Who brought Pinhead here?

Options
DoritoHead
DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

So, Pinhead's lore page says that he was brought to the entity's realm when the Lament Configuration fell into curious hands.

Do you have any headcanons to who that could be?

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Well based on the trailer, it was Dwight accidentally opening it while fumbling for his glasses. 🤷‍♂️

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Dwight made Pinhead come.

• DoritoHead
    Options

The only reason I don't 100% think it's Dwight is because that happened within a trial, so pinhead could have just teleported to him.

Although, It'd be funny if someone like Bubba just walked in on Pinhead.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

The box can't be accidentally opened. According to the films you have to open it with desire. In the second film it was [spoiler]Channard's desire that Cenobites were drawn to, which is why Tiffany didn't get hooked when she opened it.[/spoiler]

Which survivor could be the kind of person seeking extreme unworldly pleasures? Dwight doesn't seem a good fit.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,468
    Options

Speculation, but i see two possibilities here.

It's either a Survivor who we don't know of, who took it with them when they got snatched by the Entity.

or

The Lament Configuration was taken into the fog by the Entity itself because it might have sensed the power within the box.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

From what i belive, the entity was interested in the cenobites but it couldn't go to hell to take them, so it placed a box here ,modified and waited for someone to open it, since the box was modified he can't go back.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    Options

Makes sense for it to be Ace, as a gambler that he is i see it as a good fit

• DoritoHead
    Options

I wouldn't put it past that Hex Offender to summon Pinhead

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Lmao

I like this idea a lot actually, fits with her character lol.

• GreaseFace
    GreaseFace Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2022
    Options

Probably the fog took the box and a survivor ended up solving it. I imagine the cenobites are well aware of what the entity is and what the rules for the trials are. They probably enjoy the game.

Edit- It was probably opened by that guy who made invader zim. He seems pretty smart.

• GreaseFace
    GreaseFace Member Posts: 39
    Options

OMG imagine Victor just snatching it and furiously trying to solve it before his sis stops him.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Probably the guy at the very end of the original Hellraiser

Which I suspect might have been a time-traveling Clive Barker who'd rather have Pinhead in DbD than in the horrendous sequels of the movie.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,052
    Options

Or taking it herself and they start fighting over it.

• Hail_to_the_King
    Hail_to_the_King Member Posts: 183
    Options

Entity took the box and said "here, survivors, play with this"

• BigFatAl
    BigFatAl Member Posts: 43
    Options

If the box was solved during a trial it would create an awkward moment in which the survivors have to face two potential killers. If that's the case, then the Entity would have to take the Cenobite(s) to a conference room to explain the rules. I imagine that when the Cenobites were brought to the game that they found a loophole in which the Mori kill could be used to take survivors to their dimension.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,990
    Options

I am going to assume the entity just snatched it.

But i guess it would the doctor or blight if not the entity, they seem like the type to collect these things

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85
    Options

The "curious hands" were Dwight, as seen in the trailer. As for how, exactly, the box got into the Fog, I've got two theories:

A. The Entity observed the cenobites in action, took a liking to them, grabbed the box, and used Dwight as a means of contact, probably striking a deal with them or Leviathan like it did with Pyramid Head, Sadako, and presumably the Mind Flayer. "If you come over here and kill in my special Trials, you can cause pleasure and pain unimpeded by earthly matters and leave to do it elsewhere as you please."

B. The cenobites or Leviathan discovered the Entity's endless cycle of pain in the Fog and materialized the Lament Configuration in the Fog. Dwight opened it, the Hell Priest came, and he made a deal with the Entity. "We would be willing to participate in your games so long as we may cause pain and pleasure unimpeded."