The Devs Have Murdered Their Game And They Don't Even Know It.

I have seen all my favorite killer mains drop the torch with killer and it is sad. Why must you make this game SO one sided. It makes 0 sense. You say you want both sides to have fun but there is no such fun at high level for killer. You've gone and destroyed this game.

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

They do know; they just released a portrait of the murder

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,176

I still play Killer.

But I have just below 300h, so I probably can still deal with all this BS thrown at you. Still, some days I just get broken by two sweaty and clickety clicky swf groups, who thanks to all their second chance perks are practically untouchable.

I give it my best to not be too biased and see both sides, but I can't fail to conclude, that killers have it far harder then they should and are a far cry away from the power role they should occupy.

In my pov the killer should strile fear into the survivors heart and they should be deadly afraid of him... yet sometimes the killer is the survivora plaything and they torment him unpunished and poke him without fear of consequences.

Only good, old Bubba plays like a killer should, because of the constant danger of an insta down, but you know how much flak he gets for existing.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

it used to more imbalanced but i'd say it use to be a lot more fun on both sides now its imbalanced and boring

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 101

Two shack windows for killer was not as horrendous as playing today is.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,176
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,481

More fun? What was so fun about having to deal with bigger loops, bigger maps, bigger amount of pallets and the list goes on? People complain about Gideon and the new map for having a lot of pallets yet they only have a fraction of what every map used to have

Do you have any idea how many people would quit this game if it reverted back to what it once was? Hell people are complaining about Dead Hard now, imagine how theyd react if they saw 2 Dead Hards from the same person in the same chase

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

lol? Do the 2 window shack again and watch how every survivor will run there with Overcome so you will never be able to catch a survivor again

And to OP:

DBD is pretty fine, although there was a drop, we are still at a level 10% ABOVE May 2021 where DBD cracked the 40k mark for the first time. If you blend out the July hype the last year has been pretty stable and growing

And Im pretty sure you all refer to the "SWF time queue" which grows at like 5pm as people are finishing their work and play together. This has been a thing like 3 years now

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

I don't get how the population is so high and yet it takes so long to find a match and the skill level of the survivors seem so different.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

The list of nerfs given to Killers just keeps getting bigger: Freddy, Twins, Deathslinger, Spirit, Wraith, Artist, etc, and has made playing Killer in this joke of a matchmaking system an absolute chore. What's sad is that I'll watch a fun streamer match that will excite me to play DBD, until I realize that it took that streamer a good 10 to 20 matches just to get one worthy of uploading to YouTube.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,771

Is playing killer on the new Xbox mitigating the pain some?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Some, but now I play against PC gamers, so, only a little.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
  • RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

To be fair, that last one obviously isn't viewable in STEAM playing statistics.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Idk man, people have been saying this game is dying for years. I doubt it will anytime soon.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
    edited December 2021

I bought this game because Myers is in it, my favorite horror slasher. I've always been a killer main and it is simply not fun at all at the moment. I guess I've hit the higher mmr area in my games. It's all just fast gens, flashlight clickers who have massive toxic egos,, pallet validation at every loop, dead hard for distance on 3 out of every 4 survivors. Second chance perks out the wazoo. You'll get a 4k one match and then the next match the survivors play with you and there's nothing you can do about it because of the strong stuff they bring in and how quick they do the objective. I don't want to quit the game but the mmr has made it not fun at all for killer. Survivor is fine but I get bored after a few matches.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The irony is that if they murdered this game, they are actually killer mains.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The playerbase has been in a continuous decline in the last 6 months.

But according to you, that's something good?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I experience the same. (EU servers). Queue as Survivors is instant until 7 PM, and I also stop playing near 8 PM. Killers queue is long until 7 PM, where I usually do one or two matches before I close the game.

I didn't notice a single change in queue time since I started to play (october 2020).

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Wich part of it are you refering?

The part when they forgot about making a fun game experience and instead focus on just releasing DLCs and skins?

Or the part when they started creating unbalanced perks?

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

don't like it shut up and go away? That isn't helpful.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

if you don't like what they say why don't you just go to a different topic

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I've been playing less DBD in general lately, but when I do decide to play I usually pick survivor over killer. Reason being that killer is just too stressful in its current state.

• Deadeye
    edited December 2021

So you consider this game dead? Yeah sure, there are some events that should raise the player numbers. Still that one line I wrote "we are still at a level 10% ABOVE May 2021 where DBD cracked the 40k mark for the first time"

I think the boons and the MMR did their part, but there needs to happen A LOT more to kill DBD. What is happening right now will be reviewed and they will do the needed changes, most likely regarding community feedback, and then the numbers will rise again. DBD has been death sentenced so many times by so many people, still it is the only game surviving, while having other competing games just instantly dying after the first hype.

A bit constructive feedback would help the game more than all these "YOU BROKE IT! IM DONE! BYE"

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Same. Survivor q times have always been instant during the day for me, and killer takes like 3 minutes, at night the opposite.

• Deadeye

No, that's totally NOT what I said...

I said the game player base is STILL fine and FAR from dying. There have been major drops in the past which have not been a problem at all. Boons and MMR seem to be a problem? Give them time to react on community feedback and the numbers will rise again. And I bet that DBD is not dead on Christmas 2022

• gilgamer

Oh I remember and I'm not defending those things but people use to play differently back then. People ######### around a lot back then and no one took ######### seriously because everything was so stupidly imbalanced also killer design was at least more interesting where most killers came out and had something different to offer now every killer releases with what feels like just a reskinned version of someone else's power. Plus people had at least some variety in builds but now it's mostly the same 15 or so perks from both sides in 90% of the matches, that I don't blame the players though that's more on bhvr. Same with map design, I'd almost prefer old Haddonfield over RCPD.

I won't sit here and tell you that me having over 1k hours now compared to only having a couple dozen to a hundred hours isn't playing a massive role in why I hate the game these days but the game is by no means in its best state its ever been and it hasn't been for probably over a year since I'd argue descend beyond was the best chapter or at least when the game was in its best state.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

What players were this? In my region none of those veteran killer mains quit the job. I guess you had quite the whiny killers there.

• gilgamer

I don't haven't played or had it installed in months but I follow it to see if they ever right the ship or until a proper competitor in the genre comes about. BHVR hasn't had proper competition in the asymmetrical genre and it shows. Also cmon we all use hyperbole don't be an ass about it

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 101

You're joking right? When there were 2 shack windows, looping was alot less common. Meta was alot less common and swf were alot less common. I'd much rather have scared survivors from back then this mess killers are facing right now.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Honestly, boons were one of the most critical mistakes the devs have made. As they stand now, they are just impossible to balance. Add in the Dead Hard 'fix' (see: buff) and the developer's recent bizarre statements basically defending toxicity and yeah - I can see why people would be starting to move away.

I know that I'm getting more and more frustrated, and gravitating towards only playing my strong killers/perks these days. Which stops being fun after a while.

The Blood Hunt saw a pretty massive influx and the game's numbers are still quite healthy. There will be a bit of a fall-off from that which is hard to quantify.

That said - yeah.

The new killer...she's strong and fun but her amazingly bland addons sort of make her one note.

The winter event was a cute idea, but terribly implemented. Mediocre rewards outside of a few cosmetics and snowmen that futz with killer powers. Sigh. There is a reason that this forum has been wall-to-wall killer complaints for months now.

To me, the answer lies in some pretty substantial reworks of maps, addons and perks, buffing weaker killers (this would help both sides so much as variety makes the game a lot more fun), better moderation, something to help eliminate facecamping and the much discussed grind/prestige changes the devs have been talking about for ages.

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266

thats kinda the reason why queues are getting longer

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2021

No. MMR has it's quirks and needs work, but it's so much better than the nightmare that anyone who wasn't pretty high MMR experienced under ranks.

This is a baby that doesn't need to be thrown out with the bathwater.

People are. That's...sort of what this thread is about.

It's had a constant decline since the massive influx caused by the Bloodhunt event. That's expected.

If this decline continues substantially then yes, there is cause to worry.

Keep in mind that this is only Steam, and I wonder how many people decided to try a fresh start/smurf via Epic.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890

This melodrama is so tiring.

The game is not "one-sided" overall. There are for sure glaring issues for both sides, but most people do not play this game as seriously as the vocal minority on the forums do, and the general population that plays would likely find they win and lose fairly evenly, if they even care about "winning" at all instead of just messing around and having fun.

That equates to many killers and survivors are not playing like ultra sweatlords who's lives are devoted to this game. Those types of players are the ones who feel the game is one-sided because they can no longer ez 4k or 4 man escape anymore.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,481

The game was still plagued with a stale meta back then, Id argue it was even worst since there was even less to chose from.

Killer designs used to be more unique but clearly thats not any ones concern anymore. Since if a killer comes out and they dont show potential to be the next Spirit or Blight, the community throws a tantrum

I would argue right now the game is in the best state its ever been, there is the least amount of imbalanced stuff the game has seen for both sides, and MMR really isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

Now there is something that has gotten A LOT worst over the years, and thats the community. Becoming more whiny and demanding as time goes on