Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Improvement ideas

Just a list of ideas I was having that might improve the health of the game:

• make yellow moris standard kit; always an option for killers without them needing to spend blood points. The mori doesn't impact the game play and is purely cosmetic now (well, it could save a couple of seconds of walking, but overall I think it's moot) green and ebony can still be bought
  • have 2 queues - one for solos and one for swf. killers who sign up for the swf queue could get additional bonus for dealing with the increased stress (perhaps a % boost, or maybe a 0.1% shard bonus, or the like)
  • boons - allow one of each type in a match simultaneously. either one person can have all boons in one location, or the team can spread them out. This would be on the team to discuss pre-match, but if one (say COH) is active, then another survivor can't place the same boon elsewhere.
  • Allow survivors to cleanse boons (this is to pair with the above point)
  • for diversity, only allow the "core" survivor to get their perks at level 3 (same with killers) - this would reduce the grind, and also provide some survivor diversity. Basic perks can be level 3 across the board.
  • Notify the killer when a boon has overwritten their hex - perhaps with a lightning strike at the location? That would provide notification as well as information for the killer, and provide additional risk for the double-reward of destroying a hex and providing a boon.
  • QOL - allow the user to show their current bloodpoint total in the match, and the current rituals they're working on (this could be a toggle)
  • QOL - could we make it so that the available tome quests are all tracked like dailies? It's so disheartening when you get one done, only to realize you hadn't gone in and re-selected it. It also seems needless given that the game's so good at tracking the dailies without needing additional input
  • Expand the BP cap - with the excess grind, we really need to be able to stockpile some more points. it's taking too long for non-pro players to get the perks on the characters they want. Alternatively:
  • Allow us to pick the perks we want to spend BP on, and keep the random bloodweb for items/offerings/other. Tne pricing could be based on the perk rarity/quality and would allow users to get the perks they want with much less grind.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing your comments. I know I'm not the ultimate arbiter of the game, but I do still enjoy it and would like to continue enjoying it for years to come.

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

-moris might be interesting, but surivovrs can forget about free hatches with that change

-2 queues are not good idea. Queues are long enough already, why make it worse?

-CoH is not same as other boons for #########'s sake. This would be fine for CoH, noone cares about that, but it would destroy any other boon perk. For those you need to have multiple active boons, CoH you need just 1. Make nerfs that affect only CoH or just healing in general, not to a boon mechanic.

-another bad idea, you would create a survivor meta. I want to play my Jeff and his perks are useless. It would be really bad to fix perks to characters. Just let everyone play whatever they want without punishing them for it.

-Why? Just watch where are your hexes. You know boon is active and your perk got removed already...

-Hey that might be good thing. Don't really care about BP, but would help with farming more per game.

-That would mean you are doing all tomes at once and that would be just to easy.

-they don't want players to open everything same day it gets released. They want players to grind and play the game to get their perks. I don¨t like it, but I get it.

-kinda same as above. They don't want players to unlock everything fast.