Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Did anyone get banned for using colored perks icons?

I really want to start using them again but i'm scared for the "EAC might ban you" thing

Best Answers

Answers

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

As for any file editing, I wouldn't try it.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

@Runiver said:

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Zanfer said:

@Runiver said:

It real isn't file editing, you are just replacing old icons with new ones. Like taking a picture that has the same name and replacing it with a new one

Now if you added pictures or removed them from the file than you are messing with the game.

It's kinda like saying that replacing musics in the game is fine (even full muted musics) because it's simply "replacing" and not "adding" or "deleting". (Even tho musics do have more impact on the gameplay than pictures ofc)
    Very debatable.
    I wouldn't try it.
    The day any anti-cheat software will get updated and suddendly detect a file difference, you might just get insta-banned.
    You'd better simply have a legit game.
    Tho, it's up to your own risks.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Runiver said:

@Zanfer said:

@Runiver said:

It real isn't file editing, you are just replacing old icons with new ones. Like taking a picture that has the same name and replacing it with a new one

Now if you added pictures or removed them from the file than you are messing with the game.

It's kinda like saying that replacing musics in the game is fine (even full muted musics) because it's simply "replacing" and not "adding" or "deleting". (Even tho musics do have more impact on the gameplay than pictures ofc)
    Very debatable.
    I wouldn't try it.
    The day any anti-cheat software will get updated and suddendly detect a file difference, you might just get insta-banned.

I agree it is all about the risk, but you never know till you try huh.

Yeah music is very different. I know what you mean though :)

• Zanfer

@DocOctober said:
    It's not explicitly bannable, but should EAC, for whatever reason, detect it as file editing and ban you for it, you're on your own, the devs won't help you get unbanned.

I don't understand why I would be banned for it cause it doesn't give me an unfair advantage against any other player playing dbd.

Now if I changed music or stuff like that it is up to debate, but I don't go that far.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

It's not like you're gonna look at your perks in game andbe like " wowz Me gots sum Noice perks!" Most of the time you're gonna be either chasing that pizza dwight ( which is so much better looking than any perk( pretty soon pink ace and shirtless david too)) or checking skill checks. Don't understand why'd you even want to change icon color

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Zanfer said:

@DocOctober said:
    It's not explicitly bannable, but should EAC, for whatever reason, detect it as file editing and ban you for it, you're on your own, the devs won't help you get unbanned.

I don't understand why I would be banned for it cause it doesn't give me an unfair advantage against any other player playing dbd.

Now if I changed music or stuff like that it is up to debate, but I don't go that far.

As I said, it's not explicitly bannable, but it could be that for whatever weird reason EAC might flag it as cheating one day.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I wouldn't put anything past EAC given it kicks you from lobbies all the time because the host has issues.

• DaddyJesus
    DaddyJesus Member Posts: 2

@Runiver said:

@Zanfer said:

@Runiver said:

Very debatable.
    I wouldn't try it.

Here is the thing with that tho. It cant detect it cause your are putting it in the same file name. And waht eac basically does is check the base game files and compare it to your game files. So if you somehow do ######### up your file names and EAC notices it, u will get banned.But if you do put it in correct file anme and replace it, I dont think EAC will notice it. I thasnt noticed it for me

• Zanfer

@DaddyJesus said:

@Runiver said:

@Zanfer said:

@Runiver said:

Very debatable.
    I wouldn't try it.

Here is the thing with that tho. It cant detect it cause your are putting it in the same file name. And waht eac basically does is check the base game files and compare it to your game files. So if you somehow do [BAD WORD] up your file names and EAC notices it, u will get banned.But if you do put it in correct file anme and replace it, I dont think EAC will notice it. I thasnt noticed it for me

Yeah exactly true

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@DaddyJesus said:
    Here is the thing with that tho. It cant detect it cause your are putting it in the same file name. And waht eac basically does is check the base game files and compare it to your game files. So if you somehow do [BAD WORD] up your file names and EAC notices it, u will get banned.But if you do put it in correct file anme and replace it, I dont think EAC will notice it. I thasnt noticed it for me

mmmmm... WHAT?

So... Are you saying that the Devs from DBD didn't put in a hardcoded filenames for the icon files?....

Are you saying that if you don't put in the proper name... DBD will still load it up... but you risk EAC saying... No you changed that filename?

Maybe... I could understand that if EAC was hardset on the capitalization of the filename.. So if someone named the file adaBB.png compared to ADAbb.png.... But... Do you think it does? Logically do you think it does?

Here is what EAC could do.. Not sure if it does cause I don't know the internals of EAC...

It could take the filedate, filesize and filename of the original created file from the Devs and use that to compare to local files. Filedate would be difficult and probably not reliable... You might just ban someone for no real reason.

It could also generate some sort of HASH number based on the data of the file. This could be done by the Devs at creation... Then EAC could verify the contents of files, so even changing 1 bit in the file would produce a different HASH number.

See that stuff... To me seems more logical.. If they went that deep in checking the integrity of files. However... Changing the file name?... Unless BHVR did some magic trick that can tell one icon from another from any randomly generated filename.... You change that filename, you most likely won't see the perk icon even show up in the game.

If you think that EAC would have any issue detecting changing the contents of an image file you are sadly mistaken. How do you think it detects changes in game files were you could change the Clown to wearing to tutu.

I just don't understand where the filename part comes in.. you don't name the file correctly you'll be breaking DBD.

Anything is possible though.