The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bloodweb

What changes to the blooodweb would you guys make to make it easier to level up?

Comments

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54

I would slim down the offerings in the blood web like removing mist offerings, luck offerings, and either hook offerings or map offerings. I would also increase amount of how often multiple perks can be taken per bloodweb and reduce the size/cost of each bloodweb

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The devs did mention they are already working on a way to reduce bloodpoint "grind" for the long term but didn't go into specifics, other than that it's more than simply removing tier levels from perks (which they said would be a short term mitigation but as new characters are added each chapter the problem would reappear so they're looking for something that will work more permanently).

Off the top of my head, some things that could make spending bloodpoints more efficient would be:

• Allow people to sell unwanted things back at, say, 1/2 or 1/3 the original price.
    • Instead of putting specific individual perks in the bloodweb nodes, put a generic "Perk" token that when you buy it lets you pick any perk you've unlocked

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Add spiders to the bloodweb. They'll web up 1/3rd of the bloodweb, while the Entity consumes like normal.

If you beeline it you're guaranteed one or two perks or an ultra rare, but if you linger on the bloodweb screen then spiders jump out of your screen and start running around your house.

• FixtionuL

I do think removing perk tiers is the best thing before a total permanent solution is implemented. It's taken 6ish years to get to the amount of perks we are at. So remove 2/3rds of the grind and it would take like 12 years to get back to where we are at. Only 3 new perks per role instead of 9 perk tiers.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Removing perk tiers..........

• gilgamer

It would actually take almost 16 years since the game came with around 50 to 60 perks and bhvr hasn't been releasing killers and chapters every 3 months for its entire history but now that they do release roughly 6 perks every 3 months it'd take like 15.9 years to catch up to the current perk count now.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited January 2022
    1. Remove perk tiers. It would reduce the grind by 66% and make balancing perks easier (no more discordance situations)
    2. Reduce the clutter of luck/BP offerings by making them 1 rarity only (Purple for luck and green for BP)
    3. reduce the price across the board by 1000 BP per tier (So browns are 2000, Yellow 3000 etc)
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Removing Luck offerings (Cause they're useless) and Come up with a Market to sell things you don't want and combine BP offerings for better ones

• FixtionuL

I knew it was somewhere over 10 years. I couldn't think of the exact number of perks and didn't factor in base release perks. Either way it would take a lot longer than the devs seem to make it sound.

I do think it would be a fair amount of work to basically redo bloodwebs but who knows how good their solution will end up being.

• gilgamer

They wouldn't really even need to redo the blood web that much to remove perk tiers since perk spawns would stay the same just fewer of them.

Also there are currently 191 perks according to the wiki, that's 573 perk tiers to max out just 1 survivor and 1 killer. that 15.9 years number is also based on if bhvr releases 6 perks every chapter or averages out to 6 perks per chapter so its not an exact number, regardless though I highly, HIGHLY doubt this game will still be supported let alone popular come even 10 years down the line so the bs about it not being a permanent solution is a horrible excuse imo.