Survivors arent OP?

ShyN3ko
ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3jgH173ik

24:50 = Stats

Mathieu cote said something like this:"Survivors arent OP. They die more than surviving."

Sry for my bad english.
Im a killer main, but i play both.
I was several times rank 1.

My opinion:
Survivors are OP, because they can loop the killer a long time, when they find the right spots.
Its rly weird.
I look on this NUMBERS, but this NUMBERS are needless.
Because the main problem isnt fixed.
Survivors are OP, but they suicide, because they are toxic.
And killer are toxic, because survivors are OP.
In a 1 vs 4 game.

This great game is frustrating:

As killer you wait 20 min for lobbys and when you get a game, survivors gen rush you.
When you tunnel 1 time, they instand dc and flaming you.
When they miss DS, they dc or suicide.
When you dribble, they dc or suicide.
When gen rush doesnt work, they suicide.

As survivor you get instant lobbys.
But its frustrating, when the killer tunnel or camp you.
Its frustrating when the killer camp you and your teammates dont do gens.
Its frustrating, when your teammates dc or suicide.

My personal Conclusion:

I totally think, DbD will die.
But i love this game.
But the devs just doesnt know, how to fix the problems.
This game is just frustrating for both sides.
And when Last Year: The Nightmare is released.
I will quite DbD.
Because it makes fun and to play killer isnt frustrating.
And the lobby time is short, because the vote system.
And objective rush doesnt work, because then the killer can kill all.
Because survivors dont had materials.
Last Year just fixed many problems from DbD.

Comments

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

@ShyN3ko said:
    1. Just take the right perks.
    Ok sure the game force me to take some perks.
    And as killer you cant make perk builds, because you NEED this perks.
    2. i dont tunnel the person with DS.#########?You should read the text again.
    My fav. killer perks is Save The Best For Last.
    3. on some points you cant mindgame, because survivor can see the killer all the time.
    And then they loop you for 2 min and the other gen rush.
    4. I wait 20 min in lobbys and when i get a SWF team i should dodge?
    And wait again 20 min?

Maybe read my post again, lol.

1. Sure you can. No one stops you. Play with Hex: Ruin, Enduring, Spirit Furry and something else. Here we have your easy to go perk build.
    2. Excuse me, you are right. You tunnel the first person. What a big mistake, I am so sorry.
    3. You can mindgame survivor. You can't mindgame good survivor. And no, they can't loop you for 2 minutes, if you play your role good. And if you are more the "I dont like to think"-Person, than play Nurse.
    4. Urgh. "Maybe play some not-swf-Survivor matches and come down to earth. Thanks." You as survivor without friends.
  • ShyN3ko

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

1. Sure you can. No one stops you. Play with Hex: Ruin, Enduring, Spirit Furry and something else. Here we have your easy to go perk build.
    2. Excuse me, you are right. You tunnel the first person. What a big mistake, I am so sorry.
    3. You can mindgame survivor. You can't mindgame good survivor. And no, they can't loop you for 2 minutes, if you play your role good. And if you are more the "I dont like to think"-Person, than play Nurse.
    4. Urgh. "Maybe play some not-swf-Survivor matches and come down to earth. Thanks." You as survivor without friends.

I doesnt they i tunnel the first person.
    I said when i tunnel 1 time.
    That mean i hook someone.
    Someone unhook him.
    I go back to the hook and found him.
    I hit him once and then he dc.
    And survivor can loop you for 2 min,when survivor dont make mistakes they can loop you rly hard on the right spots.
    Example: 2 windows are rly closed to each other and the killer doesnt have bamboozle.
    And why should i play survivor with friends when i want play killer?
    And i just write frustrating things for killer and survivor.
    And why this game is frustrating.
    FOR BOTH SIDES.

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2018
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

Someone unhook him.
    And survivor can loop you for 2 min,when survivor dont make mistakes they can loop you rly hard on the right spots.
    Example: 2 windows are rly closed to each other and the killer doesnt have bamboozle.
    FOR BOTH SIDES.

You are just bad killer main.I am sorry but iam playing killer more than survivor and killers are fine atm.The only problems are 4x DS, 4x Tryhard SWF , hatch mechanics, thats all
  • ShyN3ko

@ConsoleNurse schrieb:

You are just bad killer main.I am sorry but iam playing killer more than survivor and killers are fine atm.The >only problems are 4x DS, 4x Tryhard SWF , hatch mechanics, thats all

Ok yes, maybe im bad.
    Thats fine.
    I just write frustrating things for both sides.
    Example:
    The DS User farms another player and when he miss DS he just suicide or dc.

And he just do it, because he want to be toxic.
    And because toxic player its frustrating to play this game.
    Because both sides has frustrating things.
    I just give examples.

• ConsoleNurse
    ShyN3ko said:

@ConsoleNurse schrieb:

You are just bad killer main.I am sorry but iam playing killer more than survivor and killers are fine atm.The >only problems are 4x DS, 4x Tryhard SWF , hatch mechanics, thats all

Ok yes, maybe im bad.
    Thats fine.
    I just write frustrating things for both sides.
    Example:
    The DS User farms another player and when he miss DS he just suicide or dc.

And he just do it, because he want to be toxic.
    And because toxic player its frustrating to play this game.
    Because both sides has frustrating things.
    I just give examples.

Why survivor DC bother you? It is like suddenly 3v1 you should be happy about that.What kind of player you are?
  • ShyN3ko

@ConsoleNurse schrieb:

Why survivor DC bother you? It is like suddenly 3v1 you should be happy about that.What kind of player you are?

Im a normal player.
    I want play this game without dc.
    Because when someone dc the other suicide or dc too.
    And this isnt funny.

• ConsoleNurse
    edited November 2018
    ShyN3ko said:

@ConsoleNurse schrieb:

Im a normal player.
    I want play this game without dc.
    Because when someone dc the other suicide or dc too.
    And this isnt funny.

You cant do anything about DC.If they want to DC they can, git gut please
  • ShyN3ko

@ConsoleNurse schrieb:

You cant do anything about DC.If they want to DC they can, git gut please

You can ban them.
    Make a lobby timer,when you dc.
    They can make so many things.
    Just look to the Rainbow six siege bannsystem.
    In my last game, 2 people suicide, because i was freddy with Shroud of Separation.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited November 2018
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

Someone unhook him.
    FOR BOTH SIDES.

If a survivor loops you for 2 WHOLE minutes, you get bloodlust. End the chase.

You should play as survivor, without friends, one, to see the other side and calm down from stressful killer games is what he meant.
  • ShyN3ko

@SupremeHoodie schrieb:
    Survivors are OP when you have the mentality of a new born infant. Good killers who applied mind games knew how to stop survivors looping them. 

On some spots, killers cant mindgame, because you can see them.

• ShyN3ko

@Carpemortum schrieb:

You should play as survivor, without friends, one, to see the other side and calm down from stressful killer games is what he meant.

Dude, i just write frustrating things for both sides.
    And im only play solo survivor or killer, because i dont have friends in DbD.
    And you cant stack bloodlust.
    1 pallet stun and your bloodlust is by zero.

• Carpemortum
    Bloodlust goes up 3 times....so yes you can stack it lol. And if they're looking that long the pallets either gone or already dropped? I've just started eating pallets immediately since they like to use them all before 1 or 2 gens are even done. Makes late chases a cake walk.
  • ShyN3ko

@Carpemortum schrieb:
    Bloodlust goes up 3 times....so yes you can stack it lol. And if they're looking that long the pallets either gone or already dropped? I've just started eating pallets immediately since they like to use them all before 1 or 2 gens are even done. Makes late chases a cake walk.

I mean ,when 1 pallet stuns you the bloodlust goes to zero.
    But can we just go to back to discusion.
    That both sides has frustrating things?

• Carpemortum
    ShyN3ko said:

@Carpemortum schrieb:

I mean ,when 1 pallet stuns you the bloodlust goes to zero.
    But can we just go to back to discusion.
    That both sides has frustrating things?

Well yes, both sides can be frustrating, but I've not found something bad enough for me to want to quit. It's mostly small stuff. Like hitting hit THROUGH trees when were both standing still on opposite sides. But it's a smaller game in terms of team and budget, as well as type of game. I'll take the little frustrations to have so much fun.
  • ShyN3ko

@NoFsGiven schrieb:
    I think the problem is less that survivors are OP at this point but that the game forces killers to play in very certain and specific ways. I mean, what is it everyone says when a survivor says something?

Just (do or take) x!

Survivors have a lot more freedom in what they can take and enjoy whereas killers have to review a lobby, adjust perks based on addons, and then think about the meta and take perks to counter whatever is the newest hotness, and then they're expected to not tunnel, not camp, not slug, etc and so on.

It's not that survivors are OP it's that playing killer can be just unfun and restrictive.

I totally agree with you.
    killers dont have freedom.
    And when killer use things like NOED,mori,tunnel,camping, etc. survivors flame them.

• ShyN3ko

@Carpemortum schrieb:

Well yes, both sides can be frustrating, but I've not found something bad enough for me to want to quit. It's mostly small stuff. Like hitting hit THROUGH trees when were both standing still on opposite sides. But it's a smaller game in terms of team and budget, as well as type of game. I'll take the little frustrations to have so much fun.

DbD is a small game?
    Ok, yes i think you are right.
    But it goes very interesting, because they will get an enemy(Last year:The NIghtmare).
    We better not talk about F13 as enemy.

• ShyN3ko

@NoFsGiven schrieb:
    I don't think Last Year will really be competition for DbD. They're not the same style of game. Last Year seems like a better version of F13(a fun little party game to play with your friends). Hide Or Die might be closer to DbD but even then not being able to just be the killer will limit that game I think.

Interesting.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Pipping is evidently too easy for both sides.
  • ShyN3ko

@Visionmaker schrieb:

And the only thing you get for ranking up is a longer lobby time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ShyN3ko said:

@Visionmaker schrieb:

Because people intentionally derank, causing even longer lobby times.

• ShyN3ko

@Orion schrieb:

@ShyN3ko said:

@Visionmaker schrieb:

Because people intentionally derank, causing even longer lobby times.

You know what.
    Just delete the rank system.
    Just have the ranks 20-15 for the new players.
    But the other player are just on the same rank.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

Someone unhook him.
    FOR BOTH SIDES.

Try playing killer. You'll see how you'll constantly lose bloodlust while running around a single obstacle. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Outside of whether those stats are correct or not, there's still at least a few things which most deem unfun, balanced or not.

• Boss

@NoFsGiven said:

@Boss said:
    Outside of whether those stats are correct or not, there's still at least a few things which most deem unfun, balanced or not.

I think that's something a lot of people miss, balanced does not equal fun. The game should be, first and foremost, fun.

That's exactly how the devs talk about what they want.
    But then they were like: You know what the Howling Grounds event misses? Survivors being able to blind Killers at any time.

• Boss

@NoFsGiven said:
    Sadly I think the Devs have one killer in their midst(Not_Queen) and the rest play survivor(if they play anything) so they're not really seeing the game from both sides. Which is a shame.

I think Mcote still has nightmares of being bullied as the Hag.

• Carpemortum
    Tsulan said:
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

Someone unhook him.
    FOR BOTH SIDES.

Try playing killer. You'll see how you'll constantly lose bloodlust while running around a single obstacle. 
    I frequently do play killer. Usually wraith or pig, who lose BL easily. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Carpemortum said:
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

* Sure you can. No one stops you. Play with Hex: Ruin, Enduring, Spirit Furry and something else. Here we have your easy to go perk build.
    * Excuse me, you are right. You tunnel the first person. What a big mistake, I am so sorry.
    * You can mindgame survivor. You can't mindgame good survivor. And no, they can't loop you for 2 minutes, if you play your role good. And if you are more the "I dont like to think"-Person, than play Nurse.
    * Urgh. "Maybe play some not-swf-Survivor matches and come down to earth. Thanks." You as survivor without friends.

Someone unhook him.

FOR BOTH SIDES.

You know that bloodlust is lost after a pallet?

• Carpemortum
    Master said:

@Carpemortum said:
    ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

* Sure you can. No one stops you. Play with Hex: Ruin, Enduring, Spirit Furry and something else. Here we have your easy to go perk build.
    * Excuse me, you are right. You tunnel the first person. What a big mistake, I am so sorry.
    * You can mindgame survivor. You can't mindgame good survivor. And no, they can't loop you for 2 minutes, if you play your role good. And if you are more the "I dont like to think"-Person, than play Nurse.
    * Urgh. "Maybe play some not-swf-Survivor matches and come down to earth. Thanks." You as survivor without friends.

Someone unhook him.

FOR BOTH SIDES.

Not if you break it. Just if you get hit. Let them throw it and break it or go around...
  • Boss

@Carpemortum said:
    Master said:

@Carpemortum said:

ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

• Excuse me, you are right. You tunnel the first person. What a big mistake, I am so sorry.

• You can mindgame survivor. You can't mindgame good survivor. And no, they can't loop you for 2 minutes, if you play your role good. And if you are more the "I dont like to think"-Person, than play Nurse.

• Urgh. "Maybe play some not-swf-Survivor matches and come down to earth. Thanks." You as survivor without friends.

Someone unhook him.

FOR BOTH SIDES.

Not if you break it. Just if you get hit. Let them throw it and break it or go around...

Huh?
    Breaking a Pallet WILL consume ALL Bloodlust.

• Carpemortum
    edited November 2018
    Boss said:

Huh?
      Breaking a Pallet WILL consume ALL Bloodlust.

Hm. Could have sworn it didnt. I guess I just manage to chase after breaking pallets without having issues? Because pallets are not that big of a deal. Even as survivor, they dont feel safe. They buy a few seconds at best if they arent falling for an infinite loop. 

Even at an infinite. They hit BL3. Pallet shenanigans. BL3 happens again. You've still not wasted that much time, and if you feel like you have, you shouldnt have chased that long to begin with. Chasing while 2 or 3 gens gets done is a bad move, regardless of if pallets or bloodlust affect it.

Edit: yeah you're right. BL is lost. I still say that 2 minutes of looping is a decision the killer commits to. 
    • ShyN3ko

@NoFsGiven said:
      Sadly I think the Devs have one killer in their midst(Not_Queen) and the rest play survivor(if they play anything) so they're not really seeing the game from both sides. Which is a shame.

I think you are right.
      Just look to the pig reverse beartraps.
      Every survivor doing gens ,when people wear reverse beartraps.
      They dont get a punishement.
      They just kill her teammates, but the timer is to long.
      With a 30 seconds timer, more survivor would die.
      And then they complaining about unfair things.
      Because they doing gens, when someone wears a reverse beartraps.
      DBD should be a teamgame, but it isnt.
      sadly.

And why can survivor see the TIMER?
      WHY?
      The pig should see the timer from each trap and not the survivors.

• Visionmaker
      Master said:

@Carpemortum said:
      ShyN3ko said:

@The_Daydreamer schrieb:

Someone unhook him.

FOR BOTH SIDES.

You know that you can mind game at a pallet? and last time i checked majority of the pallets are not safe since the pallet reworks.
      We can't all be as good as Monto or Tru3..😏
    • Global
      Global Member Posts: 770

Every asymmetric game seems to have the weaker side be stronger than the side that is supposed to be powerful. Unless you make the killer completely braindead godlike like in F13 but even then the survivors can still troll jason. Asymmetrics are always a lost cause for me.

• Rebel_Raven
      Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

In and of themselves? I don't believe so.

In coordinated strike forces (SWF) yeah, they certainly can be. The game is not balanced for coordinated teams vs the killer.

• Visionmaker

@Global said:
      Every asymmetric game seems to have the weaker side be stronger than the side that is supposed to be powerful. Unless you make the killer completely braindead godlike like in F13 but even then the survivors can still troll jason. Asymmetrics are always a lost cause for me.

Consider the very real fact that survivors die and get exponentially weaker as the game goes on and you'll see why it needs to be that way.

• Watery
      Watery Member Posts: 1,167
      get good, and admit to your shortcomings. you don’t need to advertise you’re leaving the game for another because it’s so much better- it’s a bit of a cruel thing to do, and it’s annoying to see. if you can’t seem to get good, and you blame survivors perks and such- you’re the garbage one, not us
    • ShyN3ko

@Watery schrieb:
      get good, and admit to your shortcomings. you don’t need to advertise you’re leaving the game for another because it’s so much better- it’s a bit of a cruel thing to do, and it’s annoying to see. if you can’t seem to get good, and you blame survivors perks and such- you’re the garbage one, not us

Im not leaving the game, because im not good.
      Im leaving the game, because it feels like:
      I playing hearthstone vs 4 people.
      I have stronger cards, but my enemys can see my hand cards.
      And for me, its feels unfair.

• Watery
      Watery Member Posts: 1,167
      ShyN3ko said:

@Watery schrieb:

Im not leaving the game, because im not good.
      Im leaving the game, because it feels like:
      I playing hearthstone vs 4 people.
      I have stronger cards, but my enemys can see my hand cards.
      And for me, its feels unfair.

Learning how to play around the deck is key to the main point of the game. If you don’t bother adapting to your situation, you await loss.
    • ShyN3ko

@Watery schrieb:

Learning how to play around the deck is key to the main point of the game. If you don’t bother adapting to >your situation, you await loss.

Hey, i just write my opinion.
      I want play assymetrcial horror game.
      But for me, DbD isnt a assymetrcial horror game.
      Its more like, (1vs1vs1vs1)VS1.
      And i think Last Year does a pretty good job with the class system.
      I quite DbD, because i dont like the game design anymore.
      And i got an alternative to DbD.
      Its ok that you think im bad.
      I have no problem to be bad.
      I have a problem with unfair things in game.
      And both sides should have the same informations.
      Simple example:
      The reverse beartraps from the pig.
      The pig got no informations.
      But the survivor have the sound and a timer.

• friendlykillermain
      friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@ShyN3ko said:

@Watery schrieb:

Learning how to play around the deck is key to the main point of the game. If you don’t bother adapting to >your situation, you await loss.

Simple example:

really last year did a good job really? cmon last year made the biggest mistake they could have because you can kill the killers goodbye balance

• ShyN3ko

@friendlykillermain schrieb:

really last year did a good job really? cmon last year made the biggest mistake they could have because you >can kill the killers goodbye balance

I love it.
      You can kill the killer.
      This is awesome.
      And im a killer main.
      I told about fairness.
      Both sides should have the same informations.
      Both sides should have the same strength.
      And its absoluty fair that you can make kills on both sides.
      But its asymetrical.
      That means the killer can easy kill 1 person, when she/he is alone.
      But when the survivors are together and play as team, they can kill the killer.
      This is fair.

• friendlykillermain

@ShyN3ko said:

really last year did a good job really? cmon last year made the biggest mistake they could have because you >can kill the killers goodbye balance

I love it.
      You can kill the killer.
      This is awesome.
      And im a killer main.
      I told about fairness.
      Both sides should have the same informations.
      Both sides should have the same strength.
      And its absoluty fair that you can make kills on both sides.
      But its asymetrical.
      That means the killer can easy kill 1 person, when she/he is alone.
      But when the survivors are together and play as team, they can kill the killer.
      This is fair.

it can be way too easily abused

• MhhBurgers
      MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@ShyN3ko said:

@Watery schrieb:

Simple example:

lol last year is gonna be #########, asymetrical my ass, survivors just stunlock you to death there.

• ShyN3ko

it can be way too easily abused

Just wait for the perfect moment or create the perfect moment.
      Confused them.
      Try to bait them.
      And when you have the perfect moment, kill them.
      Btw i played the game on Beta.
      It was awesome and they will add more stuff.
      And it feels so good to make plans as killer.
      And to have freedom as killer.

• ShyN3ko

@MhhBurgers schrieb:

lol last year is gonna be #########, asymetrical my ass, survivors just stunlock you to death there.

they will nerf the stun gun.
      And remove the first one by the spawn.
      It was only a little help for beginners.

• friendlykillermain

@ShyN3ko said:

@MhhBurgers schrieb:

they will nerf the stun gun.
      And remove the first one by the spawn.
      It was only a little help for beginners.

that better be the case because so far it looks like its taking the route of f13

• ShyN3ko

that better be the case because so far it looks like its taking the route of f13

trust me.
      No body can beat F13 by stupid things.
      F13 was bullshit since beginning.