FNAF Security Breach Increases William Afton's Chances?

Since Security Breach released could this give a bigger chance that William Afton will arrive in the realm soon and if he did do you think he'd come in with a legendary skin that turns him into Burntrap?

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,018

Scraptrap could also work as a skin. There's a lot of skin potential for Afton actually.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,020

Fnaf 1 Freddy should be the killer. Not Springtrap/William Afton. The series should be represented by its older games.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,020

That's completely fair. Freddy has been the icon for the series. Its in the title. Also this is subjective but I believe Freddy (and the original 4 all together) have more creepier designs than Fnaf 3 Springtrap. Imagine seeing Bonnie's uncanny face in the distance while doing a gen. I'd be so for that.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

it would be creepy yes Springtrap could also lean around corners since he does that to in FNAF 3 when he's at the office door

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

I thought I saw people crying saying the creator is right side donater and homophobic so this community doesn't want that. (saw on twitter, also don't think people should worry about his personal choices)

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

fnaf security breach rlly fun tho

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,609

I mean, you’re not wrong.

Still, I’m convinced if something like Silent Hill came out today, it’d see a similar type of following.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

There's already a bunch of kids playing this game as it is even without FNAF

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I've got to say that out of all the FNAF characters - William Afton (SpringTrap) seems to be the most likely candidate (due to BHVR not putting children in the game thus far).

• GentlemanFridge

You’re right about the homophobia “opinion”, that was poorly worded on my end. I’m not sure what else to call it within 2 words, though.

Again, though, at some point completely ceasing any and all relationships because they hold that “opinion” becomes nothing short of them serving time in prison. It can and has completely ruined people as well.

Whether that’s deserved… If they are in positions of actual power and have influenced others’ lives negatively themselves, by all means, yes. Beyond that seems to me like people seeking retribution for the sake of it. I’m not saying that they don’t deserve repercussions, but they have lives to live as well.

To that end, What has Scott really done? I feel like it’s vilifying (again, not sure if that’s the right word) him for something he didn’t even do himself. It was iffy for sure, and he did deserve the call-out, but do we really need to go that far?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Please no. FNAF is a series I hold close to my heart (I basically grew up with the franchise), but it would not fit in DBD.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I think its even worse, you help promote those views AND you get to keep face unless someone digs it and exposes you.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

God, repeated posts like this make hate FNAF, even if i've never play it.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

True. And at the same time he donated to the Trevor project and other pro-lgbt charities. So it seems he decided that while he's not personally homophobic, he's fine with people who are, so long as they help him pay less in taxes. (I.e. Typical wealthy bullshit)

• Travis_Bateman
    Travis_Bateman Member Posts: 279

FNAF is kinda cringe,especially the fanbase,don't know if it really fits into the game.

• GentlemanFridge

With all due respect, I personally doubt that, actually.

Besides, Trump’s not the only one he donated to.

As for the shift in topic, I had a post typed out, but then my log-in timed out and now it’s gone. Cba to type all that out again. Here’s the second part:

To use [ImmersedNurse’s] words, I think, when it comes to Scott, he was complicit to the donations’ receivers’ prejudices. I personally don’t think that equals him actually being homophobic. Should it be called out? Absolutely. But the reaction he got was disproportionate, in my opinion. That’s my point.

I should clarify that I’m really struggling to express myself here. If I offended anyone, I apologise.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

We don't really need a long drawn out political thing here, but that's a fairly simple accounting of his biggest anti-lgbt moves while in office.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Which is the other reason (overexposure and it being overhyped for a crappy jump scare franchise being the other) this would be a terrible crossover.

There's no way to avoid making it a political statement. One that, supposedly, goes very against BHVR's own expressed opinions.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,024

If anything it lowers the chances , that game is super underwhelming but visually gorgeous. Funny how the map bot is the only "scary" jumpscare.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I think if anything from this franchise ever gets in, it will be the title character and not the villain from the 3rd game or whatever. You need to generate buzz among the people who don't care about this franchise.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,926

nah if there were to be a fnaf killer it would 100% be william since if he wasnt a thing the older games wouldnt make sense to exist.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited January 2022

So, I do absolutely hate fnaf.

But, I will say this.

I think William Afton from SECURITY BREACH has a significantly higher chance of being entered than the Springtrap we mostly know.

The reasons why I say this is that he has a much cleaner and more gruesome look that actually has a walking animation as well.

Sure old Springtrap is easily recognizable, but this Springtrap is much more welcoming and terrifying. Plus, his story in addition to all the others would add up perfectly to have a decent backstory with a beginning and ending.

Edit: I forgot to mention this. I would be okay if they add this William Afton because I'm a big fan of their design.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Fair enough. I respect that stance. I even said I can kind of understand that in my original post; How LGBTQ+ people could feel betrayed, and feel like their money went to an anti-LGBTQ+ politician when they bought FNAF, since the developer supported said politicians. :)

I just wanted to understand the stance even better, and talking about something can help both sides realize things they may not have known before talking it out. It's...easy to get set in stone, when one can think 'This is how <x> works', and not realize there's nuance, know what I mean?

As an autistic; I run into that line of thinking ALLOT in myself, so I try to think up scenarios in discussions that force people (myself included) to think outside our, personal, set ideas.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Also very fair. See above post as well. :) (This did not alert me that you had replied until after I replied to ImmersedNurse).

Perfectly respectable points.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Damn, is this massive argument actually gonna peacefully?

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

FNAF is just a license that simply doesn't fit. You won't even get a FNAF killer. You'll just get a sad attempt and making FNAF in DBD instead of you know, the whole point of those chapters? The point is to add the characters. Not the entire franchise. This was the crucial mistake and what led to the failure that was Nemesis. Hadnothing to do with him but was just diet RE.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I've never played fnaf so I'm not qualified to comment

I enjoy Trickster and Legion so meh, I'm fairly open minded.

Isnt fnaf out of Scott's hands these days?