Reporting this 2 peoples for Offences against the Person Act 1861

STT
STT Member Posts: 41
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

In real life you do jail for it,in game i hope you take action for it!

I did sent report also from game but want to make sure this kids realise what are the laws and they don't care until they don't go to jail.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Uh huh.

Blur the names.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

naming & shaming is against forum rules.

you did the right thing by reporting them. But showing this here is against rules as well.

• STT

why? how they can be punished then?

they break the law of threating peoples life!

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

By BHVR doing something, which is not sure if we know happens or not.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

how would they get punished by exposing them this way? Maybe they used gamertags of others so they get hate for this. Gamertags are not unique after all.

you reported them. That means the right people should get all the information to punish them for this.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Actually- not quite. Common assault, as defined under the OAPA 1861, involves making one party "apprehend immidiate unlawful force". It's a basic intent offence, meaning it can be commited either recklessly or intentionally. We know from the case of Ireland that assault can occur through words- or even just silent phone calls.

However, unless your mother was the person that read this message and immidately feared that someone would use unlawful force against her, then no assault was completed as there was never a case of the intended recipient receiving and fearing from this message. The principle of transferred malice (found in the case of Latimer) wouldn't apply here, as you have no reason to fear for your own safety from the message against your mother.

So, is this a crime? Most likely, yes. Is this against game rules? Yes. Is this bannable? Yes. Is this specifically an offence as defined in the OAPA 1861 carrying a maximum sentence of 6 months? No, it is not.

Also- blur the names in the screenshots. Against forum rules to show those.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited February 2022

report them in-game. the chat logs are saved and sent to bhvr support.

• GoodBoyKaru

the worst part is they're english (evidenced in spelling mum) and vauxhall is a british car company and they still cant get it right

• STT

Thank you for all people who did comment helped me with this situation,1 is to be toxic in game tea-bagging,flashing and stunning and after tea-bagging again,thats tottaly kids game,but threats with death and family not tolerated,sorry i didn't know the situation with the bluring the names from the forum,i do apologies its my 1st time happening such a toxicity in my case!

• GoodBoyKaru

it's cool, we all gotta start somewhere. just know that a lot of the time, if not 99.99% of the time, these threats are baseless. report them to bhvr and only if something goes wrong physically- like if they doxx you- should you contact local authorities because then it becomes a serious offence