Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is self care speed fine as it is?

Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

Should self care be faster than 50% of the normal healing speed?

As far as i'm concerned, i think that 50% of the normal healing speed is too slow. Especially when i see boon circle of healing, i see no reason for self-care to be this slow. Maybe 100% of the normal healing speed would be too much, but 50% definitely feels too slow to me.

What's your thoughts?

Is self care speed fine as it is? 46 votes

Yes, fine as it is
78%
Hail_to_the_KingTapeKnotDimekRaptorrotasmusstang62MrPenguinMalkhrimShapedPrex91Robotfangirl67ValikWarcrafter4TatariulandromatFFirebranddThePolicedugmanSuzuKRglitchboiFobbo 36 votes
No, should be faster
21%
InnCognitoRullisiGeneralVAnozo2426GuiltiiThat_One_FriendPSPTrickstaaaaaAurelleFaulds 10 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No, should be faster

It should be slightly faster, but not by too much.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Delete Self-Care.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535
    Yes, fine as it is

Self Care i slow. But i think ok. It should not be as good as a medkit.

Why is the Boon so much faster then - CoH is a free unlimited medkit for the team and faster than self care.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Yes, fine as it is

Self care is slow, but it does allow you to heal without another teammate, so...

I think it's fair that it's that speed.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Yes, fine as it is

It was faster before and had to be nerfed down twice to make it remotely fair.

Even as it is its technically 100% efficient healing time at 32 seconds of one player's time instead of 16 of 2 player's time.

As for CoH: Its more overpowered as old selfcare and is applied to the entire team instead of just one person.

So CoH it should not be a measurement of if a perk is good or not due to it being far too powerful.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Yes, fine as it is

it's the easiest perk to use, has no cool down and can be used anytime unless you're broken but it takes much longer to compensate. The perk is fine. Remember when self care was the best perk in the game? Pepperidge farm remembers...

• wilnunez
    wilnunez Member Posts: 7
    Yes, fine as it is

For a perk that provides unconditional healing, it allowing you to only do so at 50% is a very fair tradeoff.

Boon: Circle of Healing serves a fairly different purpose than Self Care, so pointing to it as a means of justifying a Self Care buff is like an apples to orange comparison in my opinion.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    Yes, fine as it is

fine

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

It's not that Self-Care should be faster, it's that Boon Circle of healing should be a hell of a lot SLOWER. The nerf they gave it was egregiously pitiful, and it won't do a thing to make it a less viable perk.

Although I could see some arguments that Self-Care may be in need of some kind of attention- a buff or a tweak maybe. I'm usually of the mindset that Self-Care is a lot better than people generally say it is- but even I'll admit it's been a long time since I used the perk and that's probably very telling in itself.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    Yes, fine as it is

Self care being slow is what makes it balanced.

And is a part of why COH is not balanced.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Yes, fine as it is

If anything it should be longer by default and much better with medkits.