Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devour of Hope question

ProfD
ProfD Member Posts: 18
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

can devour kill on it's 3rd token? because I got exposed status (which means 3rd token) got enabled on me, there was no other hooked survivors that were getting unhooked for 2 more tokens and as soon as I got downed, the killer was able to mori me. I find this weird af and no there was no mori offering, no other things addons, etc that would make the killer able to mori, me just devour of hope itself.

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

If it wasnt Mori or Rancor, then its probably bug.

You can mori with Devour only with 5 tokens

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

It might not necessarily have been the 3rd Token. Special attacks do not proc the Exposed status, and unless it was changed, they won't show you it either. You can use this to your benefit when running Killers like Huntress or Nemesis who have the ability to injure and down with their special attacks.

I've run it on Huntress a few times and didn't go in for the axe until I had 5 tokens and could immediately Mori a Survivor. It is pretty amusing, but can generate some salt post-game.

• ProfD

in my case it was a pig, you may ask if i had a trap blabla, it was clearly nothing of those, the game had only 3 hooks, i didn't have a trap on my head, i was fully healed and the exposed status turned on as soon as she hit me, not to mention she hit me over a pallet, i just smell something wrong with that killer which i reported but just wanted to make sure if she could anyhow kill me on 3 tokens of devour

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706
    edited January 2022

Just because it got shown to you that you were exposed doesn’t mean there were exactly 3 tokens; there could be more if the killer didn’t hit anyone since getting 3.

That said, devour will generally be revealed by most special attacks (there are a few exceptions) even if they don’t instadown you, but you can hide it if you avoid attacking survivors (eg. pull someone out of a locker or get vault grabs). (NOED however only shows on basic attacks.)

If you’re sure the killer couldn’t have possibly had 5 tokens/there weren’t even 5 hooks yet and there was no mori offering or rancor then it’s either a bug or a hacker.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Did the killer have the perk "rancor" and were the gates already powered?

Rancor let's you kill your obsession once the gates are powered.

• ProfD

no it was in the middle of the match, we only had 3 hooks in total as survivors and 2 gens left, he didn't have rancor as a perk

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Did you play against a Pyramid Head?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Then I dont know of any way to kill the Survivor.

Basically there are only Devour Hope with 5 stacks, Rancor, a Mori-Offering or Pyramid Heads Mini-Mori. But when not using a Mori-Offering or Rancor, only having 3 Hooks (and therefore 3 Unhooks) in total AND going against a Pig, there should be no way to kill someone.

So at this point, it could be a Bug or Hacking.

• ProfD
  • KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

Yea probably cheating and using devour as a decoy. A lot of us don’t pay attention or don’t know it’s 5 tokens to kill with devour. I actually don’t remember until AFTER whoever is first to get downed (myself included) by it, is placed on hook. Then I’m like oh yea, they need another token or two. Cheaters prob bank on that.