4 Decisive Strikes, 3 Dead Hards, and 3 Borrowed Times

graveyard_7777
graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

I've been playing Freddy this morning and it's been nothing but swfs with meta builds one after another. It's literally impossible to have fun and enjoy the game as killer and now I have sweat every single match just to get a few kills.

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I’m all about fairness for killers but it looks like you had a good game. The dead hards would have been annoying as hell though and I’m sure it was not a casual match by any means.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

That's killer for ya shrug

(and honestly, that's survivor for ya too)

Sometimes you just get sweat squads who will do anything they can to win and sometimes you get chill people who are just looking to have fun and play a fun round of DBD

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Let people run what they want. You can always spice up your build too if you think their meta is too much

• graveyard_7777
    graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269

It's just the same builds over and over with survivors. I bring stuff like Devour Hope instead of Ruin and don't run any gen slowdown perks. They act like this is some dbd tournament.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

I personally would love to see the meta gutted on both sides. Nerfed into oblivion. Noed, ruin, pop, corrupt, ds, bt, unbreakable, dead hard all of them.

Just one day we log in and it's completely changed shadow nerf style. Imagine the pitchforks and torches everyone would bring. Pure chaos.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I wouldn't blame the players for running those perks. They're good perks, why wouldn't they run them?

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I would pay good money to see them go against the killers who like to talk ######### and berate clean solo Q survivors…

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

and a partridge in a pear tree.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

You are pretty much running a meta build yourself there? Fake pallets are garbage though.

Swap out devour for ruin and put on the snares and you are basically meta freddy.

And honestly, if you wanna negate the survivor meta, learn an instadown killer. That's basically the meta for killers right now unless you wanna learn a specific powerhouse like nurse / blight / PPhead / etc.

BT/DS don't matter if the survivors cant ever unhook.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

Don't ask for sympathy here. You know what they will tell ya: "you earned that by the way you play. Your MMR wouldn't be that high if you weren't a bloodthirsty sweatlord".

But here is the thing: this door doesn't swing both ways! High MMR games like this as survivors can be helluva fun: you bring your a-game and get some spectacular loops, daring escapes, pull off some amazing stunts and get enough safety nets to let you take some great risks. And if you need a breather you can always hit a gen.

As the killer though, nearly non of this games are fun or exciting and even if you pull of the occasional 4k, the experience probably was a miserable one. You are constantly fighting an uphill battle, have very little opportunity to actually seize the controll of the flow of the game and are always trying to keep a bucket of water from running dry, that was countless holes in it and unless you absolutely sweat it and pull off each and every trick that you know, you will end up broken and humiliated "gg ez", "lol worst killer evar, plz uninstoal" and while their laughter still rings in your ears, the next sweat squad knocks on your door, because thats your reward for playing consistantly good.

But complaints like this will only get you a "so you admit that you only have fun when stomping noobs and baby survivors? tsk." which isn't the case for most killer players that I know. But is there no middle ground with miserable sweat and stomping noobs? Games where you can try to play "by the book" and allow everyone a fun experience without any tunneling or camping or ending the game in 5min?

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

right? let people run what they want, it really doesn't matter. if you like running off-meta stuff, you do that but don't expect to only go against people playing "fair". i run power struggle, blast mine and flashbang as survivor and usually get stomped by people running stronger builds, and that's fine because that's to be expected. this guy is running a pretty damn strong build with a meme add on chucked in, so i really don't see the point of this post.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited January 2022

I don't think its even about swf's. Its just the usual perks you get from the high level survivors. This is from one of my killer matches earlier and its the typical types of builds I always get;

Dead hard, DS, boons, unbreakable, borrowed time, iron will etc. Its standard level stuff in the higher MMR side. You just have to expect it. Its the meta.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I have been running breakout sabatour, mettle of man, and borrowed time the past 3 days and it usually get me tunneled out lmao. I dont mind that i laugh it off when it happens. The build doesn’t always work unfortunately and often gets me killed but when it works it’s pretty fun. But I’m going back to my usual : detectives/ blastmine, circle of healing, borrowed time and lithe because my sabo build has been ineffective recently

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I don't see the problem with current DS or BT.

• micha_beck
    micha_beck Member Posts: 78

They kinda don't know what you will bring before the match.

So they must asume you will bring your "worst" and they will bring theirs.

There is no fun games anymore. Only sweat and tears. 😂

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

I have to wonder how hard it is for people to take a vaguely level photo. Haven't phones also included super basic crop functionality for like ten+ years, too?

... BBQ, Lethal, Devour, and Undying? Zero slowdown and something that will only proc a few unhooks in and might get cleansed before it does anything? I think that's a weird definition of a strong build.

• Holkapolka
    Holkapolka Member Posts: 44

This game was never designed for SWFs in the first place. Because they are on voichat, they don't need any information perks. They basically get information for free, for which Soloqs need perk slots

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Wait, isn't boil over the new meta that is in 99% of killers matches?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I can't blame them, for the last few months it's been nothing but campers and tunnelers! So yes, it makes sense that people are going to respond to this behavior with perks that provide some degree of relief. The last two weeks have been especially weird, with killers frequently camping the first hook before anything is done.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited January 2022

No. I think its mainly swf's who are running it because its easier to pull off if you're coordinated. Burn a map that's good for it like Eyerie of Crows or Badham. Another one burns a petrified oak. Another one is running breakout or sabo etc.

At least that's been my experience with it.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

It doesn't look that bad actually. Without CoH spreading pressure to the unhooker rather than tunneling the unhooked is a viable strategy with Fredd. 3 guys with BT is kinda wasteful too.

2k 2E isn't a bad number, specially considering that you killed their MVP, which means that you actually won the exchange. I would consider this a win

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,899

Thats not the point of the post? The point of the post is its not fun to sweat to have fun.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

The number of gens by the end of the match doesn't matter, as long as you get people killed and Devour Hope does that. Lethal Pursuer secures a fast chase start and BBQ keeps the streak going. The intent of that build is to generate stacks fast and end the match before the survivors have time to locate the totems. It's high-risk/amazing rewards and does what's intended to do well.

A build doesn't need to be Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer to be strong, just needs to have undeniable synergy.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Even if you bring a "weak" build, you have no right to cry about what others are bringing. They can bring what they want, as you have. It is really none of your business.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited January 2022

I don't know why survivors use Decisive Strike however from what I have seen it is not meta. Most of the time when I see a another survivor have they either never have a chance to use it, fail the skill check or the killer gets them anyways. Their are more effective perks to use to get away from the killer.

The the same can be said for Dead Hard to a lesser extent. You can use it more often that Decisive Strike however it frequently results in being caught anyways.

I either don't see Borrowed Time used that much or just don't notice it so not sure on that one however the other two are a waste of a perk choice.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

Uh, I'm not sure what you want. Welcome to killer, I guess? Just put up with it, like players have for so many years.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

You got a 2k? I don’t see an issue

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

But this kind of argument is also true for the likes of noed, yet people complain about it. But if they play well and do totems, noed does nothing at all.

Also, while you claim people dont consider why those perks are used, why dont you think about why killers have to apply such tactics to begin with?

Your argument is very onesided, it seems to me.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

If you're close enough that BT is preventing you from getting downs, you're close enough to go for the person who unhooked. Even if they had DS they can't anymore. IF you go for whoever unhooks, you're making 7 perks they brought entirely useless, and your decision to tunnel and your punishment for doing so is 100% on you.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Nah. I am really bad at tracking and BT users aren't the type to take aggro. Even when I play nice purposely, I often need to go for the unhooked as they are the only one leaving scratch marks.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Nah. Killers dont have to tunnel, camp and slug. But sadly most killer players think thats necessary cause they just do what some streamers say without any second thought. so survivor have to use these perks in order to be able to just properly play the game. Killers dont have such an issue at all. survivors cant hinder a killer from playing. noed is just trainings wheels. gives you a game changer for no input when the games is basically lost. and again bad players play it cause some streamers say its necessary and its trainig wheels for nothing. and they will never get better with playing in such braindead ways.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited January 2022

I tried to play a few matches today and I simply couldn't stomach it anymore. So many Killers were camping and tunneling from the start of the game.

Had a Ghostface not even let a David leave the hook (his first down at 4 gens). Poor David must have only been able to play for 2 minutes tops. The Killer was teabagging everyone he facecamped.

So though I'd love to stop running BT and Decisive, in Solo queue both perks are essential if you want to have any semblence of a game. I can't not run them.

The Ghostface said he was face-camping in all his matches to punish any survivors who try Boil Over. I checked after the match and only one person was running it and it wasn't even a good map for it.

• RainehDaze

That's a decent build, not a strong one. Yeah, there's some synergy, but it's still super reliant on getting early hooks and snowballing, with DH's almost obligatory requirement to play nice for a while stuck on top. Plus Undying when boons are in play.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

At least the one guy wasted his white ward by escaping 🤷 that's something

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

You got two kills. Devs say thats balanced.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

If I play well, I will just ignore them and tunnel out one survivors before there will be 2 or 3 gens anyway.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Right? This guy very much had the upper hand if Devour stayed up long enough (not sure what map it was either). And if you don’t tunnel, BT and DS do nothing. Not to mention the three low tier perks on the second player.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

But you still got a 2k soo

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

So you took a strong build, got a 2k and a fairly good amount of blood points and you're complaining because of what the survivors brought?

Like others said, you're not entitled to a 4k. If they hadn't brought those perks it would have probably been a 4k too. Like this it looks like it was quite balanced on both sides, considering the overall amount of bps too.

So yeah if you want to cry, bring good examples next time

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited January 2022

DS = Because killers Camp. Camping which is a playstyle available in every match. Since survivors have no way of telling whether a killer will opt or not to use it, they feel more inclined to bring it to have a half way decent match.

BT = See above reason.

If BHVR actually disincentivized excessive Camping and Tunneling, you would see less of these perks because they wouldn't get much value out of them. For now, as long as killers continue to use these "tactics" survivors will continue to bring those perks.

DH = Only exhaustion perk that allows you to extend a chase while in a short loop. If they made more perks like DH, you would see survivors mixing things up and bringing other exhaustion perks.

• fulltonon

Killers don't have to not tunnel, camp and slug neither, but they found it effective and ended up doing it anyway.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Unless you play scummy BT and DS make no difference. As for DH, yeah fair enough to be annoyed with that.

• fulltonon

If you play scummy enough BT and DS makes no difference too.

• RainehDaze
    edited January 2022

The weird thing about some of these responses is forgetting BT bodyblocking is a thing. You don't need to tunnel to run into BT.