Ran killer for 3 generators, came below an urban evasion player

Options

no the wonder the player base is dropping when the lead designer has the opposite opinion to literally the entire player base.

Looped a buba for 3 generators so my team could finish and escape, i get hardly any points for this and just safety pip because he hook camped me in his frustration.

brilliant system

Comments

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2022
    Options

Looping in a chase is one thing but honestly you want to try and escape and not waste every pallet in the map. Sure your keeping him occupied but he may have bbq and know where they are. At least you didnt run him to all the others like some players do. Ideally you want to always escape for it to count as a skilled play

edit: in case it wasnt clear i am not calling you unskilled just that the game system requires you to escape chases for the emblems and not just being in a chase

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250
    Options

Its probably not in frustration but mostly because it was the way he intended to play from the get go.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,095
    Options

You need to do a little of everything to get emblems now.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

i hope this is a joke 🤣 the urban evader did nothing for most of the game hiding, hardly touched a gen. I looped the killer for the length of time for the other 2 survivors to do gens which is contributing. If you honestly think that it makes them a better player because they hid the entire game and escaped while i took the chase then i'm lost for words.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

I would assume that the Urban Evader also didn't get a good score on the emblem system, if they were hiding for the majority of the game, so I don't think you really did come below them.

Also you don't see another player's emblem score so I'm not sure what you're basing this on?

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

If they escaped, they're guaranteed at least gold in one category. Survival has always been an awful category both for points and for emblems.

In terms of measuring vs the other person, i'm guessing they spectated after dying and saw a whole lot of nothing. Probably paired with a whole lot of nothing while on the hook, and maybe a dash of empathy/bond/etc showing an aura squatting down in the doing nothing factory.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,364
    Options

Try Killing 4 survs before 2 gens are done and getting nothing because so little points were gained.

If you want points/ranks you have to give the other side something so you can farm points.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

True, but I feel like OP probably got pretty high score in whatever the chase emblem is, right?

Still, it's definitely frustrating. The emblem system could do with some tweaking, and bloodpoint gains definitely need sprucing up.

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186
    Options

Yoooo I just did this and depipped lol. The killer chased me from so far away I couldn't even get chase points.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

And that is a problem...

Emblems are a way to say "good job... here's what you get for it"

But most players (especially Killers) are under the influence of MMR so Getting Kills/ Escaping are the first things we do

Think about it this way... I played a match I was Wraith and I stayed invisible for the entire match and the Survivors got around 10K points and I got around 2K points... and thus me getting hits and Hooks would've raised both my and the Survivors I played against points

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I ran the killer for legit two minutes, until he finally downed me, and my soloQ team mates where to afraid to do gens in the mean time 🤣 It happens.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

He's quoting a Dev. On the last Q&A the lead said the only measure of skill was kills/escapes. If you were more skilled, you'd have escaped, the Evader DID escape so they're a more skilled player. The killer killed you, so they are also more skilled than you are. Sorry about your lack of skills.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449
    Options

I mean you can say the evader did nothing but obviously they did if they got more points than you. Unless you magically saw them evading around while also running the killer, which is horribly unlikely.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying clearly the dude with evasion progressed the game

• Ryuhi
    edited February 2022
    Options

Survivng is 5k points alone, in a category you have few opportunities to get points in otherwise. Meanwhile if someone gets tunneled the whole game, they probably only got their 8k boldness and maybe a handful in other categories at most.

Its not necessarily that they did literally nothing, but they don't need to contribute much to get more points.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I am glad you are finally being humble about your lack of skill. Get out gamered.

• legrosporc69
    Options

That what holding W mean if you want point you need to be in chase. The killer probay commit on you because maybe 1 or 2 other survivor did the same thing so he need to commit if not all gen are going to be done before he enter a single chase.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

You can run an entire race brilliantly, but stumble in the last lap and end up not finishing and losing the race.

You can pitch a brilliant game, then give up a grand slam and lose the game for your team.

Your team can have control of the ball the entire game, but one or two bad fumbles and you've lost.

Why is the fact that you can play well the entire game but still lose at the end such a hard concept for DBD players to accept? Patrick was 100% right - you people just can't accept it.

• Ryuhi
    edited February 2022
    Options

1.) Its asymmetrical, not 1v1, 2v2, 5v5, etc.

2.) Category limits exist, both in emblems and points.

3.) Situations aren't supposed to be under your control 100% of the time. RNG and luck are both massive factors in multiple aspects of the game, down to even simple concepts like tile generation.

4.) Literally every single sports comparison I have seen is a false equivalence. Apples and Oranges are both fruit, but they're empirically different things.

5.) None of this would matter without the word "skill." It was an extremely bad choice as it has both positive and negative connotations behind it. It adds insult to injury, and coddles people who win primarily on luck.

6.) None of it matters anyway, because of how absolutely bad the matchmaking system even is. Theoretically its fairly accurate, but backfill issues and timer priority systems make it pointless and arguably worse than the old system.

This all applies to both killer and survivor in terms of MMR. #5 in particular has been a big part of why its become such a community schism: Players already get taunted enough by other players, and a lot of people reacted poorly enough to "ENTITY DISPLEASED" when playing killer. This whole thing just added another layer of salt in the wound, and made it apply to both sides to boot.

This tends to make people even more angry when they do everything right, but the game tells them they played bad. This leads to people playing safer and being unwilling to take risks, which has made the game more miserable for both killer and solo survivor alike.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Just because sports and the game itself rely on separate mechanics and rules does not invalidate the central point. MMR only cares about the final result and it's doing just that in the judgement of the devs who have never made it a secret that they look at kills and escapes in the half a decade this game has been active.

The point stands because like MMR, advancement in the above sports only cares about the final result - not how well you played.

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186
    Options

That's my point. Killer can be on you but the game doesn't count it so you depip even tho you're running the killer.

• Ryuhi
    Options

It absolutely does, because its not comparing the same thing. In sports its structured around both teams having completely equal opportunity against one another, while asymetrical gameplay does not have that. Sports also don't account for fixed advantages like perks and addons, and even maps contribute more to outcomes than locations do in sports. DBD does not have equal chances of win/lose, so its an extremely flawed argument on that alone.

Not only THAT, but individual players contribution to teams is treated differently in itself. Benchwarmers get the "win," but good players get better drafting deals, better salaries, more fame and recognition, and are generally considered better athletes in general. Even when they lose, they are considered more "skilled" (see why that word is important?) than a benchwarmer on a winning team.

• legrosporc69
    Options

Im all for that getting count as a chase but if this count as a chase killer are going to get bloodlust 2 or 3 a lot more often so i hope as a survivor you can deal with that.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

The issue is that person is joking but the devs aren't when they say the same thing he did.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2022
    Options

TBF to bhvr, i dont see in any way they could implement a system that could take your looping prowess in mind.

• legrosporc69
    Options

If they remove the depiping its because the game will see you in a chase so if the game see you in a chase the game need to see the killer in the chase too

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

It sounds like you saw urban evasion in the perk list, and assumed they did nothing, as if you were being chased the whole time by the killer before being camped on the hook, it's not like you would have been able to actually see what they were up to.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

Just had a Feng that was more skilled than me hiding in the corner for 5 minutes. Killer had a 3 gen and tinkerer, someone commits to the one gen gets hooked and I see her on kindred doing nothing. Guess I just need to get gud 😭

• cutiekiller
    cutiekiller Member Posts: 238
    Options

I mean at this point rancor is indeed legit XD the killer will have rancor against you

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

at least she didn't have self care. am i right? worst perk there is. absolutely disgusting 🤣

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

Getting chased doesn't pay well in points. Getting chased first really doesn't pay well.

Ironic considering that is the interaction that devs want from players.

• throwaway79465468797
    Options

Makes sense from a BP standpoint... urban evasion doesnt even need to be in this equation. They are simply getting more points than you because you're in a chase for 3 gens and got hooked and likely died in the process. So at max you could get 8k points, but you did go down and get hooked so I doubt you even got close to 8k. Meanwhile all the other survivors are doing gens or totems to fulfill their BP requirements. They will statistically get more BP than someone who goes down and dies after one chase

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Why do people think you can do ONE emblem, ignore all other elements of the game, then cry they are not rewarded more?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

You ran a killer for 60-70 seconds at the start of the game with all pallets at your disposal? shocker /s

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449
    Options

That's true, but I'm sure youve had games where you die and still get more points than someone who escaped, right? It happens to me a lot more than it should I feel like, and I have to assume I'm not the only one.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

Hey, your mmr goes down, the other ones goes up.

Is this really a loss for you?

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Clearly you looping is not skillful at all, nope since the urban evader escaped then they are simply just better than you CLEARLY you didn't help your teammates get gens done since you were being chased for 3 gens and ended up dying so you are the bad player what can we say.

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

if you think someone urban evading around the map not doing generators and then luckily taking the hatch that spawned near them is more skilled than looping the killer while the rest of the team do 3 generators then you're as bad as the dev's

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I thought I could write sarcasm without the /s and people would get it, glad to see it doesn't work, you can check what I type and what I say if you click on my name, I usually make fun of the devs decisions (not them but the decisions)

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    Options

Why is the fact that people don't like that SBMM literally begins with 'Skill' but doesn't use the appropriate metrics to track 'skilled' play such a hard concept for DBD shills to accept? Like I get it, I'm a fan of the game myself but can you stop kissing them for one second to see how ridiculous you sound defending Patrick...you know the guy THOUSANDS of people agree on having bad logic and laughable quotes on MMR? The guy that compared his asymmetrical sweaty-casual PvP game to Hockey even though its a terrible analogy? The guy that says the system is working fine despite Fog Whisperers, the biggest content creators AND the majority of Discord/Forum/Group users publicly disagreeing with this?

You people with rose-tinted glasses keep using the same recycled angle to act as if you're smarter than others when in reality its YOU guys who don't comprehend. Nobody cares about how the system works, its not a complex formula and its never been the point of discussion surrounding SBMM because it was easily understood the first time many months ago. The entire point the community makes is that the system doesn't perform well in this game as the evidence shows (Wanna argue that too? Its easy to prove) and that basing your "SKILL-Based Matchmaking" in an asymmetrical game off of binary end-game results with ZERO context easily makes for one of the worst ranking systems in any PvP game available.

Lets break this down for the 10000000th time since you people can't accept this:

Patrick's Logic: Emblems don't matter. Map locations don't matter. Time spent in chase/trial doesn't matter for either side. Kiting the killer successfully for extended durations doesn't matter, Skill shots with your killer ability don't matter. None of the information in the course of a trial is valuable at all except the end-result. A Nurse who struggles all game with Lethal Blinks in chase but secures 1 hook at 0 gens and then facecamps for the 1k is more 'SKILLED' than a Trapper who wins their mind-games to land hits, ends chases at a good rate all game while landing Traps but gets 8/12 hooks in a 0k.

If the above example makes any sense to you at all even without further context then there's nothing else to say other than people like you who enable this system are the reason players have been quitting and logging in less. Its okay to support stuff. Its not okay or healthy to engage in toxic positivity where no matter how blatantly bad something is you're going to parade it around as if it's still making perfect sense

Am I still a player of DBD and a fan? Yeah. Do I think the developers are horrible people and that this is the worst game ever created? No. Does SBMM suck objectively AND subjectively? Clearly, no debate