Rage Quitting Is Out of Hand

Star99er
Star99er Member Posts: 1,452
edited November 2018 in General Discussions
Something needs to be done about this I literally can’t play Killer because people dc in almost every game.
There needs to be penalties for how often you leave a game.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont know a single game besides from DBD that dares to call itself competitive with some sort of ranking system that has no DC punishment

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    edited November 2018

@CornChip said:
    I would rather the devs incentivise staying in the game over punishing leaving. Make more of a reason to stay in the game.
    Increase BP for everyone, increase fun, stop nerfing survivors, deal with issues like camping hardcore relentless tunneling, things like that, in regards to survivors dcing.
    I feel like punishing people for not having their version of fun could just drive players away from the game.
    All easier said than done though.

I will 100% say that if I'm in a game and I saved people several times from a facecamper and get downed, they're not getting the points from hooking and killing me. Especially if the gates are powered, facecampers don't deserve to be rewarded. If they put a blood point penalty that flashes -100 every 5-10 seconds on the screen to deter it I'd reconsider, but the .01% per 3 seconds or whatever nonsense it is taken off the Chaser emblem did nothing.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@purebalance said:

@CornChip said:
    I would rather the devs incentivise staying in the game over punishing leaving. Make more of a reason to stay in the game.
    Increase BP for everyone, increase fun, stop nerfing survivors, deal with issues like camping hardcore relentless tunneling, things like that, in regards to survivors dcing.
    I feel like punishing people for not having their version of fun could just drive players away from the game.
    All easier said than done though.

I will 100% say that if I'm in a game and I saved people several times from a facecamper and get downed, they're not getting the points from hooking and killing me. Especially if the gates are powered, facecampers don't deserve to be rewarded. If they put a blood point penalty that flashes -100 every 5-10 seconds on the screen to deter it I'd reconsider, but the .01% per 3 seconds or whatever nonsense it is taken off the Chaser emblem did nothing.

They get 625bp quitter bonus as opposed to 700bp sacrifice. You sure showed them by depriving them of 75bp. If you do it 40xs thats a brown bloodweb offering! Keep it up, campers will fear your RQ!!

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

It is punishable and it's automatically tracked since they now dont ask you to report dc's, the problem is 1 or 2 dc's wont be looked at, it's when people start dcing from multiple games. I do believe however that you should get the same points as you would sacrifice at least or let the bonus actually be a "bonus" and get it along with another 700 sacrafice points.