Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Sadako now the scariest killer in DbD?

Malum_Midnight
Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

By scary I mean generally. While Oni isn’t eerie, people say he’s one of the overall scariest because of his sounds and movement. So in terms of eeriness, primal fear, uncanniness, etc., do you think Sadako is the new scariest killer?

Is Sadako now the scariest killer in DbD? 44 votes

Yes
61%
VolantConch1719Mat_SellaMrPenguinTaigaGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxTatariuChurchofPigMalum_MidnightdugmanNoName4GuiltiiTheHunter2529GazgemauchHaunterofShadowsLiterallyweezingSomberNokkTricksters_Wifeshinobu149GarlicRice 27 votes
No
38%
Gibberishmusstang62GeneralVEnderloganYTMooksValikWarcrafter4AdvorsusFobboPSPMastatoeD4M4VR1CKThatOneDemoPlayerAurelleCritSpiderManGhostlyboy 17 votes

Comments

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    No

Uhhh...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Yes

I voted Yes just for the jump scare on the menu. Watching a montage of streamers freaking out when she does that was hilarious. 😄

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Too early to ask.

We normal people have not played as her and against her yet.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216
    Yes

On the first day, my friends, myself and a random we kind of kidnapped were playing against her. I can't remember the last time I heard that much screaming in this game, so she's clearly doing something right.

Plus, that jumpscare came out of nowhere while I was copying down her backstory. I mean, I know the tell now (lifting her head), so it doesn't usually surprise me anymore, but I can only imagine how it will go for those who don't know that she does it.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited February 2022
    No

I don't really find her that scary. Maybe it's just because I'm desensitized to scary things at this point, but I just find her funny not scary.

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Yes

Compared to every other killer yes, only real competition is maybe the stealth killers who can basically jumpscare you and maybe some of the more mobile killers like Oni and Billy

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    No

It's kind of hard to be afraid of a Killer who is so weak.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

Too early to say. I've had more jumpscares from lockergrabs as killer.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

Ghostface fills me with a sense of paranoia and dread that is occasionally gratified with a punctual jumpscare.

A lot of killers are actually scary in many ways, but I find that Saduko is up there with Oni and Meyers.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    No

Ghostface and Myers will always rule in that category.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553
    Yes

there is something very eerie about seeing the Demanifested Sadako glitch around. There's a certain uncertainty about it, that's frightening.

With Myers/GF, you're worried about the exposed potential. With Sadako, its the way she presents herself that provides the fear.