If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Moris

Options

Can these be changed to brown rarity please? They don't actually enhance gameplay and it's a bit frustrating when they take up your iri slot in the blood web and you are trying to get an add on.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

There are three rarities of Mori's.

The ability to ignore DS upon the final hook stage (and other rescue attempts) IS worthy of such a rarity imo.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Oh, you were saving your DS for your death hook?

Heh.

Heh heh.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Pyramid Head for sure has a closet full of Ebony moris

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

Then make Mori's conditional on being performed nearby a Hook.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options

Garbage idea

How often is it that you down somebody by a hook compared to out in the open

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hm. It strikes me that there's barely anything in the iri rarity tier as it is. Bouquets are gone, splinters are gone, moris and keys are dead items. Survivors have Brand New Parts, Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringes, Odd Bulbs (which suck), and Skeleton Keys (which suck). Killers have Ebony Moris (which suck) and their two iri addons, which may or may not suck. The whole rarity system could use look at - for instance, any offering in the green rarity tier is way rarer than it's theoretically meant to be because green is so bloated with maps, so Sacrificial Wards, Bloody Party Streamers, Bound Envelopes, and less missed stuff like Moldy Oak and Black Salt Statuettes are far rarer than intended. And there's a disproportionate amount of useless stuff in the purple tier too - it's not just moris being clutter, you've also got Cut Coins and Murky Reagents and Shrouds of Binding and Vigo's Lips. I honestly avoid purple or iri mystery gifts because they're so likely to give me something I don't want.

I think making Sacrificial Wards purple and Bloody Party Streamers iridescent would increase the odds of these slots containing things that you want while also increasing the supply of desired items.

Moris themselves - I think they might be on their way out? They are definitely undeserving of their rarity and price tag now, but there's been dev talk of a new baked-in mechanic to handle moris and make them something the killer can earn over the course of the match, so that might see the offerings put out to pasture after their long downwards hobble. But if mori items are to remain a thing in the bloodweb, I think I'd rather see the current Ivory and Cypress moris nuked and the remaining Ebony mori to cover the functions of both Ebony and Cypress - can kill all 4, and can kill last survivor regardless of hook state. Moris barely have any functionality in their current state, just cosmetics and a few edge cases where they might do something, so I'd be fine with that item as a green or purple. Green if you're okay with rarely seeing them, which a lot of players would be; purple to toss a largely useless item into a category that has a lot of largely useless items for their steep price, and that rolls back to the original issues of moris not being worth the bloodpoints.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

After the mori nerf I would be fine if the ebony was made a Very Rare offering instead. Like at best it saves the time it takes to walk to a hook x3.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Making BPS Iri would just be super annoying when a killer has good addons.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

The mori animation can be longer than hooking the player. Even at maximum distance, you're not saving much time unless you intend to walk back the way you came afterwards.

It can be better than that, though. Moris have the following benefits over hooking a player:

Immunity to DS/Power Struggle (which can't be avoided when the conditions are met)

Immunity to teammates performing saves (which can be easily avoided)

Immunity to a lack of nearby hooks.

Saves a hook from being destroyed (important if in a relevant area, meaningless otherwise.)

Moris also have the following downsides compared to hooking a player:

-Hook perks are not triggered - BBQ, Pop, Pain Resonance, etc.

-No ability to cancel the action (analogous to dropping the player to interrupt someone else, or hitting while carrying a body)

All of these can be helpful, but they're also incredibly situational. Pyramid Head's built-in mori is good because it's instant. It's always faster than a hook and so it's always better than a hook, bar perks - you don't get cases where survivors run through you and open a gate or pop a gen while you're in the middle of sawing one of their friends' faces off. Regular moris don't bring a lot to the table. The best they do is counter survivor perks that allow them to self-save, but that value hinges on the survivor having the perk, you not triggering it earlier, and you triggering it now. If you bring a mori and your intention is to second-hook tunnel, you will probably consistently succeed in that. Otherwise, it's going to be a cosmetic that might come in handy once every few dozen matches.

I'd rather have them than moris. At least BPS give me my money back and I'll actually use them.

But purple is fine too. The issue is that green offerings are stupidly hard to get and that's only going to get worse over time, and there's some useful green offerings that you can't find enough of.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747
    Options

I mean that's the point, for the more "common" Mori Offerings you'd make the player need to at least pick up a Survivor to take them to a Hook. If there are complaints that Killers camp to use Mori's immediately off of hook, well, that is a possibility that players might be more incentivized to do so given it's part of the criteria, but it's not something that you can't already do.

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    Options

I'd rather they get deleted. They are just a bp lock for me now. A punishment for not planning out the bloodweb enough.

I dont even want bp back at this point. I just want the pieces of crap outta the web.