If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Universal Killer Build

Options

Steel Eyed's best four universal perks killers could bring:

• Barbecue and Chili - Bloodpoints. First and foremost. Some tracking. Great for increasing situational awareness and assessing the next move throughout a trial.
  • Save The Best For Last - This is the perk that counters altruistic playstyles. Defending hooks gets easier with quick hits in succession. Borrowed time hits look like snacks. Shortens chases. And body blocking, convoy teams get shredded.
  • Hex: Ruin - A killer favorite. Creates passive slowdown. Whether survivors are searching for the totem, or facing gen regression conundrums (do I save or do the gen?). A lot of value can be provided through this perk.
  • Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance - A new killer favorite. Perfect passive slowdown. Kicks gens from afar (helps the Brutality points category out) and provides tracking information. What gen to defend (imagine Ruin is still up) and potentially number of survivors on the generator.

Notes: Pain Resonance, in my opinion, has better synergy with Hex: Ruin than Pop Goes the Weasel. Pop cannot kick an already kicked generator (Pain Resonance). There's potential that a doubling up on a generator is not always possible. Also, these two gen regression perks do not rely on the killer dropping chases in order to cause more slowdown. They allow them to focus on what makes the trials fun: chases.

Other iterations for certain killers

I believe at least three of the four perks can be used just about universally across the killer cast. The build is especially great on typical M1s (Trapper, Wraith, Pig, Doctor, Nemesis, even Spirit). But some of the perks either lack synergy with a killer, or certain killers have perks that provide extra value in place of one of the above. A quick list of swap outs I made are below:

• Hillbilly - Enduring -> STBFL
  • Nurse - Starstruck -> STBFL (Agitation -> Hex: Ruin for synergy+)
  • Shape - Monitor & Abuse -> STBFL
  • Cannibal - Bamboozle -> STBFL
  • Clown - Brutal Strength -> Hex: Ruin
  • Legion - Do yourself a kindness. Don't play Legion.
  • Plague - Corrupt Intervention -> STBFL
  • Ghostface - I'm All Ears -> STBFL
  • Oni - Infectious Fright -> STBFL (M&A -> Hex: Ruin for synergy+)
  • Deathslinger - Monitor & Abuse -> Hex: Ruin
  • Blight - Infectious Fright -> STBFL
  • Twins - Hex: Undying -> STBFL
  • Artist - Franklin's Demise -> STBFL

Looks like STBFL is the common swap out. Does not mean that STBFL is the worse perk. Just that each of these killers can down or injure survivors with their power and makes basic attacks less advantageous.

Agree with the above list? What are your favorite three or four universal killer perks?

Happy hunting.