Just had the weirdest pyramid head game

So I was in a match with a pyramid head, and I’ve never seen anyone do this guy’s strat before? Every time he downed someone, he tormented everywhere and juggled them so they would be forced to wiggle out and run through it, then downed them again just so they could be caged instead of hooked. I thought maybe he was trying to avoid ds and borrowed, which is smart, (def annoying for us but really smart to be honest).

But then I realized at the end he just wanted to tunnel so he could get a mori, since he had the opportunity to go after the entire lobby but ignored us. I ended up kobying off a hook because he didn’t want my teammate to get away and hooked me instead of caging, but I felt bad for the other survivors I couldn’t save all because he played like this.

It was hella smart on his part, but was hella sucky for those who got hard tunnelled and couldn’t be saved with anti tunnel perks. It was on raccoon city, and so when everyone went down on a hall way when they were forced to wiggle off in his torment he just used his power to down again and cage. He never went for the uncager, even ignoring body blocks to go after the injuries save survivors because he knew they wouldn’t have bt or ds. I see how killers can hate these perks bc in some situations it’s abused, but times like these is where it can come in clutch.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

It could have also been for the achievement to cage 30 survivors or something like that.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

When I do that, it's because I'm trying to get the triangle head daily challenge. Sometimes you get survivors that really do not want to be tormented and it makes getting his daily a nightmare, so you can waste time forcing the issue for them.

Doing it legitimately isn't the best strat, since it wastes tons of time hooking each survivor, and you can't really camp cages the way you would hooks if hard tunneling is your angle. It's better to torment them, hook them, and then tunnel and cage/kill if that's your angle.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

Yeah, I’m not really mad bc that was a smart play to be fair, but it kind of blows he can by pass ds and borrowed and have no counters to tunnelling. Usually the whole play is to avoid his trails as much as possible so it’s harder to tunnel, but I don’t really see a way to get passed this when he can force you to run through it. The only real counter to avoiding this is just get gud. Just sucky when you get those killers who are set hard tunnelling. But it is what it is.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

Yeah I can understand that. It’s definitely a good strategy and I see how it’s really helpful :3 it just sucks a bit when you can’t use the only strong line of defense against tunnelling because of his ability. But it doesn’t happen often and a lot of pyramid head players don’t play like that unless they gotta so it’s no big deal, ggs to the lad. I can just see it being abused if more and more players decided to play him with that stray just so they could hard tunnel.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Thats definetly a... suboptimal way to play him, i'd put the torment on a loop, as to force the survivors to eat the torment or abandon the loop

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

This is why I always hold crouch if PH does that to me. Sucks for those trying to just get the daily done but I'd rather waste the time of the PH that's trying to make it easier for him to tunnel me out with a mori.