Losing as killers sucks

Options

I don't know if it's just me but when i lose as killer it is just so demoralizing. Whenever i lose as survivor even if I get tunneled I don't really get bothered by it I just move on to the next game. It's the main reason why Spend more time playing survivor over killer.

Comments

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246
    Options

Depends on what you consider a win. I only play killer, to me if i have fun its a win, if its a cool group its a win , 1 kill its a win, i dont get hacked or bullied, win. You dont need 4 kills to win. It all depends on what you have fun playing as.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

So your standard for a win is if something bad doesn't happen? Behavior has pushed your standards low.

• Holkapolka
    Holkapolka Member Posts: 44
    Options

I think I know what you mean. As a Surviver I often think that I could have played it better, while on the Killer side you often feel completely outplayed and powerless when you lose.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Same. For me, I'm more about match time. I don't mind losing if it's really apparent I'm doing badly. At that point, I deserve to lose.

But some times you'll have games where you've barely had a chance to anything and it's already more than halfway over (though imo, it's heavily map related).

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312
    Options

Killer just sucks period if you take it seriously. It's a joke role. The maps are have so many pallets and dirty window loops to carry survivors every game as long as they just do the gens.

You can't keep up. Most of your time is spent walking and breaking pallets.

It's broken. Yet for some reason people act like there's any real competition here. Just sit on gens. Done. It only takes 1 or 2 decent loopers to take up enough time for the gens to pop.

The thing that rages me most is the ######### point system. You can win every Chace as killer, get 7 or 8 hooks, and if the survivors just gen rush the game in 5 minutes you'll still depip despite playing well bc God forbid you can't be everywhere at once to slow down the gens.

Devout and gen slowdown points are correlated with one another. Gens flying is 5 minutes wreck your score and the devs act like killers can do something about it.

I cant tell you how many matches I've walked out of feeling good even tho 3 or all escaped because I got so many downs and hooks and get entity displeased and depip.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I feel this thread... But in a different way I don't get upset at losing as Killer

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
    Options

You can’t expect to win every game.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,365
    Options

Agreed, the game believes you've done better if you farm survivors for points by letting them do objectives than to stomp when there are 4 gens up and you've 4k'd them.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Losing is fine, problem is even with 3K survivors can be toxicest as possible and make killers "lose".

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Hah. Yeah right, if the last survivor gets the pity escape I could care less. The game is designed for the last survivor to get a free RNG escape.

Even better if they chose to murder their own teammate so they could get hatch and talk smack.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

To do certain challenges, you literally have to babysit survivors and hope they do not DC. It is really pathetic.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

"You gotta know when to hold em... know when to fold em

know when to walk away and know when to run"

Honestly this game will die if killers dont get some kind of balance pass. Ive suggested before i feel like they need to add a third role where a player can play as the Entity and they can get charges from the killer by attacking and when they do they could hinder the survivors maybe move hooks around or even just scout. The idea is that the entity cant attack but it can patiently watch and lash out buffs or something to help the killer secure kills. I know saying this is definately a bit op but killers are no longer a threat aside from that 1% god nurses and that really hurts this games vibe.

• fulltonon
    Options

I mean survivor game is pretty much like dying, what other games take 10 minutes to que up...

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

It was like that for starcraft 2 a few years ago when they got hit with that database error or whatever it was. Pretty much everyone had to stop playing and this game right now doesnt have that issue but i do feel like they need to add in a 2ndary matchup mode with mmr turned off so you have no idea who you are playing with or against but at least your que time is short

• lonesomekill
    Options

Thats the trade off some killers forget. Sure its hard, and a bit ridiculous at times, but with a 30 second max queue time i cant really complain. Thats why i never understood gen rushing. But i dont play survivor so cant comment for them

• fulltonon
    Options

They literally has nothing to do other than gen rushing.

• lonesomekill
    Options

I mean waiting in a long queue, then rushing to end the game, i guess thats why some players enjoy engaging in the chase while the others do gens, to distract the killer and do something different. I know its the object of the game, thats why killer is more fun

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

It's because killer is more stressful in general. What is somewhat annoying is how common and frequent is for survivors to be toxic and BM at the end. Seriously, almost everytime that I end up losing to 3 or 4 man escapes, someone is granted to wait at the exit gates with everyone there healed. No one to save nor reason to waste the killer's time. It's really common for them to t-bag while waiting there as well. I don't see killers being toxic on victory (like noding on the hooked survivor and bleeding them out for no reason) for even half the frequency during 4Ks.

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102
    Options

I think it’s because when you lose as killer it’s like you’ve lost to four people, but when you lose as survivor it’s like only losing to one opponent, so the psychology is different. Also as a survivor you lose 10x more(if solo) so losing becomes an expectation.

• Gizmo1984
    Gizmo1984 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    1. i think there must be little nerf on the gens. Because one year ago you played killer, you have enough time to make a round. at the end of 2021 and this year....a game is over in minutes. Thats not the game i have played years ago. That makes me bad as killer......and i´m a fair killer. Let them down from hook dont hit the same again and so on. but know i chase one surv one minute, it makes pling, and two or mor gens are done ( i have found the the surv between 50 sek and 1 minute). I have makes some time records with killers... as killer and surv. An average round are timed @9 minutes bad rounds without a kille and gen rush as ######### by chasing 1 surv 4 minute 60 seconds. it cannot be, that this genrushes wished from behave.

Behave please fix the balance again....

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Well you lost. So its normal.

Problem is when you feel like that even if you win, which playing killer sometimes makes you lol

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

Truth, as a survivor you have a chance to at least escape yourself up until the last second. As a Killer there is a definite point of no return where you know you're screwed.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

There is a difference between "I am going to do gens because it is my only objective" and "I made a build specifically to get the killer to chase me and avoid going down, using flashlights and Dead Hard to be annoying while my teammates use their Prove Thyself and Brand New Parts on Toolboxes to ensure all gens get done in under four minutes".

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 610
    edited February 2022
    Options

This really all depends on your region and time you play a specific role. Survivor is instant during the day, killer is instant at night - it's been that way for me for a very long time. I waited 15 minutes to get one stupid killer match in yesterday during my lunch break. Doesn't mean the game is dying, just means there are far more killers in the day than survivors and the opposite is true at night.

I'm not saying this isn't necessarily true, but survivors can throw soooo hard leading to a big snowball. I was playing a pig match just yesterday where I only barely got 1k at the time the exit gates was open (I think they meant to 99 but accidentally opened) - in either case they tried to save one of them clicky clicky boiz that taunted me all match who I had hooked right before the exit gates got opened. ended up with a 3k (one slug crawled out). All that to say is sometimes you think you are screwed and think you will lose a match, but things can snowball and escalate, it happens to me fairly often. I don't personally give up hope easily. But also, pig just needs nerfs too, so there's that. /s

• fulltonon
    Options

You don't even need any perks to genrush, theoretically you can finish generators within 5 minutes without using any perks.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

Fair point, anything can happen at any time I suppose. Also kind of surprised there are still people who go out of their way to Flashlight taunt and all, but I guess as long as there are still people that take the bait.

• fulltonon
    Options

at least in my region, it's always like that.

"game is dying" is pretty much based on matchmaking time in many games, so if it is consistent enough to get extremely long que at one side in any time of the day is enough to consider "dead".

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Exactly there is some points where the survivors are kind of screwed but then there's hatch. The killer doesn't really have anything like hatch maybe noed been the closest but it's also a perk.

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61
    Options

Nah, getting bullied by flashlight squads suck... getting bullied by bullied over squads suck. Sorry I meant bullied over.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I know, I'm just pointing out that there is "doing your objective because you are not in chase", and blasting them out ASAP on purpose with perks and items.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

It's the opposite for me.

If I get a ######### person who is killer, survivor isn't fun. I don't mind being tunneled. But I don't like being face camped (unless it's end game). It's not fun to just sit there and do nothing and have a moral debate on if I should just move next or stay on the hook for my teammates. I've also been slugged and had a killer sit on top of my body for 4 minutes for fun. Or if a killer is really horrible, the game is just boring (unless I take aggro).

If I play killer, I am always in the middle of the action. Even if survivors mess with me, I still get to play the game. If I lose, it was my fault and I just take the chance to get better. Also, with the MMR system I get to go lower and face easier survivors. If I'm really having a bad day, I just equipped some crutchy build or play Nurse and spank people until I feel better.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    Options

1/2 the pallets you never need to break because they are unsafe. Learn the pallets/mechanics of the game, and you'll be wasting a lot less time (that you don't realize you're wasting yet).

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250
    Options

Just have to focus on improvement instead of the outcome. With improvement comes better results.