Dragon's Grip + Brine seems pretty amazing

Options
ukenicky
ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

The concept is simple: kick a gen with Brine and trap it with Dragon's Grip.

Survivor either touches it and becomes exposed when you come back to get them or leaves the generator and it regresses into oblivion.

Pair with Pop for more regression off of downing the exposed survivor and you have loads of regression at your fingertips (Or lack thereof if you're a certain Onryō).

I'm telling y'all this is likely going to be a powerful synergy. I can't wait to see other combinations with this and her other perks tbh I'm already thinking of Tinkerer + Merciless Storm on Artist to be annoying af from across the map with crow shots lol

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2022
    Options

wait till you see what Jolt + Call of Brine does... It's a game changer!

Redacted, Tested it, and it doesn't work, which is weird because the text of the perk says "Damage" a generator, and not "Kick", which would imply that the simply needs to be damaged by you in order to activate Call of Brine, which would include perks like Jolt or Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, but no, it means "kick" a gen, which honestly doesn't even damage its progress until a second afterwards. The devs should correct that.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,124
    Options

its not what perk is for. about 4 weeks ago, Mandy said that the team was discussing internally about 3 generator strategies and I can see exactly why they were discussing it.

This perk is designed for 3 generator strategies. currently killers regress generator 400% slower than survivors making them ineffective at 3 generator strategies because survivor progress 400% faster and killer regress 400% slower. survivors will win the war of attrition just by the progress vs regress on the game.

a famous build known for 3 generator strategies was doctor's 3 generator strategy, though its not really exclusive to him, anyone can do it and its related to these 4 perks when put together.

Unnerving presence+Overcharge+Surveillance+STBFL.

now you can run Unnerving presence+Overcharge+Call of brine+STBFL. simple concept is that if survivor touches generator, they better hit that tiny white ruin skill-check or you lose 15% regression. even if you do hit it, the killer can kick it again until you do. If you don't touch generator, than it regress at 200% ruin speed.

what fascinating gameplay.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Just use Startruck and Agitation, everyone can be affected and it has a low cooldown and you decide when it's active.

• FriendlyBubba
    FriendlyBubba Member Posts: 229
    Options

You guys don't know how powerful overcharge is with Brine and Storm on Doctor with unnerving presence.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

No, but to go back to the gen for the person who triggered Dragon's Grip, you'd have to drop chase with whoever you're chasing, and they may be about to go down. But if you don't drop chase, you might not see the other guy before their exposed is up. So you're taking a risk of getting no value no matter what you do.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Dragon's Grip won't help solidify a 3-gen more than an other perk would. The survivor who taps the gen is now exposed, but you have to commit to them to get the down, which means leaving your 3-gen and potentially losing the last gen. Y'all always act as if when you have a 3-gen, they're all starting at 0 every time, instead of taking into account how a game normally is.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,124
    edited February 2022
    Options

you wouldn't pick a perk to give exposed, you'd pick a killer who already has exposed. An example of killer that has exposed base-kit is Hillbilly. Why bother using situational exposed perks when you can just play a killer that has 100% up-time on exposed.

I mean if you've watched trapper mains like otz or hag mains like michi who main hag. these killers that are largely territorial are based around 3 generator gameplay. those player don't use expose perks. expose perks are just not good. a more reliable way for non-instant down killers to capitalize off 3 generators is running stbfl. Hag mains run it because it shorten cooldown of m1 attack allowing them to chain-teleporter easier and it keeps survivors more claustrophobic towards one area which is important for trapping based killer. trapper's do this as well for exact same reason. if you pick an instant down killer than you do not need stbfl.

3 generator strategies are all about claustrophobia gameplay that often revolves around abusing narrow map design(like azeroth resting place) and unlimited regression. The reason 3 generator strategies do not really work vs high-level teams is because killers have pathetic level of base regression on generators. The only way to regress generator's infinitive is through skill-checks like overcharge but good survivors won't miss skill-checks. that's why this stuff mostly labeled as rank 20 strategies, but now a days, we do not have ranks, so I'd just call low MMR in modern day.

If you ask me, new Ringu killer is like... rank 20 balancing/killer design and rank 20 perk design. Do they seriously think that survivors are going to get mori by directional audio TV teleporting? Do you think anyone going to get fooled by passive spirit phasing as a power at loops? The people saying she is fine without anti-loop are complete fools. It is like watching comedy.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

I love getting some solid plays with Dragon's Grip (DG), so this synergy sounds great. I look forward to trying out DG *specifically* on Sadako because I love baiting DG with stealthy killers. Between GhostFace and Pig, it pays off to be able to plant the trap and stealthily hunt nearby - if you can do it right, it tempts the survivor to stop the regression and makes them panic since they cannot hear you. It sounds like Sadako will be a perfect new killer to try this baiting tactic on.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

It's still garbage tier. The fact it goes on cooldown even when it's never triggered makes it just so bad. There's way more consistent exposed perks to use. You also have to basically be camping the gen for it to even give you any value or half the time the survivor is hiding by the time you get back. And camping some random gen? Huge waste of time if it doesn't pan out. At least perks like MYC you were camping a hook which is a much better option.

Brine is some hot trash too. It's a super niche situation where it's useful, and ruin/pop is going to be better 9 times out of 10.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Agreed. NOED is probably the only Exposed perk worth bringing.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Sorry for proposing a cool synergy idea.

Can someone close this thread please I'm tired of everyone just being rude.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Fyi Michi always uses Make Your Choice, it’s his favorite perk.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Yeah exposed is actually super strong because it applies pressure instantly. Because all it takes is a single hit to down them, which usually first hits are pretty quick. If you down someone in a single hit you knock off like 60% of the time you would've spent in chase instantly. Not to mention now someone has to come for the unhook. So that's two people not doing gens. Exposed status can be instant snowball potential.

That's why a majority of the exposed status perks are built into hexes. That's why iri hatchets and clowns picky finger addons are so strong. And why permanent tier 3 Myers is such a pain to deal with. I love exposed perks because it allows you to get slowdown without having to bring slowdown perks.

The trade off for the non hex exposed perks is that they only affect 1 person, and they have an activation requirement.

And I don't understand the whole hillbilly argument. I'd much rather have exposed perks on someone like hag, or nurse, or blight. I mean have you ever faced a doctor that has devour activated? ######### is terrifying. Can't hide, can't loop once he finds you, and he can just straight up murder you.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Dragon’s Grip should have a shorter cool down, I don’t see Brine being used seriously outside of the adept achievement.