They know... they just don't care.

Options
Johnny_XMan
Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Sigh ...

I know this isn't anything new, but just shows how bad the cheating problem has become.

All three of them were in it, Dwight would unhook and suddenly be healed. Ace, same thing. I don't even know how they kept going down while cheating. I even used my syringe on one of them (trying to be a good teammate) when he didn't need it. One of them even admitted to being banned 100 times (not that I would take his word for it, but I believe it). Just baffling to say the least.

I tried to give the Pinhead my kill after I figured out that they were cheating, because I felt bad for him...but he would refuse and just took me to the exit gate.

I know DBD has it's issues, but if anyone makes this game look bad it's these people. Not the killer mains, not the survivor mains, the cheaters.

Comments

• ColdWater
    ColdWater Member Posts: 72
    Options

How do you have that many shards? JFC

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

They'd rather take your money with cosmetics.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Can't exactly do anything when they spoof their hwid and ip. We just need a quicker way to get them banned.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Is it just me or is every cheater a Dwight?

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

This would be nice. Like if it could monitor A Survivors X & Y axis, and if it's above or below a certain amount for too long; it does the same.

But it won't happen.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Yeah, or if it did they wouldn’t tell us since they wouldn’t want cheaters to know how they’re caught.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options

My god, cheaters are pathetic.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,492
    Options

We've had our disagreements, but this is spot on.

I 100% agree.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

He is one of them, this is just a ruse, he has a degradation kink and wants us to call hackers dirty names. Don't fall for it. Hackers are mature and upstanding members of society that are very good looking and intelligent.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,492
    edited January 2022
    Options

The legendary double post.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    Options

What exactly do you plan on doing with your shards?

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Retire and donate a percentage to the hungry killer and survivor mains so that they don't have to wear old worn rags in 2022.

• BlighTown
    BlighTown Member Posts: 153
    Options

Play single player games, multiplayer sucks overall.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

He's devotion 26. I ran out of things to bother spending shards on by devotion 5. If you aren't big on buying dlc with shards, and you don't care for the cosmetics that can be bought with shards, and you already have all perks unlocked, then shards basically do nothing except maybe giving you like 600k BP or something if you really want to trade shards for it when the shrine resets.

Shards need more uses.

• Avrand
    Avrand Member Posts: 15
    Options

yea its pretty bad at times you will literally have survivors that seem to get way to far of a distance at times when you haven't even injured them or they haven't vault rushed, just curios how they can get so far its like when your not looking they use a hack to get some distance.

either way they honestly need to start banning this cheaters from the game, like literally cheaters have been caught and nothing is DONE!, at least ######### make them have to pay for the whole game again, due to the fact they're runing others people play exp and $$$$$$ for company and people who bought this game don't want cheater in it. they're easy to catch so why not just start forcing them to buy DBD every time they cheat at least the company will make more money and you can get the majority of the cheaters to stop.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

No this one guy who was hacking was a Cheryl.

a disgrace of the Silent Hill chapter.

• Tigernutz1979
    Tigernutz1979 Member Posts: 38
    Options

I didn't even know this was a thing! I play on Xbox Series X, and have had a few strange moments while playing as Killer, such as people insta-healing, a blindness that lasted just under 20 seconds (I recorded it and checked after the match), and someone who was perma-sprinting.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Play for 10,000 hours pretty much. They've probably never spent any, which is just weird.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options
  • AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

still completely absurd that the cheater epidemic has been going on for as long as it has and there's been no legitimate action taken by bhvr to stop or even address it.

also, could have sworn i commented on this before. weird.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

6.3k to be exact. I have spent some but mostly for blood points in the shrine.

I buy my cosmetics with my own money. Mostly a personal choice.

I own every rift and I do buy most cosmetics if not all, for my mains. Like Dweet for example:

• SvarturSteinn
    SvarturSteinn Member Posts: 58
    Options

Some very important things to note about the current stats of Anti-Cheat BHVR is currently using has some flaws in it that are severely hampering their efforts to deal with the cheating issue.

One of the most glaring problems is that the software does not have a log file on the match so the only way they can have any supporting evidence of cheating is when a player provides video evidence directly to them because the only logging that the Anti-Cheat is doing is in the pre and post game chat.

Actual gameplay logging would improve the cheating issue massively.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

They also need to update it, I believe, more often, when cheats are found.

The anti-cheat can't detect what it's not updated to find in the first place.

Sadly, Easy Anti-Cheat is known colloquially as 'Easy To Cheat' in the various cheating forums.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited January 2022
    Options
  • Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Thing is, everything has been done. Their motherboard, banned, their storeaccount(steam, microsoft, epic, whatever) banned, their in-game account, banned, their IP, banned. So how can someone like this have been banned 100 times?

They prepared to spoof their PC to bypass the motherboard ban, they buy different accounts for a fraction of the price(the cheapest prices found have been 75 cents for an account), the IP ban is easy to bypass already. These people dont mind spending 150$ on 100 accounts if it means they can keep hacking. If it takes an average of 1 week to get banned, that means 150$ buys you 2 years of accounts.

So as you can see, "why not just start forcing them to buy DBD every time they cheat at least the company will make more money and you can get the majority of the cheaters to stop." This is exactly what is happening. BHVR earns (some) money from cheaters. They are forced to use a non-banned copy, on a non-banned motherboard, on a non-banned IP, on a non-banned store account. But all these measures can be bypassed. The only thing that would help, is an autobanner, but autobanners have false positives and false negatives. Meaning people could get banned for something they never did, and have to spend a lot of time getting their account back(imagine this happens during a limited event), and those who have false negatives would fly under the radar.

The better, long term solution, is to revamp the original game. Rework the code behind it. It wouldnt just reduce the amount of hackers, it would also remove resurfacing bugs, would clean up the overall sluggishness of some game parts(like, short stutters), it would make things in general more consistent(aka, Blight no longer being able to use a wallglide, as he never was intended to do so, but due to the weird way this game checks collision, people are basically able to exploit this to gain an uncounterable advantage on some maps, yeah, it takes skill, but pathfinding from pallet to pallet without getting hit is also a skill). It would allow for physics and entities to be processed even more efficiently since the game doesnt have to scan through an absolute mess of a code just to check if that corn is supposed to bend to the left, or to the right.

I have been hoping, that after Swamp, Haddonfield and Red Forest were finished with their rebalancing and visual rework, that the game itself would be done. But it's been almost year since the last old map was updated. Swamp, Haddonfield and Red Forest are slowly sticking out like a sore thumb. Why the sudden pause? We dont know, they have been able to create Eyrie of Crows at a relatively quick pace. They have been able to make RPD. Are they actually working on remaking the code behind DBD? We dont know, nothing has been announced of the sorts. Are they working on those maps? We dont know, normally we'd get an update 2-3 weeks prior of a PTB, and the mid-chapter PTB is quite soon.

• slunder
    slunder Member Posts: 247
    Options

@dugman the problem is that the enemy could start using hacks to boost you as a way of trolling and getting you banned & dbd is very buggy which can lead to "impossible" results.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

DbD is not that “buggy” as far as the things to check for. And if a hacker somehow managed to frame another person to look like a cheater, that’s why the game replay file would be automatically saved for customer service review.