It's been 73 days since hawkins left our lives

Options
2»

Comments

• Chimp
    Chimp Applicant Posts: 384
    Options

And it's been 73 days since I've been wanting to end it all.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Good.

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 409
    Options

Didn't everyone use to hate this map before it got removed? and now every suddenly likes it after its gone??

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah your dislike of a map is valid and there are plenty of maps that I think ah bummer when they drop, but to wish for content removal is really bad.

If you got the same run of maps over and over again then things would get stale fast. Variety is far better than lack of, even if some of that variety isn't as good as others.

Remember just because you don't like it doesn't mean it deserves to be removed, others may enjoy it.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I'd significantly rather play MacMillan maps over and over then to ever play an rcpd. I'm not rooting for every map to eventually get taken out but frankly if the map is fun then I dont mind getting it more often I'm gonna get burnt out on the game regardless and frankly I already am and a large part of that is hating like half the map pool.

Sure others might like it and that's fine, I'm not saying that's bad thing but likewise I hate it and if could not get those maps ever again I'd 100% hit that button.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Fair enough.

I still say I'd rather see maps tweaked and reworked than removed.

Think about what it is about Macmillan that makes it more enjoyable and see if you can apply those suggestions to other maps.

I really dislike RPD but its the vault and wall layout that make it bad. There are so many safe vaults that require you to circle around long walls, corridors that line up straight into safe vaults and choke points that can be body blocked by either side so easily.

Its almost like it was a map designed by griefers for griefers. No surprise all the boil over abuse involves RPD and 3 hook offerings its the bad game grief map.

I get they wanted a confined kind of layout but its a bit too confined, compare it to lery's hawkins, midwich, the game, they are indoors and generally more confined but there is still enough space to accommodate chases, alternate pathways (less so on midwich), ok mix of safe and dead zones (less so on the game), RPD just feels like a maze of walls and vaults that get in the way of gameplay rather than benefit it.

Its like the office area on lerys, its confined with some pretty safe pallets and windows, it helps the survivors a lot but if the basement is there good luck getting out with how confined it is so the killer can utilize it too in some set ups. Its only one small piece of that map though, while RPD is just one giant Lery's office without any balanced iterations. Its a bad design.

I don't want to see resident evil content deleted but I'd like to see RPD tweaked.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

I just hope we dont loose rpd next

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I completely agree in that I'd rather the maps get fixed but frankly I just don't see that as a possibility with current bhvr

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Good riddance, map sucked. Whether you enjoyed the map or not.