The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Player - Killers feel underpowered without teachables

Is there a killer that just has perks set up so they can keep up at the higher levels? As soon as I hit gold or iridescent it just seems near impossible. The Survivors are always highly coordinated, and there doesn't seem to be one starter killer that really does the job. I can hardly get 1 kill most games unless I face camp (which I really don't like to do).

Just my thoughts, but I think there should be a killer with all good starting perks instead of trying to get all the teachable perks. It's no wonder que times are so long. I am new, but it just seems like unless you have gotten a buttload of perks for the killers that you're basically never going to get to iridescent 1.

Also the toxicity in this game... my god. I thought I was playing a riot game for a minute!

Comments

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

"GrADES DoNT MaTTeR!!!111!!!"

• Bloobadoop
    Bloobadoop Member Posts: 6

I guess you're right... Those bloodpoint rewards though! lol

• Bloobadoop

Yeah, survivors have way better base perks imo. I appreciate the input! At least I have an idea of what direction to go

• Bloobadoop

Yeah this is an excellent point. You feel kind of ripped off. Iridescent shards take way too long to build up.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this game but holy f, once you hit that point it's GG! ugh ;_; lol I just want to play a fair feeling match.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Welcome to this game there buddy

You should be more focused on getting perks rather then how well your matches are going... Plus you should save some BP for when you need it

Do you play all Killers?

Also don't prestige as of right now...

• Bloobadoop

Oh I learned from my survivors not to prestige them right away LOL. I eff'd that up already once... xD

Ugh... ah well guess I'll just grind em out! Anyway folks, sorry for the little rant there

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Jolt is honestly not a bad slowdown perk and you can get it without having to unlock teachables. Plague would then be my recommondation to unlock next. All 3 of her perks are fun and good and she's just a great killer overall.

• Chimp
    Chimp Applicant Posts: 384

If you plan on ever buying a killer, the first you should get is leatherface, mainly for one perk, Barbeque and Chili. It will help you get tons of Bloodpoints fast.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Don't worry, most killers end-up being under-powered in the higher skills games.

What are the ones standing a chance nowadays? Blight? Nurse?

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2022

Something you might find useful if this video, and there are probably others, that offers a serviceable build using non-teachables. I think this vid came before Stranger Things was pulled and its perks became non-teachable. If so, you can also consider Jolt, Claustrophobia, and Fearmonger.

https://youtu.be/CDDYBrI30fE

I think otzdarva has a video of such builds for each killer at the time.

Post edited by Zeidoktor on
  • Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

There are a few killers that don’t even need perks ( nurse, hag, blight)

but you still need experience and map knowledge. So while you are learning you are also getting the perks you want.

I do wish the grind for killer perks was not so awful. Or a way to target perks for the builds you want on your killers

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I think artist is decent with her own perks.

Don't think your experience will magically change when you get more teachables in general tho. Killer can be rough regardless, especially m1.

• Bloobadoop

Holy f, thanks guys :D Tons of good stuff to look at here!

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Yeah, survivors can have BT/DH as baseline, nowhere near with killer.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
    edited February 2022

The killer you are looking for is called Bubba. from the Leatherface DLC.

His 3 perks are great, 1 of them is practically meta (BBQ & Chili) and you can insta down and facecamp to 3 kills without any skill.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

No offense intended, but you do not really need perks. The only one I refuse to play without is Lightborn and that is just for my own personal sanity. I lost a hook to someone who was shining the side of my head when I faced a wall and I told myself, "never again." And I keep my word.

You either play the game properly (tunnel and face camp) or enjoy farming with survivors so bad that you can eight hook them before you go for kills. Either/or. You can't have both.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

At least you now have the demogorgon perks for free with one slowdown (Jolt) and an anti-exhaustion (Fearmonger) it used to be worse. But yes, most of the free killer perks aged way worse than survivor ones, with survivors you have Self-care, two good exhaustion perks (Dead Hard and Sprint Burst), Borrowed Time, Proof Thyself, and Spine Chill. In the case of killers the Wraith and Huntress ones are trash, Trapper and Hillbilly ones are only good when combined with locked perks mainly and Nurse ones are worse than used to be (CoH Meta).

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

According to MMR yes, you're only good if you escape remember so....

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

killers do feel underpowered even with teachables

huh.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    edited February 2022

Lets use our beloved sports analogy.

Just because you play 6 years in a NHL league, it does not mean that you are a god compared to a rookie who has just recently joined to a team and he has a walmarts hokey starter pack with a hello kitty theme for $9.99

He can still easily juke your defense and score 4 goals

But now, is he supposed to be forced to grind Shards to unlock killers for teachables, or spend over 50euros to skip half of the grind, to acquire all meta perks or perks for competitive builds?

Or what?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Also MMR will throw you under the bus if experienced survivors with 100's+ of hours have been waiting in queue too long.

It only further lessens the game experience of new players.

When you add grind, paywalls, poor mmr, and social pressure to be as toxic as possible with no option to opt out of these things given its PVP only, then its a recipe for a really bad new player experience.