Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Does Boil over need to be nerf, rework, or deleted

Robotfangirl67
Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640

I’m making this poll on Boil over cause I think it’s very annoying and needs to be looked at like right now cause it’s causing many killer and killer and survivor players problems since bully squads are abusing it while on RCPD library spot while they also use no mither and and soul guard on top of it. I say all that cause I just played against and didn’t know what to do in that situation since I didn’t have the right perks to somewhat play around it.I think it’s very unfair that I have to put on iron grasp and agitation just to somewhat play on a equal field.

Does Boil over need to be nerf, rework, or deleted 24 votes

Yes it needs a nerf.
37%
Hail_to_the_KingGibberishTapeKnotTeabaggingGhostfaceJimboMasonPSPDrakon797AurelleGrumpyKurama 9 votes
Yes it needs to be reworked.
37%
Seiko300InnCognitomusstang62MrPenguinValikWarcrafter4N8dogThat_One_FriendBothSidesEnjoyer 9 votes
Yes it needs to be deleted.
0%
No it doesn’t need a nerf.
16%
OnryosTapeRentalsTurtleSushiTVDRSPHILAwilnunez 4 votes
No it doesn’t need a rework.
4%
Akiranaya 1 vote
No it doesn’t need to be deleted.
4%
Rougual 1 vote

Comments

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Yes it needs a nerf.

I only really think it needs a nerf cause 25% bonus can be kinda dumb in some situations, but overall I don't care

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Yes it needs a nerf.

The 25% wiggle progress needs nerfed, be r that's it.

• wilnunez
    wilnunez Member Posts: 7
    No it doesn’t need a nerf.

I don't think Boil Over is a problem. Getting jostled around 25% harder than before is a pain in the rear, sure, and the +25% bonus wiggle progress when dropping from "great" heights can be a problem, but in the majority of games where I've had to deal with it, it's never been anything more than a nuisance.

The real problem lies in the design of the maps they get abused on. The upstairs section of the library on RPD, for instance, was a problem way before Boil Over's buff; all it took was a 4-man squad of survivors running sabotage builds involving breakout in order to make the job of getting a hook there impossible. Boil Over's buff just makes this easier to do without teammates. A better solution, in my opinion at least, is adding guaranteed hook spawns on second floor areas like those.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    edited February 2022
    No it doesn’t need to be deleted.

Maybe just a little tweak like 20% progress or something to do with a chance at hooks respawning because its pretty fine, just annoying for both sides if slugging is the best option for most killers.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Yes it needs a nerf.

Remove the great height effect and put it on slippery meat instead

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

With its current iteration there is no healthy way to make the perk work without making it useless.

Which reminds me of the dev's own logic for not buffing the numbers for monstrous shrine was because there was no way to buff the numbers to make it viable without breaking the game(Imagine basement Bubba with basement hooks sacrifices progressing 25%-50% faster).

Its really weird they'd forget that when buffing Boil Over; as it was a very good and logical idea that could have avoided all of this.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

A nerf would imply that the effect of the perk is fine and all that is needed is a minor (or major) number change or small tweak / variation.

I believe the changes that were made to the perk were fundamentally flawed and promote some seriously unhealthy gameplay. Playstyles that can very deliberately and easily be abused by coordinated SWF groups who are using specific map offerings to maximize output and efficiency.

The changes that were made did not elevate the perk to a state that could be more widely accessible and used by the entire community (including solo players), but benefitted only the people and groups that DIDN'T need it. Despite the devs already basically agreeing for years now about their approach to solo vs. swf, they somehow managed to introduced a perk that slightly WIDENED the gap between the two.

Not that boil over, even in its current state, is really all that good- it's not- but just the fact that it is mostly convenient and usable by mainly SWF groups is bad enough. Anything that doesn't help solo survivors (and inadvertently hindering Killers in similar ways in the short or long term) isn't favorable balancing for Dead by Daylight.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

They should give it a sort of 'blindness' effect that causes the killer to lose sight of objectives and the HUD.

They have to dedicate their attention to containing the survivor, so they are distracted.

For every hook state you have, reduce killer movement by 2/4/6% while being carried.

This will make the killer pause for a moment and consider the objectives before dedicating - not because it's a guaranteed out, but because they have to worry about keeping track of objectives as they venture to a hook. By slowing the killer down a bit after being hooked, it can open the window for more escapes - as you can get 12% more time to wiggle after being hooked twice.

It would be much less annoying, balanced, would work in certain cases, and would distract the killer from seeing their objectives enough to prevent certain plays. It would be worth running, and is about as good solo as it is in a team.