Boil over abuse, how to play against it?

Hey, everyone.

I wanted to know how you guys deal with "Boil over abuse" as killer?

I got a swf squad that tried to abuse boil over, flip flop and Break out. I couldnt bring survivor very far... mostly I could hold them for like 5s. They dropped Ormond and gone upstairs in the rooms behind and stacked as a group, if I tried to hook someone it was kinda impossible. Do u guys have a solution if people try do "Boil over abuse"?

Don't wanna take Iron Grasp. First it's a waste of perk slot mostly and second I don't have it on every killer besides it's a "Free Perk". And letting them bleed out is pretty boring too.

Thanks for the responds already. :)

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited February 2022

I basically just slug them

Right now if a bully squad wants to hold the game hostage, there's very little you can do about it unfortunately except for Death by a Thousand Paper Cut them or hope they get bored.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Wait for the upcoming hotfix where the perk is being nerfed

Not sure if you saw but, yeah!

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Slug, and keep them slugged.

It's not really that fun, I know, but currently it's the best counter to boil over + 3rd floor strategy.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

You won't.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

If you can mass slug and bleed them out that’s what you do. If they bring the right setup though then even that won’t work.

But it’s getting nerfed soon anyways.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,281

Only thing you can do is to bleed them out. Slug them. If and when they get up slug them again. Its not fun but nothing else can be done about it.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Start bringing other map offerings unfortunately

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Boil Over by itself still isn't great. Wiggling free needs to be made a more viable option without needing a full build or multiple factors as it stands. Of course being on console we're so far behind it's not even funny.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Slug them or ignore them.

If they are on the top floors they are not doing gens.

Find survivors who are on gens or get out positioned.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Abandon hooks and just keep them slugged as long as you can. If you re lucky they bleed out

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like a free escape, but rather make it viable enough to feel worth attempting, perhaps add more tension at least, make it feel like it's part of the chase itself. I guess the point I was really trying to make is I would like to see Boil Over, as well as some other perks on both sides, be more worthwhile in their own right. Along the lines of something like Slippery Meat, I know it won't pay off every time, but I feel more confident in it paying off on its own. Whereas with Boil Over it feels like one would need a whole build for it, such like the OP described or multiple instances of Petrified Oak to feel like it will pay off. Similar to how a lot of people feel like they need to run Undying to make other hexes like Ruin worth running. If that makes sense.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Slugging and/or Pyramid Head

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

And letting them bleed out is pretty boring too.

Yes, but its also boring to them.

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143

I'm just bringing Iron Grasp until Boil Over's fixed. If they're at elevation, I just try to slug.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Just stare at the wall once you realize what they're doing

• 이유림
    이유림 Member Posts: 1

출혈나길 기다리는데 노미더면 답이없당ㅇㅠㅠ

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

the library just needs a sign that says: ABANDON HOOKS ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE!

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I wait for the developers to nerf it. Top tier strat in modern gaming.