Why do mori's suck?

I don't mean the mechanics as that'd its own can of worms but the actual effect they have. Let me explain. When nemesis crushes someones head it doesn't actually get crushed, when pyramid head cuts someone longways the survivor has no visible change, or when someone dies to a reverse bear trap (I know not technically a mori) the survivor doesn't actually get harmed by it it just snaps open and clips through them. Kind of an oversight if you ask me.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Because they would need to do individual animations for each survivor and each cosmetic.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited February 2022

Law apparently

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Showing actual gore in the game might cause problems in some countries. While DBD can be sold in a country if Nemesis does not actually crush the head of a Survivor, really crushing the head might be an issue and can lead to DBD not being able to be distributed in some countries.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,601

'Cuz this ain't Mortal Kombat or Resident Evil. Actual dismemberment and other grievous harm requires substantially more work than just the animation.

Not to mention that some countries would flat-out ban the game if it shows visible dismemberment and such things.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

The gore is reduced so that the game doesn't get banned in certain countries.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

breaking arms and legs from our samara debunks the law myth

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

"I asked them that very same question once and you know what they told me? Don't ask."

in all seriousness yeah it's because they don't want the game banned in other countries. And why do people keep comparing gore to Mortal Kombat? MK is it's own special animal. no games have it's gore level. Realistic gore.

If moris didn't leave the body behind it might help in some cases. say if the entity took it away.

They could do what other games have done and release a tamer version of the game in the regions that require it. but that's not going to happen.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,601