An Idea For The Thing

mad_hatter
mad_hatter Member Posts: 121
edited February 2022 in Creations

So, I was thinking about a way to do an imposter type of killer, that could perhaps be used for a Thing license. It would, of course, still need to be playable against SWFs. Here’s what I came up with…

At the start of the trial, you are randomly assigned the skin of one of the survivors. Whichever survivor you are currently disguised as will have their aura revealed to you while they are in your line of sight (thus allowing you to choose to not approach). While disguised as a survivor, the game is played from the third person POV, and all controls are the same as they would be when playing as a survivor.

While disguised, hitting a survivor with your basic attack will automatically make you take on the form of The Thing (Stage 1). The Thing (Stage 1) is a basic M1 killer, with 110% movement speed. At any point, as The Thing (Stage 1), you can retreat to place on the map, out of sight of the survivors, and disguise as another of the survivors – this would once again be randomly assigned.

To get to The Thing (Stage 2), you must fill your power gauge. This is done by repairing generators. You repair generators at a slower rate than a regular survivor. It would take approximately 40 seconds to fill your power gauge, but this would only equate to 25% of a generator. If you are able to work on a generator with another survivor, your power gauge will fill much quicker. Once your power gauge is full, you can then take on the form of The Thing (Stage 2) – you choose when to do this, it is not automatic.

The Thing (Stage 2) would have a movement speed of 120% and would have a ranged attack. This would last for 60 seconds, before reverting to The Thing (Stage 1). 

Add-ons would include things to increase the speed at which the power gauge fills and the length of time that The Thing (Stage 2) would last. However, there could also be add-ons to attempt to confuse the survivors early in the trial. For example:

BILLY PUPPET – Jigsaw Boxes spawn on the map at the beginning of the trial. 

T-VIRUS VACCINE – Supply Cases spawn on the map at the beginning of the trial.

Not sure about perks, although I did think of one which I’m not entirely sure relates to The Thing at all:

SPLINTERED – When a healthy survivor vaults a pre-dropped pallet, they become injured. This would have no effect on injured already survivors. Vaulting windows would also have no effect.

So, what do you think? Could this work? I think this would still be playable against SWFs. Of course, they would be able to share info about where you are, but they still wouldn’t be able to stop you from working on gens. At Stage 2, you would have very good mobility so would be dangerous for everybody, SWF or not.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments