šŸ˜­ A Boon got me killed

ElizaSteph
ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

Just had another game where I could tell the killer had noed (he was playing really noed like, ie whiffing a lot, trying to hard tunnel, etc) and I started doing totems. Iā€™ll paint the scene.

I saw the last totem on a hill after searching about 2 minutes (I use the four corner + middle strat and it works every time) and we were down to 1 gen. I smiled. We were going to have a four man out. Then all of a sudden I spot a Yui running towards it, and boom, my teammate booned it. I screamed in agony, clicking my flashlight and shaking my head no as she blessed it.

She didnā€™t understand šŸ˜¢.

He was a doctor who missed all of his shocks, he was going to have noed. Probably green, probably in the first or second slot. Not a last minute, hmm Iā€™ll add noed doctorā€”no, a definite noed is my first perk because Iā€™m not good at playing doctor yet and still want to kill someone doctor.

I got chased away, started looping, then all of a sudden the killer left. I was like word?? Thatā€™s not good. Then I saw a dull blue light fade in the distance and I knew he kicked the boon.

Oh no me thought. I had started a gen earlier, before I began my totem hunt, so I went for it. It was solo que, I couldnā€™t stand around a totem in hopes he left the area and waste time. Yui was getting chased around it, a baby Dwight was walking around trying to loot while hiding because he was on death hook, and I was assuming the last guy was on a gen but I wasnā€™t sure and didnā€™t want to waste more time running around the map. After all, if I popped the gen and he had noed, no one was on death hook but me and the Dwight. He was chasing Yui who had another hook left. I was cross map, and Iā€™d gladly break the totem and go for a save later. (I was on death hook because he was tunneling the baby Dwight and I kept taking downs for him to try and keep him in the game. I figured Iā€™d escape pretty easily once noed was broken.)

The second I pop the gen however, I see the killer coming towards me. I had adrenaline but he was so ######### fast I got no distance on him and died to noed. Just like that. BECAUSE SOMEONE WANTED TO BLESS A TOTEM šŸ˜­ LMFAO. I smelled out noed and called it off the bat, more than ready to counter it by doing totems. But alas, no, that boon kept me from getting it done when I needed to do it. Never thought a boon would make me so mad šŸ˜‚.

This wasnā€™t a complaint post or anything, just wanted to share my humorous experience of knowing I died because a Yui wanted shadow step šŸ˜‚.

p.s

I did know early game he was going to have noed but between doing gens, healing my team, and trying to help out a new player, I didnā€™t have much time to go find and cleanse totems. I knew I could find them fairly quickly but if someone is injured, another is getting chased, and only one person is on a gen, Iā€™m going to have to prioritise the gens/team. I wasnā€™t able to get the last totem done until that point bc we were finally in a good situation with gen progression :ā€™). I did pick off a few throughout the match but it came to a point where I had to stop until everyone else was ok and progressing. Solo que plus the new mmr just made it more difficult than usual, which is alright. Just clearing this up!

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I want to say, "just do bones"... But, I cannot do it in good faith.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

How did the boon screw you again? NOED can't over-write a boon.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

If the killer kicks the boon they can still get their hex. Before I could break the bones it got booned, then I got chased away and the killer snuffed it. It was the only time window I had to break the totem and I lost it, so he was able to keep the totem intact.

Hope this helps for future games whether youā€™re killer or survivor!! I thought noed automatically erased a boon totem so I assumed killers didnā€™t have them if a boon was the last totem and stayed up. All they have to do is snuff it, at least before all the gens pop. I donā€™t know if they get it if they donā€™t snuff it until after but they definitely can before :).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

And thatā€™s why noed is dumb and ā€œdo bones to counter noedā€ is a bad argument when it involves actively preventing your teammates from using their perks and involves cleansing 5 totems to prevent a perk that in most matches wonā€™t even be there.

To answer your question, had he not snuffed the boon, then no, noed canā€™t replace it and it wouldnā€™t have activated, even if he snuffed the totem later; there has to be a dull available at the moment the exits are powered. But since he did snuff it beforehand, it goes back to a dull totem which can be cursed by noed later.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

Ngl, at first I thought "pfff, what a whiny post", but the story proved to be rather entertaining and proves that sometimes everything can go wrong.

Its a corner case, ie someone doing bones AND a boon totem being detrimental to the teams efforts, but yeah, its about the same level as the one time a player during the EGC kobed on me and crawled towards the exit gates and I suspected him to have DS, which was right. I picked him up the second he got to the threshold, got hit by DS and he escaped scott free. But this are corner cases that make for an interesting story, but still show now greater problem at work.

Good luck next time, and hmm do bones :> (in SoloQ I also do lot's of bones).