Hackers are getting OUT OF CONTROL...

I am reporting more hackers in DbD than ever the past month or so, and it seems to just continue to get worse and worse as time goes on.

Devs, you need to focus all your efforts on getting the hackers under control or they will end up being the DOOM of this game. I've seen this before with too many other online games. Hackers just completely ruin the game.

Lately it seems like I'm getting about one hacker every hour or two and that seems totally unacceptable to me.

Comments

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

I agree,if hacking reaches a certain point,players would rather not play if half their games are againts hackers.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

You mean the Hag isn't supposed to be able to fly? /sarcasm.

After about 9 mos of not seeing any notable hackers, in the past 8 weeks I've encountered 3 flying Hags.

• Zaxtor99
    Zaxtor99 Member Posts: 14

I've reported 4 hackers just this weekend. And I mean blatantly obvious hackers (100x speed, flying, insta gens, etc) It's getting ridiculous. I've been playing DbD since before it launched in beta testing and I've never seen this many hackers. Evidently most of them pay $40 a month just for the hacks, and I guess that's just DbD only hacks. This comes from three different hackers that have come into my livestreams and said this... all the same story.

I don't know. Maybe Behaviour should go after the website that is obviously making a killing on these DbD hacks?

• Gaala
    Gaala Member Posts: 51

There is a killer called "Hag"?

Jokes aside, when you face it don't give him any satisfaction. Don't condemn them, don't try to belittle them to use hacks. Just, don't talk to them. Just move to another game. And if you happen to find a survivor one, ignore him or, even better, go to the basement, face a wall and wait for them to finish the gens and get out (look at something else in the meantime).

Don't give them attention, they feed with that. More attention you give to them (in chat and ingame), more inclined they will be to cheat again. This is what us common player can do right now.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I'm on console, so it's not like we have end game chat.

The ones I encounter have slugged everyone (speed hacks, teleporting hags, flying) and left everyone to bleed out. Can't even disconnect otherwise I get a penalty.

I've also been in a match where a survivor and Killer were working together, and they did something where they both simultaneously disconnected, and all survivors regardless of is they died (and me who escaped) got a 34 minute disconnect penalty (all of us, exactly 34 mins).

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

TF2 survived the cheater bot apocalypse, without any support from the devs for years. A lot of players will stay in the game literally no matter what happens with it, as long as the servers are running.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

just in a match with speed hacker. He wasnt a shame to show them in a first second of a match.

The updated anti cheat in midchapter was very efficient

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited January 2022

I honestly see more cheaters after that so-called anti-hacking vulnerability tweak than I even did before. Thankfully I'm not a streamer so they never bother holding my game hostage but the simple fact that can still do it if they want to in 2022 is pathetic. This game is just hopeless until some serious shift happens among the higher-ups at BHVR.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

The subtle speed killers piss me off the most. Pieces of #########. Special place in videogame hell for them.

• Astral88
    Astral88 Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2022

To be honest, you are wasting your precious time while you do a report, because you might get an account banned for once, but creating another just takes a few bucks and a little bit of time. It rly is super sad that ppl needs to cheat and hack, but it is not your job to take care about even tho that you wanna improve the gaming experience which is my wish, too.

I recognised DBD being a mess nowadays and I absolutely don’t care anymore at this point, because the development team (or at least those who are showing their face to us) just did a petty good job so far!

I guess my friend was right when he said, that the game is not playable and fun anymore. :)

Cheers.

• Astral88
    Astral88 Member Posts: 63

Yea, I watched a video on YouTube from a DBD streamer, who had a conversation with a hacker. In that video they’ve put up a list of known streamers and players. This list is used for stream sniping and holding hostage in game. And this tbh is super unfair. But as much as frustrating this is, BHVR hasn’t shown up with a patch to fix major vulnerabilities. It just seems like it’s a minor problem which gets patched every now and then but never fixed entirely.

I rly would be annoyed if I was CoconutRTS, Otz, TrueTalent and any other streamers.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,901
    edited January 2022

Wow so much for BHVR not wanting to give hackers 'advanced notice" when they still end up bypassing it in less than a week.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Dont waste your time. I used to get angry about it, but unfortunately its too late now. They wont fix it.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

When i get hackers now i just pretend i dont notice, walk off, play dumb and kill time exploring map looking for the 5th survivor, you know, the one hiding in lockers on the other side of map. It works for bullies too. Dont be obvious. Just steer clear of them.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I don´t get why they can´t implement server sided detection. Since everything has to pass over the dedicated server, the system should check if someone goes over the allowed speed, use one time perks several times, got out of downed status in X amount of times, etc.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

DBD free on epic games says hi. 🖐️

Do you really think they will fix cheating when they release something like that in the midst of a cheating epidemic?

• randyorton
    randyorton Member Posts: 5

The most hackers have a radar to see where the survs are and aimbot to throw hatches or other things most of the hacks you dont recognize thats the way most pc players play. They can turn it on or off at any time. When you hide in a locker and the killer comes to this locker instand then ,ou know he hacks when they dont have perks on it to find you. Thats why i dont want to play against pc players i want the option for crossplay but decide with wich plattform i want to connect and thats definitly not pc. On pc you can change the clickrate from your mouse and so on they can tweak dbd for their advantages. These kiddys think they are good at this game with all this #########

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

This must be happening more in certain regions because I hardly get them. I think I've had less than 10 matches total with hackers in the 2 years I've played. Maybe it happens more often at certain times of day? Come to think of it, I think its only happened to me when I turned cross play off.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 630

I've been playing DbD since 2020 and during all this time, I've probably seen (if remember correctly) two or three blatant hackers. I guess it's more of a regional problem.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

I'm not discounting your experience but I actually think the number is way down. Last year I ran into hackers every 5ish game or so. In the past 2 months I've ran into 1 hacker. The weird thing is that most the hackers I saw were survivors last year and the one i saw this year was a killer.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

For every flying Hag, there are also subtle hackers who speed up just when they need to and always seem to be out of reach.

If you normally are doing well and all of a sudden there is a survivor who you cannot gain ground on in chase, just switch targets and save them for last. They will likely teleport out the match anyway.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I have never encountered a hacker in over a YEAR. Where do you FIND these people?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

I used to see up to 3 every night when I was playing my main. Now I'm dodging suspicious profiles and more rare.

I'm pretty sure I played against some yesterday but for once I wasn't recording so I didn't bother.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I was also wondering why is this not possible, I have these ideas why it is not done:

1) they don't want to spend time and money on implementing it.

2) running these servers would be more resource intensive and therefore more expensive.

3) they don't know how to do it.

On the other hand... What if rubber banding is a sign of they implementing it? Sometimes because of some communication lag the server moves you back to the position where it thinks you should be.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

Because people who make video games don’t understand simple http security. They need to hire a security team that knows what it’s doing.

• GroovyKiller
    GroovyKiller Member Posts: 30

I've played 5 games tonight. 4 games had cheaters. One of them had two cheaters. Out of control. Well, time to go to bed.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

The Korean server has been plagued by hackers for *years* now. It doesn't get better. Devs either aren't capable or aren't interested. Lots of time to make new outfits, though!

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

Because the game is still glorified peer to peer. All game logic is handled on the client pretty much.

• Tsulan

It sounds like it. They really need to step up their game before the hacking issue hurts the game seriously. People already started suspecting anything that looks even remotely weird for being a hack. So even when someone uses legit perks/addons he gets accused. Thats the stuff for witchhunts.

• Tsulan

I was never a fan of turning the game from p2p into server sided. Simply, because it was never designed to be that way.

Best approach would have been to start something from scratch. Say DbD 2 and allow people transfer their progress from the old game.

• kizuati

They needed to rewrite it. Sadly BHVR made a tower of duct tape that is now a big hunk of garbage. If they moved game logic to the server it would even probably improve performance as the game should be less CPU intensive

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

EAC is just like a firewall. Once you are in, you can do what you want. It would be better ho have an anti cheat that checks what's happening in the game or on the server side.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

I have a good example of that. I closed the hatch, walked to an exit gate (both were on the same side of the map in Suffocation pit). I walked to the other and back to the first gate and it was already open. First I was like, that are cheats!

Turned out the person had Sole Survivor. I felt really bad when I first accused him (in myself, not in the endgame chat) of cheating when he clearly wasn't: He got great value out of the perk.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

At this point, i don't think they will ever rewrite the game. Not because they can't, they won't because of the money it will cost. They had the chance 2/3 years ago when the game was really in its prime. But I don't see it happening anymore.

I don't know if it's a sign that they make the cosmetics obtainable with shards, but they would never do that a few years ago because they got a lot of money from keeping some cosmetics auric cells only.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

High MMR, streamers, or random.

I have been pretty lucky too. Only facing 4 hackers I was aware of since the hacker wave in November. 1 screaaaaam-speedhacker, 1 insta gen dude, one with impossible flashlight saves and 1 terminator bot spirit. Then there were about a handful of instances where I thought the movespeed was odd but after I reviewed the footage it was fine.

On survivor side I'm basically fine because my playstyle leads to a mid MMR (often sacrifice for the team). And on killer side I only faced hackers as spirit because I was playing her a bunch.

It's just a matter of time when I get a hacker as Wesker.

• kizuati

If competition arises,which it will hopefully with Evil Dead keeping strong and the Leatherface game releasing soon,along with maybe VHS getting a bigger niche,they will finally spend the money.

• Tobe
    Tobe Member Posts: 47

Funny how they rely solely on user reporting to sanction hackers in the first place. What a joke.

• Tsulan

Exactly this!

Had a match, where i was accused of cheating. Because i was at full health, with OtR still active, while the only other survivor couldn´t have healed me.

Inner Strength took care of that. But people instantly jump to conclusions.