Hey Killers

Aside from being the obsession. Are some killers just against certain survivors or maybe even the kind of usernames people have to determine who lives or doesn’t? For example, hang around the opened gate with other survivors, let them escape, but decide to kill one instead at the end. Why do some killers ignore others and some go after a particular survivor alone when giving the game to everyone else?

Comments

• Senpai_J
    Senpai_J Member Posts: 62

I show less mercy to ppl who click/ look like they bring brand new parts/ intentionally down themselves with boil over and such.

Otherwise I usually let ppl out/hatch without wasting too much time once everyone left is in downed state.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,466

Well in my case, if you donate to me your item. You're free to go (unless I'm doing a personal challenge or some other excuse)

If you pick that item back up, you better start praying to who ever you believe in because theres no damn way you're getting out alive

you gave me that brown medkit, and I'm gonna keep that brown medkit

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I hate flashlight users, if that counts.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,269

Toxic survivors get less mercy from me. Thats all there is to it.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Yeah I have to say it's mainly just when survivors do things for the sole reason of being toxic, I'm less inclined to let them leave. I'm not gonna fixate on them all match but if it came down to the end game and everyone's alive, I'm tunneling you out, everyone else will get to leave. If you're just trying to be toxic to ruin someone else's fun, then I'm gonna ruin your fun.

Now if they're just playing well and beating me, I'm not gonna tunnel people out just to get a kill. We had good chases, it was a good match, y'all played well and are free to leave.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2022

OOOOH I got this one!

If I see a Feng Min or a David, I immediately target them. Not because I feel the players who play those characters are toxic, avg, or higher skilled or anything, but because David's Howls of Pain are Hilarious, and I'm ADDICTED to smacking Feng for Squeaks.

It's like, every time I see a Feng Min, I say to myself... "Squeaker!" and I end up ignoring the others to go after her. Same for Davids, although, for some reason I favor Feng Min's squeals over David's howls. Either Way, If I find myself in a situation wherein a Feng Min is with a Dwight, or a David is with a Jane... I pick the Feng or David to go after. Why you may ask? Because the game just feels more "Fun" Hearing their cries, howls, or squeals when compared to most of the other survivors.

Fun fact: I once went up against an SWF troupe calling themselves "Squeal team Six" and all of them were Feng Mins... That was the most enjoyable game I've ever had in DbD! Here's hoping i go up against them again someday.

Sigh... IDK, I guess it's become one of the Guilty pleasures of this game for me... but I can't help but indulge in it when presented the opportunity.

Say what you want, but those little details give me enjoyment when playing killer... and funny enough survivor too! My 2 survivor mains are both Feng and David, but only because I like the sounds they make. 😋

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I don't target specific survivors, though Blendettes, Ninja-Megs and Floppy Bunnyear Fengs are more often then not a pain in the behind.

That being said, I dont target them anyone and usually give the last player the hatch, unless my tome challenge says differently or they clickety-clicked and/or t-bagged me during the game.

If the whole team was a toxic SWF bully squad, then I usually slug the last survivor for the full 4min because I hear that bullies just love a taste of their own medicin. Try it out, its really cathartic.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I prefer female survivors so male ones dont get much mercy from me

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I would never show mercy to Claudettes, Neas or Fengs.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I think I definitely have a small bias towards certain survivors.

Dweets are adorable and must be protected at all costs. Fengs are cuties, especially bunny Fengs or cat Fengs. I love Steves too, especially scoop Steves.

I'm afraid of Nancys, Lauries, and Ashs, and Claudettes.

Jonah makes me sing the GrubHub theme everytime I see him.

Neas are especially scary. Bonus points for ones with neon colors. I typically will call this species "ne-ans". Pronounced "neons".

Regarding names, I'm immediately kinder to those who are Trickster simps in their names.

I'm afraid of any and all TTVs. I get performance anxiety.

I'm also afraid of anyone with single word names or "hex" in front of their names.

Despite all this, I'm kind to those who are kind to me and kill those who are toxic despite my little bias above. I'll also let people go if there was a DC/suicide. Or sometimes I'm feeling kind. Either way.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

Flashlight at every pallet or bodyblock even once = no mercy. OIherwise, if you don't BM, I'll go easy on you.

Other than shirtless David. He is going to be tunneled. Don't like cocky survivors.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Taunt the bull and you get the horns aka tbag or flashlight click and you won't survive given the chance for the killer.

Or rather in my case you won't get a game because I am going to ignore you except for easy hits.

Also sandbag your teammates and your are dead, instant tunnelvision on jerks.