We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

The Wraith is op

I don't know about anybody else but in every game I've not survived once with Wraith being the killer. I honestly find the character kind of broken since you can barely run away from the guy when he uncloaks. It feels like it's impossible to even win against em. Like, I honestly think it needs a nerf but this can just be me being bad at the game when he is the killer. Thoughts?

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Eh, he’s pretty weak once you learn to counter him, you can make ballsy plays when he’s belled and Borrowed tine can prevent facecamping plays.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

His uncloak lunge was already nerfed not that long ago as a result of the outcry of him being "the new spirit". His pickrate seems to have significantly dropped since. Dunno what to tell you.

• Wraith was a complete joke before his buff. Now some people are arguing that Spirit after her nerf is basically a blind Wraith, but I still find that the time it takes for Wraith to uncloak makes him an annoying character to play with (despite how spiffy he looks in his Dracula outfit - only reason I gave him a chance). May play him more at some point and see if it's something I can overcome.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Pallets and windows pallets and windows

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

His power is very loopable ever since they nerfed his lunge

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

All killers are op if tunnel/camping. Wraith just happened to tunnel most of the time, because he's lower tier killer. That explain why I also hate Wraith, but understandable.

• JUMPSCAREKILLER
    JUMPSCAREKILLER Member Posts: 68

Wraith is good killer if you play pallet breaking and faster cloak add ons (ofc in high mmr you have to play lot off gen slow down or full tunnel) but def not op,not even close. i play him a lot in high mmra :)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2022

I have a feeling you play solo. Against solo Q Wraith is quite strong, he needs some proper coordination to be managed by a team. That doesn't make him op or too strong though.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

It feels that way but it's not true.

When you play against him you have to check your surroundings to plan your escape in case he gets to where you are.

A lot of them will try to Body block you from running while uncloaking, You have to think fast to where you want to run after he hits you.

He can't hit you when he is invisible, so always stay close to a loop and don't panic when he is close to you.

If you are in the open and he uncloaks you're dead right there.

Tip: Pay attention whenever he uncloaks, Because if you vault at the same time he uncloaks he can mind game you and use his speed to surprise you on the other side. Vault or drop the pallet when you are sure that you can get away in time while he is uncloaking.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Nice bait, Wraith is one of the weakest killers in the game. He was nerfed to the ground recently, and all his power can be disabled by a single flashlight. If anything, Wraith is in dire need of buffs.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

The devs actually once put in the patchnotes wraith is overperforming and then they nerfed him so LOL

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Wraith isn't OP, he's one of the weaker killers in the game.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Wraith? No.

I'd go out on a limb and say he's one of the weakest killers.

Think of it this way.

• He's very strong against new players.
    • BHVR's gross kill rate charts they like to publish are overwhelmingly offset by newer players.
    • Wraith's kill rates are still low, meaning that against more experienced players he's absolute garbage.
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

He's pretty bad

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890

What do ppl get out of this? Just ######### taking up space on the front page. Smfh. Damn I’m in a fouled mood today lol

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

My thoughts is that clown is absolutely busted, as I've NEVER survived a game against him. I suggest that we remove all of his addons and delete his power, and give him nurse movement speed.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

You are bad lol good survivors stomp him. But is that a problem? No. I'm not the king of this game either and I just play to have fun :)

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

After the nerf, he joined 90% of killers in "not viable" tier.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,614
    edited January 2022

See, these are the kind of posts where people call bait yet I cannot see why they think that. Can’t it just be a new player frustrated with something more experienced players have beaten time and time again?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Troll and bait, nice.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    edited January 2022

He’s pretty middle of the road but I agree he’s very strong vs new/bad survivors.

Once you’re good at looping and positioning he’s pretty trivial to deal with in most situations.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,207

He seems that way. As does Billy at first. As does Nurse. As does the Huntress. As does basically every killer.

Until you learn how to loop and it suddenly clicks and you learn how to run the killer for hours on end. Then you laugh at the Billy. Laugh at the Huntress. And especially, loudly laugh at that Wraith with his rather weak kit and feeble attempts to scare you.

But you still won't laugh at Nurse. You never will, for she will always take away your last breath, leaving you with no air to laugh.

• laucters
    laucters Member Posts: 20

git gud

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

Wraith op ? HEH ?

It’s not the April fool day yet

ok ok, seriously, if the camp is a problem, genrush and bring ds ou borrow.

and for kick in this power, use spine chill.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188

Thank god someone else notices too. I think if the killer is wraifth flashlights should spawn automatically around the map and THOSE DAMN SILENT BELL ADDONS AGHH. He should not be able to swing after uncloaking for about 3-5ish seconds like nemesiss or pyramid head.

• lavars
    lavars Member Posts: 312

I wouldn't say "op". I think Wraith is actually pretty "balanced"

He has funny add-ons and can be played many ways.

Overall pretty nice as he's usable as a nice "noob-trap" i loved to play on low-mmr. To trap people in a corner while uncloaking was always fun. I'm still low-mmr and should play him more often, if i would play the game at all atm :think:

• Chimp
    Chimp Applicant Posts: 384

These forums never fail to amuse me

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,791
    edited January 2022

Most good Wraths ran a hit & run style that boons basically pooped on, and with his uncloak lunge recently reduced he's a lot weakened these days.

Once you get used to him bodyblocking ahead of you, plan ouy your chases, and get better listening for his crackling sounds you will have happier results.