my friends have told me they have been in games like this too. it sucks all the fun out of the game when it is played like that. And b4 the killer mains have a go at me, I play killer too, I dont camp as I find that boring, I actually use BBQ and chilli for whats its intended, bonus points nad to go hunt other players, much more fun that way, for everyone.

I don't mind dying in game to a skilled killer, but a lazy swine should not be rewarded for facecamping. I have recorded some of it and asson as I get it to youtube (most likely tomorrow or saturday I will provide the link as proof it is happening.

Don't get me wrong, I love DBD its probably up there with 7 days to die and FO4 for sheer amount of playtime it gets on my PS4, but when damn near every killer I face plays like that, its not fun and I start looking to play something else and maybe eventually give up on DBD.

I have a rule with any game, if I no longer get any fun from playing it, its time for that game to go.

The penalty works very well. I tested it myself. If you camp all the game, then you will go out with zero chaser or maximal bronze chaser if you had to catch the last 2 guys by hand.

What BHVR doesnt understand is that noone wants to rank up as long as the game is such a mess at high ranks regarding unbalance and queue times. On top of that, there are ZERO rewards for ranking up.

Also I dont understand why you dont simply do the gens and leave the killer behind with <10k BP? It is so easy, you just have to hold M1. But nope, survivors - as stupid/entitled as they are - rush the hook even though I make no secret that im standing directly in front of it.
    In the games where I tested the penalty, I easily 4ked AND even piped because the survivors refused to use their brains :wink:

Dude, that's bs. "As stupid/entitled as they are" that's such an overreaction. In 4 man swf teams that usually works, sure. But in a group of solo survivors, once the last one has realised that the killer is camping, it's probably to late for the last 3 survivors to rush gens effectively against the killer. Has nothing to do with survivors being entitled or stupid. I mean if you play solo survivor, and notice that nobody is unhooking someone who got hooked. Chances are you will think that the other survivors are also doing gens or what not and you will then go in for the save.
    This is just the main strategy that can really hurt solo survivors, but not swf survivors. One of the biggest disadvantages solo survivors have.
    Also, this game is supposed to be fun for both sides. Camping is no fun at all for survivors. I'd rather get gen rushed by the best 4 man swf team ever than get camped. Cause at least when getting gen rushed I can still play the game.

I play solo all the time and I always facepalm when my idiot mates throw themselves at the killer. No, you dont need voice comms for that, I can deduce that by using my brain too.

Fact is that killers ESPECIALLY camp because SWF are way more altruistic than solos.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

this is the clip I wzs on about as you can see my friends did gen rudh but this wasted a BPS and i only got about 9k points at end of game

I do wish the hooked person should gt credit for gens and being a decoy basically similar to the one you get for distraction. Only this would work based upon if the killer is camping and no survivors are near as well.

So you get credit for gens being done and then get distraction points the longer you keep them occupied.

So again a survivor main asking to get rewards for failure.
    You got caught, you are on the hook, you failed.
    Now you can decide to be a decent teammate and stay as long as possible, or your just a douche and suicide on the hook or leave.
    Rewards are for success.
    Killer don't get rewards for escaping survivor either.

If you camp as a killer you're a failure and yet you're rewarded.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

this is the clip I wzs on about as you can see my friends did gen rudh but this wasted a BPS and i only got about 9k points at end of game

I do wish the hooked person should gt credit for gens and being a decoy basically similar to the one you get for distraction. Only this would work based upon if the killer is camping and no survivors are near as well.

So you get credit for gens being done and then get distraction points the longer you keep them occupied.

Now you can decide to be a decent teammate and stay as long as possible, or your just a douche and suicide on the hook or leave.
    Rewards are for success.

Correction, if you camp as a killer and get 0k or 1k you are a failure. No matter what you do as a killer if you get a 3k or 4k you completed your primary objective.

• purebalance

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Correction, if you camp as a killer and get 0k or 1k you are a failure. No matter what you do as a killer if you get a 3k or 4k you completed your primary objective.

No you're still a failure. It just also means you're playing against trashy failures.

• AgentTalon

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

No you're still a failure. It just also means you're playing against trashy failures.

Hey to each their own. Play with all the made up rules you want I guess.

• purebalance

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

It's not a made up rule considering BHVR literally just endorsed that you are garbage if you camp by making your rank points drop by camping.

But hey try to act cheeky saying something that is completely false. It's cute.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

so... the killers are staring at you, constantly nodding while you are dying?
    dont play toxic in your next games.

• AgentTalon

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

It's not a made up rule considering BHVR literally just endorsed that you are garbage if you camp by making your rank points drop by camping.

Oh no! Not my rank! In this perfect system, it means soooo much to me. Please don't keep me out of the high ranks I beg you!

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Oh no! Not my rank! In this perfect system, it means soooo much to me. Please don't keep me out of the high ranks I beg you!

Enjoy that -10% Emblem score for camping out 4K ;3

• purebalance

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Oh so now you got your little statement ######### on so now you try to deflect. It means you failed according to the rules of the game. I didn't make them up. Stop posting. You lost.

• purebalance

@Raccoon said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Enjoy that -10% Emblem score for camping out 4K ;3

Doesn't matter that it is ineffective. My points stands that BHVR is saying by enacting that you're a shitter failure if you camp.

• purebalance

@Mister_xD said:

Yeah no they do it in non toxic games. I guess if a killer does it to me I should bring DS, flashlights, and tea bag all game since a killer was toxic to me the previous game right?

• Raccoon

@Peanits - Here you go.

• AgentTalon

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Oh so now you got your little statement ######### on so now you try to deflect. It means you failed according to the rules of the game. I didn't make them up. Stop posting. You lost.

If camping was against the rules they would ban it. Is it banned...nope, is 10% to an emblem even a serious attempt to stop it...nope, are the legit perks to make it easier...yup. Doesn't seem like they care too much about it and it's most certainly not against the rules.

• purebalance

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

If camping was against the rules they would ban it. Is it banned...nope, is 10% to an emblem even a serious attempt to stop it...nope, are the legit perks to make it easier...yup. Doesn't seem like they care too much about it and it's most certainly not against the rules.

Where did I say against the rules. AWwwwww you're losing an argument so you try to change the goalposts lol. BHVR is saying "you are a failure" like I said by implementing any penalty to camping that affects your emblems no matter how insignificant it is. You can try to put words into my mouth as much as you want, but the text is all here. Stop posting. You're making yourself look more and more foolish writing in a cheeky manner when you're losing.

• Raccoon

@purebalance said:

@Mister_xD said:

Yeah no they do it in non toxic games. I guess if a killer does it to me I should bring DS, flashlights, and tea bag all game since a killer was toxic to me the previous game right?

No one's stopping you.

There's nothing wrong with doing that.

• Mister_xD

@purebalance said:

@Mister_xD said:

the fact that he tells us how every killer he enounters at a high rank, you know... the ranks where the minority of players are actually camping, just straight up camps the ######### out of him and nods at him while he dies, granting him no other chance gives me a ceratin picture of him as a survivor: probaply that P3 laurie, with the DS, SB, SC and Adrenaline and a flashlight, constantly looping around and blinding the killer.
    cause i as a killer usually only camp super toxics. and i do know that many ppl do the same, as no team at rank 3 should be as bad to straight up lose against a hardcamper.
    genrush and leave, the killer will just depip.

• AgentTalon
    edited November 2018

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Where did I say against the rules. AWwwwww you're losing an argument so you try to change the goalposts lol. BHVR is saying "you are a failure" like I said by implementing any penalty to camping that affects your emblems no matter how insignificant it is. You can try to put words into my mouth as much as you want, but the text is all here. Stop posting. You're making yourself look more and more foolish writing in a cheeky manner when you're losing.

Right here is where you said that actually. See that sentence where you said failed according to the rules? Which implies that camping is against those rules since since it results in failure. So are they against camping as a rule or is it once again just your made up rule that camping is a no go?

Also, is cheeky a more powerful word where you come from? It's like the 3rd time you have said it?

• Raccoon
    edited November 2018

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@AgentTalon said:

@purebalance said:

@Wolf74 said:

@powerbats said:

Rewards are for success.

Right here is where you said that actually. See that sentence where you said failed according to the rules? Which implies that camping is against those rules since since it results in failure. So are they against camping as a rule or is it once again just your made up rule that camping is a no go?

Also, is cheeky a more powerful word where you come from? It's like the 3rd time you have said it?

I guess he hasn't reached the required level of toxicity to have his posts moderated.

Perhaps we can trick him into saying "GG :)"

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited November 2018

@Mister_xD said:

That'd be false actually since some killers will face camp the 1st person they hook at 5 gens and smack them as if that makes them tough. Then when they get gen rushed whine post game about being gen rushed and swf/ds/flashlights etc.

This despite no one having brought a flashlight, everyone joining separately, no one or just 1 person with ds etc.

• Mister_xD

@powerbats said:

@Mister_xD said:

That'd be false actually since some killers will face camp the 1st person they hook at 5 gens and smack them as if that makes them tough. Then when they get gen rushed whine post game about being gen rushed and swf/ds/flashlights etc.

This despite no one having brought a flashlight, everyone joining separately, no one or just 1 person with ds etc.

he said that he was at rank 3, so i doubt there would be be many hard campers in that rank. also, if you get camped every game, you might consider chaging your playstyle, as usually the toxic players get a facecamp.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@pabloddiablo316 said:
    It does not work,. Period. Ever since the halloween event started barring a few chilled out killers, I was either facecamped or tunneled around 95% of my games and tonight witnessed by 3 friends, it happend with 4 different killers. A myers, a doc and 2 dif wraiths.

All did same thing hook you stand there nodding at you and if anyone tries to save just hit em once so they go away to heal, rinse and repeat.

My suggestion is this (cue the killer main hatred) Instead of losing emblem points, put a counter onscreen showing their bloodpoints for the game and while they stay in camp range, show their bloodpoints draining away.

Lazy/bad killers will not give a damn about deranking or not ranking up if they can do this get crappy emblem results and stay where they are, but I am seeing it at rank 3!

Several of my friends have told me they have been in games like this too. it sucks all the fun out of the game when it is played like that. And b4 the killer mains have a go at me, I play killer too, I dont camp as I find that boring, I actually use BBQ and chilli for whats its intended, bonus points nad to go hunt other players, much more fun that way, for everyone.

I don't mind dying in game to a skilled killer, but a lazy swine should not be rewarded for facecamping. I have recorded some of it and asson as I get it to youtube (most likely tomorrow or saturday I will provide the link as proof it is happening.

Don't get me wrong, I love DBD its probably up there with 7 days to die and FO4 for sheer amount of playtime it gets on my PS4, but when damn near every killer I face plays like that, its not fun and I start looking to play something else and maybe eventually give up on DBD.

I have a rule with any game, if I no longer get any fun from playing it, its time for that game to go.

The penalty works very well. I tested it myself. If you camp all the game, then you will go out with zero chaser or maximal bronze chaser if you had to catch the last 2 guys by hand.

What BHVR doesnt understand is that noone wants to rank up as long as the game is such a mess at high ranks regarding unbalance and queue times. On top of that, there are ZERO rewards for ranking up.

Also I dont understand why you dont simply do the gens and leave the killer behind with <10k BP? It is so easy, you just have to hold M1. But nope, survivors - as stupid/entitled as they are - rush the hook even though I make no secret that im standing directly in front of it.
    In the games where I tested the penalty, I easily 4ked AND even piped because the survivors refused to use their brains :wink:

Dude, that's bs. "As stupid/entitled as they are" that's such an overreaction. In 4 man swf teams that usually works, sure. But in a group of solo survivors, once the last one has realised that the killer is camping, it's probably to late for the last 3 survivors to rush gens effectively against the killer. Has nothing to do with survivors being entitled or stupid. I mean if you play solo survivor, and notice that nobody is unhooking someone who got hooked. Chances are you will think that the other survivors are also doing gens or what not and you will then go in for the save.
    This is just the main strategy that can really hurt solo survivors, but not swf survivors. One of the biggest disadvantages solo survivors have.
    Also, this game is supposed to be fun for both sides. Camping is no fun at all for survivors. I'd rather get gen rushed by the best 4 man swf team ever than get camped. Cause at least when getting gen rushed I can still play the game.

I play solo all the time and I always facepalm when my idiot mates throw themselves at the killer. No, you dont need voice comms for that, I can deduce that by using my brain too.

Fact is that killers ESPECIALLY camp because SWF are way more altruistic than solos.

There's a difference between hook patrolling, and camping. I start patrolling hooks when I believe that other survivors are near the hooked survivor.
    However camping is just standing in front of the hooked person no matter what. And that needs to be nerfed. I already explained why solo survivors have a harder time dealing with killers that camp, but you seemingly just ignored that part. However, I can promise you that if the devs don't do something against camping, and instead nerf gen rush, killers will have the pleasure to wait in lobbies for more than 30 minutes until they finally get survivors they can play against. But I personally would rather not have that, since I main killer.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838
    Disconnect. 
    Don't give bad players points. He only gets 625 per DC.
    Leave and requeue.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I could not care less for the loss of bloodpoints, rank, etc. Im not in this game to collect points, I am here to collect survivor's tears
  • Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@pabloddiablo316 said:

There's a difference between hook patrolling, and camping. I start patrolling hooks when I believe that other survivors are near the hooked survivor.
    However camping is just standing in front of the hooked person no matter what. And that needs to be nerfed. I already explained why solo survivors have a harder time dealing with killers that camp, but you seemingly just ignored that part. However, I can promise you that if the devs don't do something against camping, and instead nerf gen rush, killers will have the pleasure to wait in lobbies for more than 30 minutes until they finally get survivors they can play against. But I personally would rather not have that, since I main killer.

Yes solo survivors have it harder to identify campers, but it is perfectly possible since I do it as solo survivor too, yyou just need some map awareness and pay attention :wink:

Yes, there is a huge gap between solo and SWF, but if you act like SWF isnt a thing, then the game will never be balanced. Looking at the steps BHVR has taken recently, I think they will ignore the SWF/solo difference, I accepted that and derank to play casually now, just a pitty imo, but whatever

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Are we all forgetting the only two ACTUAL objectices?

Survivor- survive.

Killer- kill.

By any means at their disposal, that is not exploiting the game.

SWF, DS, NOED, camping, flashlight looping, etc, are all means to succeed In your respective objective. Period.
  • pabloddiablo316
    pabloddiablo316 Member Posts: 84

@Mister_xD said:

@powerbats said:

@Mister_xD said:

he said that he was at rank 3, so i doubt there would be be many hard campers in that rank. also, if you get camped every game, you might consider chaging your playstyle, as usually the toxic players get a facecamp.

I don't play toxic though lol, I never butt dance the killer anything like that, but as I predicted, the event is just about over and its damn near stooped now, apart from those running object of obsession that is

• pabloddiablo316

@RuneStarr said:
    Dude, where are you finding all these facecampers? You know I play the same platform as you, and I've played nothing but survivor since the event started and haven't found a single one (rank 1 though).

Penalizing killers who camp is total BS. Yes camping sucks as a tactic and isn't fun for anyone but when you open that Pandora's box suddenly people are crying to penalize looping (If survivors loop the same pallet more than 1x they should watch their chase BP go down! If survivors sit in the gate waiting for everyone to get out/be safe, they should lose blah blah blah points, seems silly right?).
    Rewarding going after others is a better option than punishing them for doing what they want/what works for them (it wouldn't work if everyone just learned not to reward camping by being overly altruistic or by just staying crouched around the hook instead of working gens btw).

Forcing anyone to play how you want is not fair to them.
    They paid to play just as much as you did (and hey, more than people that grabbed the game during the free month).
    Unless they're breaking rules, just deal with it/adapt/learn how to counter it or suck it up and move on to the next match. It's really not that common after you rank up, so why let a couple bad games get you that upset.

I honestly do't know where they all came from of late, but it does seem to have died down of late too at least:)

• pabloddiablo316

General update on this situation seeing as it has caused quite the row.
    As the event is winding down so does the current spate of facecamping and tunnelling . (whch is what I thought was going to happen to be honest)

Will admit my OP was written after over a WEEK of of it happening to me or anyone one of my regular group I play with (roughly 20 or so diff ppl depending on whose around and I was having a massive sense of humor failure due to how bad it was, but as I said it does seem to be cooling down again. Now I will admit while I am not toxic and don't tbag or flashlight bully (hell I suck with them just ask anyone that has ever seen me try to use them lol). But while I am not I do have a certain few DBD friends that ARE THAT GUY when it comes to winding up killers, it just seems to be that most of the time, I am the one getting camped for it when it happens.

Either way I was just stating how I felt, I did not expect quite so much argument and assumptions to be made on my post.

All the guessing that I am toxic, or that I am exaggerating, I only wish I was at times. Hell I am a nice guy:)

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@pabloddiablo316 said:

Yes solo survivors have it harder to identify campers, but it is perfectly possible since I do it as solo survivor too, yyou just need some map awareness and pay attention :wink:

Yes, there is a huge gap between solo and SWF, but if you act like SWF isnt a thing, then the game will never be balanced. Looking at the steps BHVR has taken recently, I think they will ignore the SWF/solo difference, I accepted that and derank to play casually now, just a pitty imo, but whatever

I'm definitely not acting like swf isn't a thing. Definitely not, I acknowledge the gap between solo survivors and swf survivors, while I don't think it's quite as bad as some people say, it's still pretty big in my opinion.
    But personally, I'm absolutely sure that this game can not be balanced around swf without buffing solo survivors to the level of swf survivors. Otherwise solo survivor players will just quit this game entirely.

• Master
    edited November 2018

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@pabloddiablo316 said:

I'm definitely not acting like swf isn't a thing. Definitely not, I acknowledge the gap between solo survivors and swf survivors, while I don't think it's quite as bad as some people say, it's still pretty big in my opinion.
    But personally, I'm absolutely sure that this game can not be balanced around swf without buffing solo survivors to the level of swf survivors. Otherwise solo survivor players will just quit this game entirely.

Other games consider the fact that you can choose your premades such a big advantage that they have separate reanked queues for premade teams EVEN THOUGH they have ingame voice comms.

In DBD we dont even have ingame voice comms and in DBD its a lot more important than in other games where you have a minimap and all sorts of UI stuff

My personal opinion is that the only solution to this problem is the introduction of ingame voice comms