If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Poll: What are Hillbilly's Best Very Rare (Purple) Add Ons?

Options
Steel_Eyed
Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Hillbillly has four Very Rare Addons:

1. Lopro Chains - Continue a Chainsaw Sprint after breaking a pallet or wall. Survivors hit within five seconds take damage for a single health state.
  2. Pighouse Gloves - While overheated, break pallets, gens, and walls 20% faster (Brutal Strength) and decrease pallet stun duration by 50% (Enduring).
  3. Spiked Boots - Increase turn rate by 44%. Increase chainsaw stun duration by 28%.
  4. Tuned Carburetor - Increase chainsaw charge speed by 25%. Decrease base movement speed to 4.4 m/s.

I would like to see what the community feels is Hillbilly's best purple addons. I will update this post with the thread replies.

What are Hillbilly's best Purples? His worst? Why?

Poll:

1. 10
  2. 0
  3. 4
  4. 2
Post edited by Steel_Eyed on

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Options

Figured I'd separate my vote from the original post.

I feel Spiked Boots is his best Very Rare addon. I think the turn speed allows for more hits with zig zaggers, makes cross map navigation easier, gives me the zoomies feeling, and helps with snipes. He feels more versatile with these imo and is one of the few addons imo that make him feel like a better killer.

Have to say I wish his Very Rares didn't all have drawbacks to each one though.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options
    1. LoPro
    2. Boots
    3. Carburetor
    4. Gloves

The bottom two are debatable.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

1. LoPro Chains

2. Tuned Carburetor

3. Spiked Boots

4. Pighouse Gloves

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

I love the LoPro chains! They can create some very inventive plays and catch out less-aware survivors. Also, you can attack from afar, through a pallet from a direction they may feel safe from.

Basically, LoPro all the way, followed by the Boots. The better steering is always welcome. The other 2 depends on what you're after: The Carburetor is good for those wanting quick, fast downs, although messing it up is more costly, and the gloves can act like a couple of extra perk slots such as Enduring and Brutal Strength combined, but keeping the Overheat at that level to truely benefit may have more cons than the pros you get. So gloves are probably more situational, even though if you can get them to work then they are veru useful.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

LoPro. No question. Billy is hard countered by safe dropping pallets. LoPro at least gives you a chance to punish that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

Lopro chains, followed by Spiked Boots. Pighouse Gloves used to be good, now they're not. Tuned Carborator could be good but also you're a 110 killer now and your animations still don't work so no it isn't.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited December 2021
    Options

Spiked boots. Lopro chains are way too situational in comparison even when taking the fact that you can curve into account. I find im more likely to get chainsaw snipes using turn addons than a free hit from lopro chains. Boots will also help you navigate around the map easier which means better map pressure. Other 2 I'd just dismiss as garbage. We have "become huntress speed for a primer bulb" and the other is just made by someone who hates the killer.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,022
    Options

Tuned Carburetor is only good with Engravings, otherwise it's hot garbage. Lopro is just always good, especially for pallet zoning, which I don't think the guy above me realizes.

Sooo

1. Lopro
    2. Tuned Carburrator WITH DEATH ENGRAVINGS
    3. Spiked Boots
    4. Pighouse Gloves (that rework really sucked lol)
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

1-3-4-2

Lopro Chains is imo his best addon. It's just great when a survivor "outplays" you just to get hit after wasting a pallet.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 704
    Options

In terms of usefulness, spiked boots. In terms of being interesting/fun, lopro chains.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options

I absolutely love Tuned Carburetor.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

I’d consider Lopro Chains to be a bit overrated as I feel like it’s easily countered by just taking a corner. Spiked Boots massively increases the turn rate which is a big deal so I’ll take the boots.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,022
    edited December 2021
    Options

the biggest strength of lopro is zoning, not for hits. that's why it's rated so highly esp in competitve.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

Lopro turns Billy into a BTEC Pyramid/Nemesis with movement, tbf.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

Lopro Chains

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    edited December 2021
    Options

Lopro Chains

Would be shocked if someone argued that. I'd argue that Lopro Chains is Hillbilly's best addon in general.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Johnagon_Infinity Member Posts: 178
    Options

Lopro are his best purple addons. The boots are nice, too. Tuned Carburetor is okay, but heavily map dependent. Probably one of my favorite addons for indoor maps, to be honest. Pighouse gloves are absolutely terrible. I once ran them 4 games in a row without ever getting any value out of it. Complete and utter garbage.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

Honestly didn’t think of it that way.

Yeah true but honestly PH and Nemesis were designed in making that their strengths. Billy has other strengths and I don’t consider Lopros to be impactful against good survivors. It’s decent, just not great.

• Steel_Eyed
    edited January 2022
    Options

Updated first post with results to this point. Lopro is the leader by far with ten out of sixteen votes. Spiked Boots seems to be recognizably a good addon as well with four votes. Tuned Carberator has a couple of votes of confidence; and surprisingly made a couple of second place spots in the lists above. Pighouse Gloves is considered bad by all so far who spoke on it.