The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

please move the hatch standoff to the high priority list

Had a pretty decent game, hooked everyone twice and because the hatch is the way it is this guy now gets to get an automatic win because he made it to the hatch before i could down him.

please ######### do something about this. the more you delay the more it just emphasizes that you dont care about the killer's gameplay experience.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Next time slug the third. 
    Also i can totally sympathize with the survivor not going to give anything.
    Distressing, King addon and Unnerving Presence on that map is torture.
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    with a build like that on the game you better have had a good game
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Slug the second to last or just give it up.

2 pips with killer is practically guaranteed with a solid 3k game anyway.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

To the OP, the hatch is not currently on any list. The devs have specifically stated that they are not happy with the end game and are considering ways to change it. Once they are done, there may not even be a hatch. One thing is garaunteed though, no matter what changes are made, there will be a very vocal group that absolutely hates whatever changes are made.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Just remove the hatch. 
    It's unfair and only rewards failure. 

I can't understand survivors which defend the hatch like @Rebel_Raven
    Survivors played bad. The last survivor didn't deserve the escape. Yet he gets a free undeserved escape. 
    What if 4 survivors play good, complete all gens, are about to escape and the gate closes after 3 survivors left? Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Would you like that system?

Thank you for not calling me a survivor main. :P
    I enjoy playing killer when I can.

I defend the hatch because what I said is true. If the hatch ever opens, it's either through an extremely rare key, or it's because the Killer opened it by sacrificing the 3rd. AKA it's often the fault of the killer entirely. A killer that just eats up survivors without stopping, and thinking. Lazy. No strategy. At best, maybe an honest mistake. One the killer has to fix, or pay for.

Not everyone that gets the hatch is some immersed survivor hiding in the corner of the map until the hatch opens.
    When I play survivor, I do everything in my power to do gens, save people if needed, buy time however I can, etc. Does that make me a bad survivor?
    You gunna make me pay for the other 3 not pulling their weight? Or even other two? 2 bad survivors can screw it up for the whole team.
    My rank 11 solo ass was the last to die vs a rank 2 killer in one of the most lopsided trials I've ever been in. Because the wraith slugged the last 2 of us.

You need so much help that you're going to make me finish the rest of the gens, and open the gate as the last person standing? You aren't entitled to that. That's hardly fair, and I'm pretty sure anyone would realize that. These requests often come from people who are 4k crazy.

I don't complain that I, and another get slugged at the end of the match denying the hatch.
    One guy did a dick move, and lost my slugged ass, camped the hatch, grabbed me, and dropped me away from the hatch to bleed out, but I didn't come to complain about that.

You're comparing apples and oranges with your killing 1/4 the survivors that played well.
    If the killer played well, they'd have stopped to consider the hatch, and have prevented the hatch play, or had some plan to stop the last survivor from making it there. They didn't so they pay for their error. As someone that loves playing killer, I accept this. I've kicked myself plenty for letting the hatch open, but I stopped it plenty, too.

Every time I hear about people complaining about the hatch, a killer's quote keeps popping into mind:
    "I should have known you wouldn't stop killing! You're like a big, stupid dog who can't stop eating...even though your master says you've had enough!!!"
    -Pamela Voorhees/Freddy Krueger
    Course I don't mean it as mean as that.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Tsulan said:
    Just remove the hatch. 

Survivors played bad. The last survivor didn't deserve the escape. Yet he gets a free undeserved escape. 
    What if 4 survivors play good, complete all gens, are about to escape and the gate closes after 3 survivors left? Giving the killer a free undeserved kill. Would you like that system?

I defend the hatch because what I said is true. If the hatch ever opens, it's either through an extremely rare key, or it's because the Killer opened it by sacrificing the 3rd. AKA it's often the fault of the killer entirely. A killer that just eats up survivors without stopping, and thinking. Lazy. No strategy. At best, maybe an honest mistake. One the killer has to fix, or pay for.

Not everyone that gets the hatch is some immersed survivor hiding in the corner of the map until the hatch opens.
    When I play survivor, I do everything in my power to do gens, save people if needed, buy time however I can, etc. Does that make me a bad survivor?
    You gunna make me pay for the other 3 not pulling their weight? Or even other two? 2 bad survivors can screw it up for the whole team.
    My rank 11 solo ass was the last to die vs a rank 2 killer in one of the most lopsided trials I've ever been in. Because the wraith slugged the last 2 of us.

You need so much help that you're going to make me finish the rest of the gens, and open the gate as the last person standing? You aren't entitled to that. That's hardly fair, and I'm pretty sure anyone would realize that. These requests often come from people who are 4k crazy.

I don't complain that I, and another get slugged at the end of the match denying the hatch.
    One guy did a dick move, and lost my slugged ass, camped the hatch, grabbed me, and dropped me away from the hatch to bleed out, but I didn't come to complain about that.

You're comparing apples and oranges with your killing 1/4 the survivors that played well.
    If the killer played well, they'd have stopped to consider the hatch, and have prevented the hatch play, or had some plan to stop the last survivor from making it there. They didn't so they pay for their error. As someone that loves playing killer, I accept this. I've kicked myself plenty for letting the hatch open, but I stopped it plenty, too.

Every time I hear about people complaining about the hatch, a killer's quote keeps popping into mind:
    "I should have known you wouldn't stop killing! You're like a big, stupid dog who can't stop eating...even though your master says you've had enough!!!"

Hatch only exists to avoid game hostage situations. 
    Sadly with how our community works, there would be more than enough survivors which would hold the game hostage,  just to punish the killer. 

The only "solutions" against hatch standoffs people have come up with, are to slug the last 2 survivors. Slugging... no one likes slugging. Because it's boring for both sides. 
    And what's worse, it puts the killer under even more pressure. As if he doesn't has already enough of that.
  • Rebel_Raven

@Tsulan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

@Tsulan said:

Just remove the hatch. 

Sadly with how our community works, there would be more than enough survivors which would hold the game hostage,  just to punish the killer. 

The only "solutions" against hatch standoffs people have come up with, are to slug the last 2 survivors. Slugging... no one likes slugging. Because it's boring for both sides. 
    And what's worse, it puts the killer under even more pressure. As if he doesn't has already enough of that.

How do you figure it only exists to avoid hostage situations?
    I've had plenty of survivors get ballsy and try for the hatch long after the gates were open extending the game unnecessarily.
    The killer making the last survivor finish everything left, or die trying maybe?
    I mean I can kinda see your point, but I'd rather not assume it all.

Slugging can go by quick sometimes. I guess it can draw out the game a lot, too if the killer gets unlucky, and loses someone, or the last 2 are hard to slug for some reason. Had a very long match where the wraith had problems keeping us both down.

Still, most times, slugging goes by quick in my experience. Altruism, and all.
    Yeah, it's not great, but in looking for a better alternative, lets not basically serve up the 4th on a silver platter. They may have done well, and got dragged down. Of course they could also be massive potatoes, and not really deserve to stand on the corpses of the other 3 to escape.

The hatch standoff in itself is annoying, though. I usually just try to do other gens if I can't beat the killer there, or get killed, or something. If I'm the killer, I'll try not to prolong it by patrolling. Unfortunately the survivor looking for it is usually making the game last longer than it needs to.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Tsulan said:

No, instead of serving the 4th kill on a silver platter, we serve the escape on a silver platter, and even award more points. 

Killer did everything right. He applied pressure, he caught everyone, but the last one gets the escape and writes "gg ez", while he totals 11k points. 

Yes, truly a deserved victory for that survivor. 

Mortal kombat: one player is about to get a perfect win... naaa, let's call it a draw.

CoD: one team completely destroyed the other team... but little timmy from the losing team still gets his match won screen. With his k/d ratio of 0/30...

They know no worries.

They will just disingenuously pretend they don't understand.

In order to keep their usual unfair advantages.

Doesn't matter which subject, when you read their "arguments" You can nearly ALWAYS summarize them by :

"Why so rude ? Let him win, don't be so mean you freakin' try-hard ! Do you really NEED to kill everyone ?"

See how ridiculous it look ?

They still get away with it since release sadly.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Giche said:

@Tsulan said:

No, instead of serving the 4th kill on a silver platter, we serve the escape on a silver platter, and even award more points. 

Killer did everything right. He applied pressure, he caught everyone, but the last one gets the escape and writes "gg ez", while he totals 11k points. 

Mortal kombat: one player is about to get a perfect win... naaa, let's call it a draw.

CoD: one team completely destroyed the other team... but little timmy from the losing team still gets his match won screen. With his k/d ratio of 0/30...

They know no worries.

Doesn't matter which subject, when you read their "arguments" You can nearly ALWAYS summarize them by :

"Why so rude ? Let him win, don't be so mean you freakin' try-hard ! Do you really NEED to kill everyone ?"

kinda agree with cliche

Still totally disagree with tsulan. How can you compare a 1v1 game and team vs team SYMMETRICAL game to DbD, an ASYMMETRICAL game? Just to fit your narrative?

The hatch in order to open needs : n' of survivors alive +1 gens done. Its not a perfect system as even devs acknowledge and are looking for changes. This is to ensure for example, you are a survivor who have done 2 genes, you survived but 3 of your Special team mates get downed and killed for being altruistic in a special way. You deserve to die for their mistake? I guess not

As said isn't a perfect system and I loved when they announced that killer could close it but since they haven't done it I guess it didn't worked out. As many sale before, just slug the third, sometimes you might not find the guy anyway if super immersed but still. Sometimes in the other hand you can 4k if you like killing one person and slug 3 of them, which is a more reliable tactic to get a 4k and no hatch

Just strategies and you'll see way less hatch games overall
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

there should be a killer offering to close the hatch for x time when find it, to balance the surv's keys

• Malakir

there should be a killer offering to close the hatch for x time when find it, to balance the surv's keys

See? I like this idea. A ultra rare like the key to close it. Its part of the preparation with its risks, since somebody could have a key, find the hatch before you or just do gens and leave so its like a bet, on yourself
  • Tsulan
    Malakir said:
    Giche said:

@Tsulan said:

They know no worries.

kinda agree with cliche

Still totally disagree with tsulan. How can you compare a 1v1 game and team vs team SYMMETRICAL game to DbD, an ASYMMETRICAL game? Just to fit your narrative?

The hatch in order to open needs : n' of survivors alive +1 gens done. Its not a perfect system as even devs acknowledge and are looking for changes. This is to ensure for example, you are a survivor who have done 2 genes, you survived but 3 of your Special team mates get downed and killed for being altruistic in a special way. You deserve to die for their mistake? I guess not

As said isn't a perfect system and I loved when they announced that killer could close it but since they haven't done it I guess it didn't worked out. As many sale before, just slug the third, sometimes you might not find the guy anyway if super immersed but still. Sometimes in the other hand you can 4k if you like killing one person and slug 3 of them, which is a more reliable tactic to get a 4k and no hatch

Yes, it's a asymmetrical game. 4 players should be barely as strong as the 1 player who opposes them. Yet we have a power lvl where it's almost a 1vs1. A Survivor can equip insta heal, DS, SC, Lithe and Unbreakable. With this setup he can drag out the game and even slugging him won't help the killer. 

Most people forget that it's a PvP game. Giving the losing team a special treatment and even handing a win to a player of the losing team. Show me 1 game that does the same.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    @Tsulan , aside from endgame being dragged on for too long (if no hatch, who would dare doing gens against a Billy?), hatch is there to make a 4K significantly harder than a 3K. You talk about "deserving" that last kill, but there is no such thing. The last guy may have been doing nothing the whole game, or could have carried his whole team on his back. It doesn't matter. You gotta do an extra effort to get that fourth (and yes, you need some luck too). And like others said, 3K is good enough.

On the other hand, a little playing around with hatch would be welcome. An offering like someone said above, to close it, or a new killer perk that spawns fake hatches.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    You're not entitled to the 4th kill.

There's ways to stop hatch plays cold, like slugging the last 2, knowing where the hatch is and intercepting, and such.

The killer is more responsible for opening the hatch than the survivor.

All it takes is one DC from a Survive With Friends team and there's absolutely nothing the Killer can do about it.

Report them so they get nailed.

The Survivor also isn't entitled to the Hatch escape.

Neither side is entitled at all except those wanting their side to benefit.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited November 2018

@powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

There's ways to stop hatch plays cold, like slugging the last 2, knowing where the hatch is and intercepting, and such.

All it takes is one DC from a Survive With Friends team and there's absolutely nothing the Killer can do about it.

Report them so they get nailed.

Neither side is entitled at all except those wanting their side to benefit.

DCs can't be reported.

But one side has alternative objectives that could be done instead, the other doesn't.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    You know the best way to stop a hatch standoff?

Leave the hatch.  
  • Malakir
    Tsulan said:
    Malakir said:
    Giche said:

@Tsulan said:

They know no worries.

kinda agree with cliche

Yes, it's a asymmetrical game. 4 players should be barely as strong as the 1 player who opposes them. Yet we have a power lvl where it's almost a 1vs1. A Survivor can equip insta heal, DS, SC, Lithe and Unbreakable. With this setup he can drag out the game and even slugging him won't help the killer. 

Most people forget that it's a PvP game. Giving the losing team a special treatment and even handing a win to a player of the losing team. Show me 1 game that does the same.
    You still twisting my words or just don't understand.

I said its dumb as fk compare dbd to cod or fighter game X and you just started to talk about DS and insta heals which in many occasion on this forum I said its just a free escape and dumb

In this same thread I explained how hatch works and its necessary in some instance but can be abused and need a fix as well as the end game itself so.. What are we disagreeing at? You just keep throwing random stuff to Gish gallop and make your point valid when I already said it actually is 

I seriously don't get it. Did you at least read what I wrote?

Sorry but you look very stupid right now to me. I said everything thread related and you put in herr random stuff that have nothing to do just to prove a point without giving a solution just criticism.

What's your point?
  • Rebel_Raven
    edited November 2018
    Tsulan said:

@Tsulan said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

@Tsulan said:

Just remove the hatch. 

How do you figure it only exists to avoid hostage situations?
    I've had plenty of survivors get ballsy and try for the hatch long after the gates were open extending the game unnecessarily.
    The killer making the last survivor finish everything left, or die trying maybe?
    I mean I can kinda see your point, but I'd rather not assume it all.

Slugging can go by quick sometimes. I guess it can draw out the game a lot, too if the killer gets unlucky, and loses someone, or the last 2 are hard to slug for some reason. Had a very long match where the wraith had problems keeping us both down.

Still, most times, slugging goes by quick in my experience. Altruism, and all.
    Yeah, it's not great, but in looking for a better alternative, lets not basically serve up the 4th on a silver platter. They may have done well, and got dragged down. Of course they could also be massive potatoes, and not really deserve to stand on the corpses of the other 3 to escape.

The hatch standoff in itself is annoying, though. I usually just try to do other gens if I can't beat the killer there, or get killed, or something. If I'm the killer, I'll try not to prolong it by patrolling. Unfortunately the survivor looking for it is usually making the game last longer than it needs to.

Yeah, the killer does serve it up by letting the hatch open at all and having no plan for it. That isn't doing everything right. It just isn't. 
    Killers control the hatch. If they open it, it's on them. 

Even if one person has the perk to stand up, it takes time to do that. 
    And that still means 2 people are alive and the hatch is closed. Find the hatch, and zone them away. 

Even if a survivor has a key, they can't use it until certain requirements are met, and they have to survive that long. 

Your examples are all screwy. It's more like your CoD team treating capture the flag like a death match and ignoring the sneaky guy moving the flag to score enough points to win. 

It's like the MK player winning most of the match, getting cocky, then getting beaten down because they screwed up. 

You aren't playing perfectly. You just think you are, and letting your ego get in the way. Then when your mistake becomes apparent and the tables SLIGHTLY turn, because you know, you still have 3 kills (or let enough people escape) you lose your perfect score. 

You're going to sit there, and demand any fighting chance a person has be stripped away because you partially won? 

Hell, if you're playing "perfectly" there would be 5 gens left to be done and then hatch couldn't open at all even with 3 dead.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@altruistic said:

Leave the hatch.  

Because the survivor won't just keep standing there, enlightened by his victory..
    Survivors in general are douche-nuggets.

• DocOctober

@Rebel_Raven said:
    DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Sure there is. Slug the 4th. Hook the 4th.
    That strat only works if they know where the hatch is, and can get to it first.

The survivor doesn't get entitled to it. They still have to live long enough to find it, and get through it. 
    Effin'A the killer even has a chance to grab a survivor like they were going through a window and stop the hatch play.
    It's still a battle.

Which doesn't work in my scenario.

• Brot
    Brot Member Posts: 6

If the hatch opens it's not a free escape. Its not free because they did something for it, they did 2 gens. And if you can't prevent the survivors from doing those 2 gens you obviously didnt do everything perfectly as killer and you maybe dont deserve 4 kills.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    The hatch stand off can only happen when two people are too stubborn to just let it go and move on.

To the others complaining the hatch should be removed.

The hatch fits in with the lore given that last person hope for the entity to feed off.

It stops hostage situations or simply cuts down a long ass game, by design its to end the game quicker, that is untill you get two people who think living or that last kill must happen.

Its also about balance, solo players have no control over who they are matched with, if your team does nothing and you do two gens, save and escape the killer while the others constantly go down that's not the solo players fault.

Yes it needs a rework so its equally balanced which they are working on, until then either jump in or leave them at the hatch, no point complaining when it's a choice your making to waste your own time when you could be playing another match gaining more kills, escapes and BP's.
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    se05239 said:

@altruistic said:

Leave the hatch.  

Because the survivor won't just keep standing there, enlightened by his victory..
    Survivors in general are douche-nuggets.

That pesky Survivor trying to survive.  What a meanie! 
  • Rebel_Raven

@Rebel_Raven said:
    DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

The survivor doesn't get entitled to it. They still have to live long enough to find it, and get through it. 
    Effin'A the killer even has a chance to grab a survivor like they were going through a window and stop the hatch play.
    It's still a battle.

How the hell not? Kill the 4th person.
    They need to know where the hatch is.

They may abuse the system to open the hatch, but it's not an instant loss.

You still get quitter bonus. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

And the survivor isn't entitled to an escapeso both players stand afk doing nothing. Do you really believe that this is a good mechanic? 
  • Rebel_Raven
    edited November 2018
    Master said:

And the survivor isn't entitled to an escapeso both players stand afk doing nothing. Do you really believe that this is a good mechanic? 
    It's an escape they have to work for. And some might have worked harder than others.
    I can't count how many times I desperately worked through 2 gens because the other 3 survivors were being slaughtered. 

Do you really think it's a good mechanic to force the survivor to do 2 or 3 more gens while being tunneled mercilessly by the killer?
    Do you really think bad sports will stick around for that? 
    Is that your alternative? 

I can't help it if survivors won't go do gens while the killer camps. The killer then has a decision to make. Risk the gates being powered, or leave the hatch creating an opportunity for the survivor to make a hatch play. 

And again, the killer can grab the survivor when they try to jump in. The killer can bait them to try. 
    Or the survivor can try to bait the killer into hitting them and escaping while the killer wipes their blade.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited November 2018

I would like it if the devs would implement the close hatch feature at some point in the near future. I liked how if the killer found in first he could simply slam it shut and then the two exit gates would automatically power leaving the survivor with a chance to survive while also circumventing the bullshit of the standoff.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Are you really complaining about something that can be countered? Good job OP, next time slug and kill.
  • Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124

So.....you didnt know that the hatch would spawn when you sacrificed the third person? I cant hardly believe that. You knew and you hanged anyway, letting the hatch come into play.

And also, when i play survivor, i seem to encounter a lot of teammates that are just more interested in trolling, doing nothing, or sit in a corner all day. In the first instances, the killer gets easy kills. So why would you in that case be entitled to the 4th kill? In what horror film, doesnt always one person survive?
    Its an asymmetric game, but that doesnt mean you are entitled to a 4k always.

Also, for me the basement is the equivalent of the hatch for killers. Its a free escape for killers who play bad and dont know any tactics except camping the basement. how are those deserved kills? Isnt that the free escape too for a bad killer?

With the hatch, a killer has control if it spawns or not. A survivor has no saying in being brought down to the basement and be camped to death by a bad killer.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

i agree with this problem however in a hatch standoff if i am sure the survivor is NOT a sfw group and just a solol i have no problem picking him up and dropping him on the hatch but if it is someone whos friends spam we with let him have the hatch so we can go you can bet ill take my sweet ass time

• Tsulan
    @Tsulan , aside from endgame being dragged on for too long (if no hatch, who would dare doing gens against a Billy?), hatch is there to make a 4K significantly harder than a 3K. You talk about "deserving" that last kill, but there is no such thing. The last guy may have been doing nothing the whole game, or could have carried his whole team on his back. It doesn't matter. You gotta do an extra effort to get that fourth (and yes, you need some luck too). And like others said, 3K is good enough.

On the other hand, a little playing around with hatch would be welcome. An offering like someone said above, to close it, or a new killer perk that spawns fake hatches.
    You quote me wrong. I never claimed that the killer deserves a 4k. I only said that the survivor shouldn't deserve that free escape. 
    Big difference!
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Tsulan said:
    George_Soros said:

You quote me wrong. I never claimed that the killer deserves a 4k. I only said that the survivor shouldn't deserve that free escape. 
    Big difference!

only solo survivors deserve hatch

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The solution to the Hatch standoff is simple. Bring back the Hatch closing mechanic from the 2.0.0 PTB, give Survivors a base Left Behind effect so they have a chance to repair a gen and reopen the Hatch, and let the Killer see the Survivor's aura at an unlimited range after X seconds if the Survivor hasn't tried to repair a gen to prevent them from holding the game hostage.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the hatch? I mean, it's not that I don't try to get the 4k but if it doesn't work I accept the 3k, and if I can catch the last one that's nice, otherwise gg. Destroying the team and forcing the last to use the "backup plan" is still a significant victory.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Holy ######### another Hatch Standoff thread. Dude for the love of God... You don't always have to 4K. 3 kills is good enough and it saves you so much time just letting them escape. If you want the 4K just slug the second to last survivor. If you performed great in the game as killer and only got 3 kills you can still double pip, I've done it many times.
  • HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:

Survivors also shouldn't be entitled to free escapes due to ######### game mechanics.

And if the slugged survivor DCs to give the hatch? Or if the last survivor knows where the hatch is also and you are playing a killer that isn't blessed with an insta-down? Because on most maps against most killers a survivor can be hit once then run in a straight line from nearly one end of the map to the other before a survivor can be hit twice.

But because both the survivor and killer know where the hatch is, the killer should insta-lose? Because Survivors are supposed to be more powerful than killers in 1v1s, right? Nevermind that the killer just found, hit twice, and hooked all 3 of your teammates multiple times until they were all dead; you happened to wonder across the hatch right before you hopped into a locker, clearly you deserve this win.

And then you run into the crux of the problem; The hatch standoff is admittedly (by the devs themselves) a terrible mechanic that has been in the game for over 2 years, since the game's release, and has not been touched once. It was in the game when Sprint Burst was on a 20 second cooldown with no exhaustion and could thus be used multiple times in a chase, in a time when there were legitimate infinites with no window blockers, no bloodlust, and Killers vaulted twice as slow as they do now while every single vault a survivor took was a fast vault. A time when BNP = instantly completed generator by pressing the space bar.

And the hatch mechanics have not been touched once. That should say enough about the situation. It simply does not stand the test of time when everything else in the game has had some sort of attempt at a balance adjustment.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    Just remove the hatch. 

The killer isn't entitled to a free 4th killer no matter how much you and the other killer mains on here say they are. The same is true of the survivors on here, it belongs to whomever wins it and Gideon with those addons as a survivor I'm not giving that killer anything.

If were going to talk about rewarding failure then get rid of NOED and don't give me cleanse the totems nonsense since against some killers/map combos that isn't always possible. Why not also get rid of Doctors addons that let him get free kills on Gideons because it goes through the floors and ceilings?

Why not stop there why not just get rid of everything both sides addons and perks and then let both sides play like that with no map offerings either. No hatch, no addons, no perks of any kind, no map offerings.

So a survivor who sat in a corner with their finger up their ass and did nothing all game deserves the hatch?

Also "Why not also get rid of Doctors addons that let him get free kills on Gideons because it goes through the floors and ceilings?" Those addons were made before Gideons came out, so that argument is automatically defunct.

• DocOctober

@Rebel_Raven said:
    DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

DocOctober said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

The killer is  more responsible for opening the hatch than the survivor.

It's still a battle.

How the hell not? Kill the 4th person.
    They need to know where the hatch is.

They may abuse the system to open the hatch, but it's not an instant loss.

You still get quitter bonus. 

Would you mind reading stuff properly? The Survivor knew where the hatch was and was there, only waiting for their SWF buddy to DC. Both knew the hatch location and as soon as it opened, the remaining Survivor came around the corner. I can't kill them then as they would jump into the Hatch during the attack cool-down.

Seriously, at this point, this is how you guys act:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9beE0fWMyow